• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jak Revisions

We still have isdues with rating characters only via shear size; but yeah, right now I don't remember the size of the precursor robot. Furthermore, not sure why is normal Jak being scaled to that feat, he one shotted while being empowered by light eco, that is still stronger than any version of him (not counting light Jak, not sure about dark Jak).

The head was big enough to hold to person inside of it, but the robot doesn't seems to exceed the 50 m of height (eyeballing), so don't think it exceed the City Block level by shear size. Furthermore, he do not scale to any of those robots in base or most of its weapons, he defeated them indirectly attacking weak spots or using strategies.

The only notable feat is the explosion at the end of Jak III and its seems more like a rule of cool moment considering that Daxter is unharmed too, and that he is weaker than other weaker robots (from the first game and the one of III), and that he was going to die when Errol's HQ was collapsing.

Our Jak article is a massive mess. Everything comes from assumptions, not feats or even reasonable assumptions.

Like Antoniofer said, he didn't even really fight the robot, so why he's scaled is beyond me. Furthermore, Jak beats almost all the bad guys by exploiting a major weakness, hitting a weak spot, or using the environment around him. Like, I'm pretty sure we scale him to a robot he beat by dropping carts on. Makes no sense.

That said, I think Jak survives some really small explosions somewhere during the Misty Island level. Memory might be faulty though.

I don't recall any notable feat in that section a difference from cannons and mines, I doubt that any of that exceed Room level. That's it, I haven't played this (or any Jak game) in ages.

Perhaps, messaging all the members that known about the verse would be better in order to determinate a more accurate tier; I recall Leopold being the one who gave the page those stats. Can't do much right now, I'm in internship.

Jack profile needs to be downgraded, Jack phisically ranges from 9-C [stomped the baron trained soldiers and various monsters/metal heads] to 9-B, possibly 9-A [Assuming he can harm those that can damage him, he can take mini-explosions or missiles from the baron. Through that can possibly be game mechanic]. He is 9-A with eco's [with yellow eco for example, he defeated a being of this size in Jack 1], and at least 9-A or much higher with transformations. Lastly i do not think that laser is High Hypersonic.

9-B seems fine for now, since he can destroy metal crates and one shot Lurkers.

High Hypersonic seems to come out of nowhere. Unfortunately I have no idea how to calc futuristic space "laser" guns since there's no real life equivalent.

I think that we treat lasers from laser guns to be as fast as bullets (depending of the type of gun).

Dark Jak can destroy a giant wall of... flesh-like concrete (?) with one of his powers, his normal stat in that transformation shouldn't be that below the AP of said attack, calculating it would be needed. And we still need to known how to rate Light Jak from destroying the Precursor Robot, obviously is not MCB, but it should be around Building and City Block.

Building+ is a thing, but we need to calc it before we rate it like that. Do you have a video of it?

Both are a thing, the range that I gave is just eye-balling, is kinda difficult cuz: eco metal has unknown properties (guess we are using steel/iron), robot could be hollow and we would need a size.

Darkanine said:
Building+ is a thing, but we need to calc it before we rate it like that. Do you have a video of it?
I would be free in a couple of minutes, but searching for Jak & Daxter in gaming youtube you could find the bosses, the robot is the last of them (3rd).

So, any idea of how to calculate the size of the robot? I can't use the conventional method cuz its kinda amorphous.

Back