• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jacob Frye vs The Smith Syndicate - Across The Pond

Well after speaking with Shmooply I thought this might be a fun idea, plus I wanted to do a match for Jacob (Yes I know Ezio is beloved but as a fellow Brit I salute the funny top hat man) if nothing else its assassins.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Smith first key is being used at 9-A, tier 8 is restricted
  • Fight takes place in the streets of London
  • Both start 10 meters apart.
  • SBA Otherwise
Funny London Man: 0

May the devil have mercy: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Yo lol, thought this was a thematic match. A British assassin fights a cadre of multinational assassins there, btw what's the Smiths AP?

825332237.576 Joules / 0.1973 Tons of TNT, 3301328950.3 Joules / 0.7890365 Tons of TNT for the 8-C attacks idk if you're restricting those

Yeah I'll need to restrict that I think, the Smiths have like 8 tries after all should be enough for it to be viable.

Jacob iirc has a bit of a scaling chain. It should be Jacob/Evie = Shroud of Eden Starrck = Isu >>> Connor > 0.2499 tons. He can one shot people comparable to him with his hidden blades iirc. For in character he wouldn't lead with stealth attempts though as that's more Evie's gameplan

I'd agree with restricting them, especially since MASK's 8-C attack is homing. Idk if stealth will work cause smiths have precog

Tbf Jacob likely wouldn't open with being sneaky, he even says that's Evie's thing. He has used it a few times but that was in major assassinations such as the head of the London bank and Maxwell Roth hosting a play. That said though AC protags are cracked at sneaking about.

Jacob does have precog too, I'll try and search for it more but he should scale to people like Kassandra and Ezio

Honestly it's been a while since I last played Syndicate. What does The Smith open with?

Hmmmmm, could be tricky then, given the skill level of The Smith Syndicate.

Well I'll outline a few points from what I see and will try and come up with more later

Jacob
  • Quite a sizeable AP edge, being >>>> 0.2499 tons to Smith's 0.1973 (How casual was this?) and can one shot people comparable to him with his hidden blades and possibly other equipment.
  • Higher LS which will favour him in landing stabs.
  • Grappling hook will allow him to navigate the battlefield better.
Smiths
  • Have like 8 lives more or less, with various flavours of projectiles and approaches to fights.
  • Better skill, being able to fight a small army.
  • Have spirits that can tell them advice on how to proceed.

Bump

Idk if it helps the skill debate but Jacob should be comparable to, if not better that Connor who was able to navigate an entire battlefield and evade volleys of gunfire iirc

Bump

Idk if it helps the skill debate but Jacob should be comparable to, if not better that Connor who was able to navigate an entire battlefield and evade volleys of gunfire iirc
Modern militaries have like, centuries worth of a headstart against that so...

On the topic of skill I'm just gonna copy/paste my argument for the smiths, keep in mind that NMH1 < NMH2 < TSA < Killer7 and that TSA people upscale from Shiroyabu.

Yeah that's prolly a wee bit too much for the Assassin dudes to handle TBF.

Yeah my guess is that the Smiths probably take this mid difficulty. It's mostly the skill and multiple tries that cinch it for them, in fairness to Jacob he has a far higher AP scaling and can one shot with certain weapons and has similar abilities to them.

Plus he wouldn't be unfamiliar with the weapons the smiths have, can count on one hand the ac protags who don't use throwing knives as an example.

Bump, as the OP can vote on their own threads I've decided to chalk my vote in for the Smiths as I've stated above. Its not out the realm of possibility that Jacob can pull smth out though in fairness

Back