• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Grey (FOX) Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base
Since Relativistic and MHS+ combat speed was rejected, the next feat would be Hypersonic based on this calc. Therefore Jean should have Hypersonic combat speed, like almost all the characters since through Wolverine everyone scales, since she reacted and blocked Angel's attacks

Jean should have "At least MHS+" attack speed with TK since she attacked Apocalypse before he could react.

HotPF
Vuk was able to stop and redirect Cyclops' Optic Blast in mid-air with TK, which moves at the speed of light, so she should have SoL attack speed with TK since it's relative to Cyclops' Optic Blast. Since Jean scales above Vuk I think she would have FTL attack speed with TK.

Jean survived after making contact with the Phoenix Force, which was mistaken for a real solar flare by NASA; an average solar flare typically emits an energy of 10²⁷ ergs (10²⁰ Joules or 23.9 Gigatons) per second. The Phoenix Force should passively emit that energy because:
  • It was classified by NASA as a real solar flare, therefore it must have the same properties as one.
  • Its heat was able to completely disable and damage a space shuttle from a large distance.
  • The Phoenix Force itself is pure energy.
Therefore Jean should have a physical durability of 6-C. Although I don't know if this anti-feat would give issues, it shouldn't since no one scales from HotPF Jean.

Since Relativistic and MHS+ combat speed was rejected, the next feat would be Hypersonic based on this calc. Therefore Jean should have Hypersonic combat speed, like almost all the characters since through Wolverine everyone scales, since she reacted and blocked Angel's attacks

Jean should have "At least MHS+" attack speed with TK since she attacked Apocalypse before he could react.
This is fine.

Vuk was able to stop and redirect Cyclops' Optic Blast in mid-air with TK, which moves at the speed of light, so she should have SoL attack speed with TK since it's relative to Cyclops' Optic Blast. Since Jean scales above Vuk I think she would have FTL attack speed with TK.
As with the other Optic Blast feats, really this just isn't solid evidence. Cyclops' Optic Blasts are reacted to far to consistently and don't have a comparable showing to imply that the statement is even true.

Also even if the above was true, Jean would need to show to be notably faster than Vuk rather than just scale above to get a FTL rating.

• Its heat was able to completely disable and damage a space shuttle from a large distance.
This also works against it. Since the space shuttle was directly exposed to that PF for a notable peroid of time and wasn't destroyed despite the exposure. The PF also found Jean to be unique and bonded with her.

Though "At most High 6-C" would probably be fine, since there is a good chance Jean had to withstand the PF long enough for it to find her worthy.

As with the other Optic Blast feats, really this just isn't solid evidence. Cyclops' Optic Blasts are reacted to far to consistently and don't have a comparable showing to imply that the statement is even true.
That would only be attack speed with TK, no combat speed, and no one reacted to Vuk or HotPF Jean's TK, in fact no one scales to Vuk or HotPF Jean's combat speed with the exception of the PF, so there shouldn't be issues with that either
Though "At most High 6-C" would probably be fine, since there is a good chance Jean had to withstand the PF long enough for it to find her worthy.
This is fine?
Building level+ (Survived an explosion that destroyed an entire space shuttle), at most Island level (Survived after making contact with the Phoenix Force, which should emit the same energy [23.9 Gigatons of TNT] than a solar flare)

But wouldn't she be taking a small part of it, even if for a prolonged time? That's why I suggested the surface area thing. If not, then I'm ok with at most High 6-C.

But wouldn't she be taking a small part of it, even if for a prolonged time? That's why I suggested the surface area thing. If not, then I'm ok with at most High 6-C.
I was assuming the OP was talking about it being focused and going inside of her. If its just the PF moving forward, then yeah you'd need to find surface area first.
The formula would be 23.9 Gigatons/Jean's surface area?

I was assuming the OP was talking about it being focused and going inside of her. If its just the PF moving forward, then yeah you'd need to find surface area first.
Yes, you can see the PF "wave" going over the entire ship (an a dozen meters or so) and she's taking that.

How can I calculate that?

You can ask there for a calc.

You can ask there for a calc.
I've been waiting for a feat to be calculated for 9 months in that thread, I don't think it's the best option. But why is the surface area of the PF needed? What is the complete formula?

How can I calculate that?
Easiest way is to use the length of the space shuttle to get the width of the beam.

After that just assume its a circle and them get a normal person's surface area and go from there. As an example
  • A = πr^2
  • A = π * (100)^2
  • A = 31415.9265359
  • 10^20 * (1.62 / 31415.9265359) = 5.1566202e+15 Joules

But since she took the entire thing rushing into her, I'd imagine her max would just be the general full output. But I may be wrong.

Here is the calc. How would her durability be?
  1. At least 7-B, at most 6-C
  2. At least 7-B, likely 6-C
  3. At least 7-B, likely at most 6-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back