• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason's durability upgrade

Jason vs Tina
Jason vs Tina

Would his durability be Room Level based on the video shown that Jason survive the house explosion caused by Tina Shepard?

In his Undead form, his attack potency and striking strength should stay in Wall Level, but his durability should be more level.

Well like I said, the feat was deemed an outlier because it was way higher than most of his other showings. A mortar shell reduced him to chunks in Part 9, a grenade blew off half his body in the comics, and he's consistently pierced by bullets.

If you have any feats that prove he's consistently building level, then we can upgrade him.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Well like I said, the feat was deemed an outlier because it was way higher than most of his other showings. A mortar shell reduced him to chunks in Part 9, a grenade blew off half his body in the comics, and he's consistently pierced by bullets.
If you have any feats that prove he's consistently building level, then we can upgrade him.
I don't think he should be small building or building level, he should be at least Wall Level, Wall Level+, at least Wall Level+, or Room Level.

Well the thing is, the feat is more or less around small building to building level (it was what put Jason at building level in the first place), which still puts it into outlier territory for Jason in comparison to his other feats

Small building level is like bottom of the barrel super powers, how can THAT be considered an outlier? I'd say a high end if anything.

On the being riddled with bullets point, that's just insane. Almost every street leveler from peak human to town level has a feat where a bullet hurts them. Authors don't know jack about science, they gotta keep up the suspense (Spider-Man, Batman, Deadpool, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Pokemon, etc.)

Besides, there are other feats for small building level. He's able to harm Necronomicon Freddy in their fights who is labled at that level. There literally a feat where Freddy collapses an entire house on Jason, and he's perfectly fine.

He was crushed underneath a multi-ton tank in Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, and was perfectly fine. Last and not least is his fight with Uber Jason, where's he's shown to be able to at least knock him around a bit, and that guy survived an entire spaceship blowing up with him in the epicenter.

I say its an outlier because explosives and giant bullets can gib him easily. He can also be pierced by things demostrably weaker than a bullet or be heavily damaged by such attacks. To say he's 9-A or 8-C durability wise has to rely on ignoring a lot of stuff basically

> Last and not least is his fight with Uber Jason, where's he's shown to be able to at least knock him around a bit,

Uber-Jason's weight is under 300 pounds. Being able to stagger or move him isn't really notable for a 9-B. When Zombie Jason was punching, slashing and stabbing UJ the armor plates absorbed all of the damage anyways. The only time UJ was injured was when ZJ targeted the gaps between his armor.

I can only think of this explosion from FvJ (as the car feat was calced to be Wall level) and they're so far away from it you'd likely not get a result above 9-B or something to far into the 9-A range. Even then it doesn't excuse every single time he's been stabbed, shot, or dismembered.

Qawsedf234 said:
I can only think of this explosion from FvJ (as the car feat was calced to be Wall level) and they're so far away from it you'd likely not get a result above 9-B or something to far into the 9-A range. Even then it doesn't excuse every single time he's been stabbed, shot, or dismembered.
So which durability level that Jason should be, after the explosion from FvJ?

Hunterzillas said:
Wall level is actually bottom of the barrel super powers on this site, actually.

It's true that authors sometimes treat bullets as weird in fiction, but we can't just ignore how consistently Jason has been harmed by things in the 9B range

We were actually gonna give Jason a 9A key, but it was gonna be for the Freddy vs Jason continuity which wouldn't scale to his normal undead form cause of it being a different canon or something like that. Idk why we never got around to it, the thread just kinda died. Also, surviving a house collapsing isn't necessarily 9A, many calcs have come out to 9B.

Being crushed under a tank isn't anything near 9A, and Qaws already explained the deal with Uber Jason

Zombie Jason feats

- Well this explosion from FvJ is an example of him making an explosion look like a fool. He's far away, but the fireball still reaches him and sends him flying. He's no worse for wear.

- Like you said, there's the car explosio. He's still in one piece, albeit smoking.

- Crushed by a tank (not an explosion, but still impressive. Plus Freddy survies getting blasted by said tank).

- Helicopter explosio (Jason's comics have the worst artists I swear to God, but I finally figured this one out. Jason was being lifted by a crane onto a raised platform. Once there, he is strapped to the helicopter, so when Violet shot it, he was also caught in the explosion. At first I thought it was just a feat of the fuel not burning him, which would still be impressive, but no he's in that explosion. I know that the spotlight being on him messes with the positioning of everything, but like I said these guys are terrible artists).

- The house explosio from part VII

- And the second blatant building feat , Freddy crushes the Thompson house on Jason and himself

- Now, on top of those, he scales to Necronomicon Freddy (stats not reality warping) by virtue of harming him and his clones . Freddy with the Necronomicon as you'll know is small building level on this site.

Uber Jason feats

- Here's one of the weaker explosions that he survives.

- Space station explosio , easily his best durability feats.

- Atmospheric rentry

- Robot explosio

These durabililty feats are not relegated to specific portions of his body while ignoring the others, each time his whole form was encased in the balls of flame. So it doesn't matter if its metal or not.

- And ZJ scales to UJ because of their fight. Even if you want to excuse everything by saying that ZJ only stabbed UJ in the fleshy bits, well I looked throught the fight again, and actually...right through that metal arm.

Now to round everything up, this is what we've got.

There are 2 instances that keep small building level an outlier. Both involve explosions.

- FBI explosion scene . I would like to point out that in this scene, the explosion happens behind Jason, it doesn't even directly hit him (seems a bit questionable).

- Hit with a grenade . Good regen feat, bad durability feat. I don't have much to say other than the explosion looks comparatively small to what else happens to Jason.

Meanwhile on the other hand we've got....

- 4 explosions that Jason tanks without question, one being a helicopter, the other a house.

- 2 feats of a house and a tank collapsing on top of him.

- Consistent scaling to Freddy Krueger, who is already labled small building level according to the site

- And good scaling to Uber Jason, who himself has good durability feats with explosions.

Now there is an elephant in the room, and that is your point on all the times he's been dismembered and shot up. To that I say this.

My point isn't that every single little feat that he's ever had is small building level, because that's not true. My point is that he has a consistency of surviving explosions unscathed as opposed to the two times where it actually dismembered him, which makes them the exception, not the rule. His high-ends are supported by the lower feats of him tanking explosions as well as good scaling, so they shouldn't be considered outliers.

Albert Wesker is small building level, but he's been shot by Chris god knows how many times. Freaking Alucard from Hellsing is the textbook definition of a bullet-sponge, but the one time Seras survies an explosion, and the time he's dragged through part of a building, that justifies small building level, as opposed to what I've provided? (I'm sure there are other things, but that's not the point).

Deadpool, Deathstroke, Nemesis, , Raiden, every comic book street leveler and their grandmother's get shot up all the time. Does that mean they're wall level? No, because they have consistent high-ends, and trying to use these instances as anti-feats to downplahy them is no bueno.

I know this sounds like whining (it is), but I don't get the reason that ^ is allowed? Sure other characters might have more feats of surviving weirder things, but they have almost infinitley more feats of them getting "gibbed" like fools, or just plain making fools out of themselves.

Fiction is going to fiction, and I believe Jason has shown a consistent enough basis that he is deserving of his upgrade. He's been a good momma's boy, and has been patient with us, but I think its time for a change.

> So which durability level that Jason should be, after the explosion from FvJ?

Due to the distance like wall or small building level. According to a rough estimation on my part I got 3.04 x 10^8 but it could be a few hundred times lower of the explosion was natural gas based instead of propane based.

Actually, there is something I wanted to bring up.

One of the justifications for Freddy being small building level is him blowing up some houses, and looking through the scans again, it could be poor artistry but the "houese/cabins" look really freaking small.

Maybe the explosive yield could come out pretty high, but the structures themselves are pretty tiny. I think they might be ice-fishing houses, given that they're fighting on the lake.

• First explosion is probably wall level due to distance
  • It's a good feat but also wall level
  • Freddy survived because he had the Necronomicon which gave him his dream powers in the real world. As for Jason I don't even remember of it hit him or not
  • Explosion wasn't big and Jason was far away from it. I doubt it'd be more than wall level
  • Outlier we're discussing
  • A building collasping on you isn't indicative of building level energy as mentioned earlier
Uber-Jason's stuff are legitmate because it's a new form with at most one anti-feat and consistent high level results.

> And ZJ scales to UJ because of their fight. Even if you want to excuse everything by saying that ZJ only stabbed UJ in the fleshy bits, well I looked throught the fight again, and actually...right through that metal arm.

It does matter, because when ZJ hit UJ on the metal plates it did no damage, but when he clipped the flesh it got cut. In the example you posted he got stabbed in a fleshy part and it pushed a plate up as it exited

> 4 explosions that Jason tanks without question, one being a helicopter, the other a house. 2 feats of a house and a tank collapsing on top of him.

Nearly all of them are wall level and was far away

> Fiction is going to fiction, and I believe Jason has shown a consistent enough basis that he is deserving of his upgrade.

I don't think its enough to upgrade. Even if you assume he's not weak to explosions he's consistently wall level. His typical potrayl and numerous anti-feats but him there.

^

The building level explosion isn't an outlier though, its a good high-end. I'm showing that the consistent explosions make the 2 other bad ones exceptions, and that the house explosion is the best one of them feats. The fact that he survived the other ones u'nscathed' means that he was tougher than them, so it isn't beyond reasoning that he could survive the house explosion.

Freddy by the way completely built that house from the ground up. I'm not sure how we treat creation feats, but typically when someone makes a star they're star level, and Freddy crafted that building, before competely destroying it on top of Jason....sounds building level to me.

- Freddy Scaling

I know why Freddy survived, but the fact that Jason is able to hurt him and contend with him means he should scale to the Dream Demon, who's profile places him at small building level. (I did point out how the houses are really small though, I want to revisit that after this).

And if you're referring to the tank, yes it landed on Jason. Ash in the next scan literally says we gotta go before Jason frees himself.

- Uber Jason Scaling

It doesn't matter though. I only brought up the metallic parts as a just in case. UJ's whole body still went through those explosions intact, meaning ZJ would have had to match UJ's durability to do any damage. Also, I rechecked that scan with the metallic bit, and I realised he isn't stabing Uber through the arm, you're right he's stabbing him in the fleshy bit right in the ribs. Problem is, it pops out the other side, piercing through Uber's chestplate. You can even see the exit wound where it pops out.

The metal portions of Uber Jason are more durable than the flesh, yes, but the fleshy stuff is still durable enough to go through all the other stuff. Zombie Jason definitely went through the flesh, and I found a scan of him going through the metal. How does this not scale?

I know that's what you think...problem is I think I'm seeing this a bit differently.

> so it isn't beyond reasoning that he could survive the house explosion.

It is when he basically took an explosion one to two tiers higher than every other feat and came out fine

> Freddy crafted that building, before competely destroying it on top of Jason....sounds building level to me.

Surviving a collasping a building doesn't require building level durability. Especially when that building is mostly wood

> but the fact that Jason is able to hurt him and contend with him means he should scale to the Dream Demon

Scaling Freddy to anyone is not a good idea since he messes around heavily in character to the point where he loses fights that he shouldn't. To say Jason hits as hard as a tank shell despite multiple instances of failing to replicate such strength makes no sense

> UJ's whole body still went through those explosions intact, meaning ZJ would have had to match UJ's durability to do any damage.

The armor could very well heavily blunt any impact that hits it. If spikes and ZJ can damage him by stabbing his flesh parts, that means his normal body is still 9-B durability wise, but the armor bumps it up multiple tiers.

> How does this not scale?

Batman and Captain America have dozens of nkt hundreds of incidents of injured people trillions of times more durable them they are strong. But they're still called outliers.

- Not sure how that's out of reason. He took the other explosions completely fine, implying we haven't seen him at his toughest. He survies the building explosion, and because he is at the highest level of wall level, it completely reasonable he could be in the lower end of small building level.

- You didn't address the crafting of the building part, which is where I'm backing up the idea that it's subsequent total destruction would require the same force. You just repeated what you said earlier.

- Freddy makes a small building, and is thus more than likely small building level. Jason survives said building's destruction, and more importantly goes on to hurt Freddy. That is direct scaling. And it doesn't hurt to scale because we know Freddy hates Jason, we have no reason to think he would hold back. He's clearly even surprised when he sees Jason kill the clone Freddys. Also, the heck you bringing up wood for? It's still a multi-story building, with insultion, with support beams, with infrastructure. Wood has to be pretty damn strong to build a foundation with it.

- Now you're just using a headcanon explanation. Half of his entire freaking body is flesh, armor doesn't work where it doesn't exist. To be completely and physically totally intact that way he is, ALL of him had to survive.. I hate to repeat myself, but he survived those explosions, ALL of him. He scales upwards to his own feats. He doesn't scale DOWN to zombie Jason (zombie Jason actually scales up to him).

(And again, even with you're theory, he still stabbed through his damn breastplate).

- UJ isn't trillions of times stronger than Jason though, is he?

So, again this is where we're at.

Zombie Jason has consistent feats of tanking high explosions, and has two building level feats. He scales to Freddy, who is building level, and he scales to Uber Jason, who I'm definitely feeling has building level durability (robot explosion, and space station explosion)

...With all this stuff, yeah small building level isn't much of an outlier.

• Small Building level might be a reasonable claim if you dismissed all the low ends, but the explosion he took at point blank range was way bigger than building level and he came out fine. Assuming he actually took it in the first place
  • Crafting a building would apply to Freddy, but it wouldn't scale to Jason since Freddy is very stupid with his powers in-character. Previous threads dismissed scaling to him for that reason. He varies to heavily. He's like Hyperion or Gladiator in that regard
> Also, the heck you bringing up wood for?

Because wood falling down at collapsing speed wouldn't generate more than wall levels of force

• Freddy hates everyone but still messes around a lot. It's super in character for him to drag out an encounter or let his oppoent live. If Freddy did tactical applications of his power he'd just make everyone rabbits or just spam the area with large undodgable AoE attacks while flying. In the same series where he took a tank shot Ash was damaging him with a gun and physical hits
  • It's either an outlier or only his armor is that strong. Nothing supports ZJ being able to injure him. Captain America has physically beaten the Hulk into submission but he isn't 4-B
> (And again, even with you're theory, he still stabbed through his damn breastplate).

He didn't. The side of Uber-Jason is exposed. He stabbed him there and exited under the armor

> UJ isn't trillions of times stronger than Jason though, is he?

Its enough to suggest that he's durable enough to no sell ZJ, which he did every time the blade struck his armor.

Back