• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

James Bond vs The Combine (Overwatch Only)

Note: This is not a discussion of if James Bond could defeat the Entire Empire or even the entire Overwatch (the earth branch of the Combine). This is about the individual Battles.

Rules: Battles are to the death, fights take place in a city that gives no team a homefield advantage.

Round 1: James Bond with gadgets vs Civil Protection Squad (of 7 members)

Round 2: James Bond with gadgets vs Civil Protection Squad {of 7 members and 7 manhacks)

Round 3: James Bond with gadgets and vehicles vs APC and Hunter Chopper

Round 4: James Bond with gadgets and vehicles vs Combine Soldiers (4 standard and 3 shotgunners) and an APC

Round 5: James Bond with gadgets vs an Advisor

Round 6: James Bond with gadgets vs Strider

Round 7: James Bond with gadgets and vehicles vs Strider and Combine Gun Ship

Round 8: James Bond with gadgets vs Hunter pack (5 hunters)

Round 9: James Bond with gadgets vs Combine Elite Soldier

Round 10: James Bond with gagdets, vehicles and prep time of one week vs Combine Outpost (4 Combine Elites, 11 Combine soldiers, 5 Shotgunners, a Combine Autogun, 2 Striders, 4 Hunters, 2 Gunships, 1 APC, 14 Manhacks, 1 Combine Autogun, 1 Hunter Chopper )

The Winner of this matchup is simply which side wins the majority of the time. if it is a 5-5 split then it will be ruled an inconclusive match. When discussing each round in your reply please label which round you refer to so we can keep it neat.

James Bond: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/James_Bond

The Combine: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Combine

A James Bond match I didn't make? NANI???

Anyway, I don't know enough about the other opponent. So I'll hold my tongue till after I've done some poking around

Very well. Check out the Half Life wiki and of course The Combine profile on this wiki. But the Half Life wiki is the best source

Ok, so what I've found I think this

Bond wins Rounds 1 and 2 pretty easily. Don't really need to explain much here he far outclasses the soldiers and his gadgets are tactics are far superior

Bond also wins against the combine soldiers with some difficulty and the elite soldiers with a huge amount of difficulty. The problem is, Bomd has fought and beaten someone on his level before in Alec Trevaylan. While the elite soldiers in terms of skill are certainly more than capable of matching bond for a while, Bond knows how to beat those who cna keep up with him. Plus his gadgets are incredible there is no way the elites are seeing them coming. Bond is also more versatile.

So bond should win rounds 1,2,3, 4,8, 9,

He should win the ones including choppers because the Vanquish completely outclasses them. Invincibility, auto-turrets, R jets should take care of them

Now Bond loses the other 4 rounds. 10 mostly because of the overwhelming numbers he just couldn't do it alone. He loses against strider because it's just simply too strong and too large for Bind to handle. Advisors can probably beat him with telekinesis. Bond should give them a good run for their money, and could win but it's more likely that telekinesis just gets the best of him.

So all in all, I see Bond winning 6/10 times here

My apologies for the late response.

Ill agree with you with nearly everything save for Rounds 8 and 9, for I think thats where the real contention lies. Obviously I know less about Bond than you so do correct me if I am mistaken. But with Hunters as I am sure you have read about the Hunters on the half life wiki. Those things take a lot of fire power to go down, though I do not doubt that Bond has firepower I think the fletchlettes (i butchered that word) which essentially count for one shot kills if they explode and have hit Bond even once. Essentially I favor the pack hunting tactics of the Hunters and the one shot kill shots if their thier projectiles explode while attacthed to Bond. At the very best scenario for Bond he might kill all 5 hunters but then be disintergrated when the projectiles explode, making it a tie.

As for round 9 this one is tricky for me because while Bond has fought similar skilled enemies, he has no prep time against the Elite Soldiers so he would not know of the soldiers secondary fire dark energy ball. Which is a durability negate attack against organic beings. the soldier does have better armor so it really comes down to the secondary Fire.

Nah man that's ok

If it was film Bond I agree

But since the profile is composite, I slightly disagree. I don't see the elite soldiers tanking attacks from the samurai, a speed of light based laser attack to the face, considering it obliterates people with armour on in the game. Not to mention his rocket launcher which can easily destroy war ships.

If it was film bond then I agree with you absolutely but game Bond should give him the edge

I think it's whoever one shots with the hunters. So ithink incon for that round. He either gets disintegrated or blasts them with the samurai

So Bond 5, Combine 4, incon 1 IMO

Back