• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Bourne vs Evelyn Salt

Bourne is assigned on a mission in which he must track down and assassinate Salt. The first fight takes place in a hotel, hand-to-hand, winner by incapacitation. The second takes place at the White House, a battle of tactile skill, winner by death, and each have two days of preparation. Who will win?
7976 render BourneUltimatum
Jason Bourne

D4888
Evelyn Salt

First Fight:

JB: 3

ES:1

Second Fight:

JB: 2

ES: 1

Evelyn takes both. Hand to hand, even if guns aren't in the equation, she has her knives. She's very skilled at fighting other assassins, and has the ability to target weak sections of the body to incap the opposition that Jason really doesn't possess.

And with shooty bangers, Evey has slightly better tactical skills, a wider range of weapons to draw upon, and the spider poison will incap Jason with only a scratch

Salty girl takes this handily

Based on what I've seen from both series, Bourne would likely be able to overpower Salt in a strictly hand-to-hand fight, especially if we're taking his durability into consideration.

However, when it comes to tactile skill, Salt stomps, as she's a much more calculated and resourceful fighter, and would likely be able to devise a full-proof plan to take down Bourne within the prep time given.

Jason Bourne takes the first round likely after a drawn out multi-minute fight. I've seen all of the Bourne films & Salt. And I'm pretty sure he takes the hand to hand combat almost every time with some heavy effort. Salt's fight with Ted Winter (Liev Schreiber's character) helps me think he will overpower & out maneuver her at close range.

However the second "tactical" round is where things get really interesting. Surprisingly enough Bourne hardly ever is shown really prepping the ground or utilizing "prep time". He'd probably use most of it placing guns around the white house or something like that. But Salt on the other hand made up for her ("Don't Shoot Me!") feminine physicality & the fact that she couldn't physically manhandle her opponents as her advantage. Mostly everyone in the film underestimated her & especially her intellect. Salt was two step from being freaking "MacGyver". All the way from planning the Russian president assassination, to making the portable grenade launcher with cleaning supplies.

She'll most likely do the same as Bourne her but she'd place unconventional things that he might not see or will overlook at first (unknowingly underestimating her). But it's not a guarantee though & Bourne's ability to adapt, improvisation, shrug off inhuman amounts of pain, etc. can help him work around all of that.

So with everything I'm thinking Bourne takes this in the first round & just barely squeaks by with the second round. Jason Bourne for the win but I'm not sure if he'll be up for another movie after this one.

Granted Bourne is very good at combat improvisation, I feel that Salt still ultimately has the upper hand, seeing as she'd likely keep useful materials around in case her original plan doesn't work, or simply come up with another plan on the spot (seeing as she's done this numerous times throughout Salt).

Back