• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

James Bond Upgrade

Yes, they should be stronger than he is.

No, because the profile is a composite. Why would movie characters scale to comic feats?

Zark2099 said:
No, because the profile is a composite. Why would movie characters scale to comic feats?
I mean if the comics are part of the same canon as the movies they would be viewed as supplementary material.

No, because Movies themselves are split between 3 parts, the Craig films and Brosnan films are labelled reboots, and the games and comics tend to have separate continuities as well.

I'm working on getting separate profiles of these versions, as such I've discussed the matter with Arsenal and made a CRT. The character is reaching public domain, with 70 years worth of history, and massive jumps in scaling depending on the era. Do you think it will really be that wise to composite such an old and extensively used character to this extent?

Zark makes a good point about that a composite version seems to have been a bad idea.

I'm not suggesting we let 007 remain a composite character but I'm not arguing the opposite either, that wasn't my point.

The totality of my point is; if it is considered part of the canon of any of the 007 movies then it becomes supplementary material for that movie.

To elaborate, if all 3 parts of the movies are different canons then by all means they should be separate, but if the comics are explicitly part of the canon of any of the parts then the feats within the comics should then scale to whatever era/part the comics are relevant towards only.

But if the comics are a separate canon altogether, then they should scale to themselves.

The comics and games have separate continuities from what I recall. They're tertiary canon anyhow, and shouldn't be used to derive abilities and statistics.

Jaws durability feat was surviving a cable cart station collapsing onto him after he crashed, was dazed from that but he didn't get knocked unconscious.

Back