• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JBW Character Contest (Suggestion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
Rodri "Dante" said:
An idea to encourage good pages and (Hopefully) improve the quality of the wiki.

I belive this is more or less how it could look like.
Any ideas for trophies, rules or anything else are welcome

So something like:

• Pages with an excesive amount of spam won't be considered.

I would also like to add a rule where you cannot just have strongest character by saying they're stronger than X or the whole wiki. Because that is just cheap and uncreative.

We are still discussing this, you can't submit characters yet.

About your rule, excluding "Stronger than the wiki" characters seems fine, but I think "Stronger than x" characters should be allowed. For example:

Tier: High 0

Name:
Karkat Vantas

Attack Potency: Absolute Infinity Level+ (Karkat is just the best troll, so he is obviously stronger than Andrew Hussie who is the creator of all of MS Paint Adventures)

^Do you think this shouldn't count?

Do the characters have to be tailor-made specifically for the contest or can they be existing profiles?

When can we submit profiles?

When all the rules/trophies are settled, and I guess when some other admin besides Ryukama sees this.

I'm thinking a month period on submittion. As for votes, at least 2 weeks.

Well, that's my opinion, at least.

Time is probably least important thing right now, so we should leave it for later.

Some things that might be important to settle:

• A profile submittion format.
  • Name for the second/third place of the Most accurate profile trophy
  • Probably more rules
  • Theaching me how to make a poll in the wiki
  • Another trophy?
Anyway, going to sleep right now.

Rodri "Dante" said:
Time is probably least important thing right now, so we should leave it for later.
Some things that might be important to settle:

• A profile submittion format.
  • Name for the second/third place of the Most accurate profile trophy
  • Probably more rules
  • Theaching me how to make a poll in the wiki
  • Another trophy?
Anyway, going to sleep right now.
1:

- Name of the submitted pofile

- User name

- Link ot their own page and user profile

2:

2nd Place: Death Battle simulator

3rd Place: Vs website ripoff

3:

A rule to follow the mentioned stuff in this comment probably

4:

IDK

5:

A trophy for "Best Frames" would be nice.

It would be about having the best images and videos related to the profile to explain stuff from it or put clear how they are above (or below, uncomparable or comparable) to other stuff. The pictures and videos don´t have to be owned by the user.

Bobsican said:
3:
A rule to follow the mentioned stuff in this comment probably
I don't really get what you mean by this, in any case I editted the page accordingly.

Some rules I been thinking on:

• Profiles can't be editted during the voting process.
  • Discussions about if a character should or not apply must be done in the character's page/user's message wall.

How about we make sure the characters actually fit within the tiering system and the rules that we're about to apply regarding low quality profiles? It would be pretty difficult to make a trophy for the strongest character otherwise.

I'd also like to suggest that we redo these trophies regularly. Like have a "Funniest profile of 2018", "Funniest profile of 2019", etc. That way the places aren't permanently hogged forever.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
How about we make sure the characters actually fit within the tiering system and the rules that we're about to apply regarding low quality profiles? It would be pretty difficult to make a trophy for the strongest character otherwise.
I'd also like to suggest that we redo these trophies regularly. Like have a "Funniest profile of 2018", "Funniest profile of 2019", etc. That way the places aren't permanently hogged forever.
i feel like it should be allowed to go outside of the power tiers but it has to be really well made for example king, it's one of the strongest pages on the wiki but it's not spammy bullshit it's really well made with amazing photoshops done

Rodri "Dante" said:
Maybe what we need is a group of judges, because obviously one person can't really pull this off.
I 100% agree with this

We basically evaluate every profile submitted, if the mayority of us approve it then it can participate in the contest.

There should also be a rule so the judges don´t evaluate their own profiles they may submit, as they would likely just accept them.

Sounds fine.

By the way, we can't evaluate our own profiles, other judges must do that

So much for being corrupted

We should also be able to awnser any question anyone has about the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back