• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack (Samurai Jack) vs. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid.)

Who would win?

Round 1: Pre-TV Series (in training) Jack vs. Metal Gear Solid 2 Raiden

Round 2: First Season Jack vs. Metal Gear Solid 4 Raiden

Round 3: End of Original Series Jack vs. Metal Gear Rising Raiden

Round 4: Max potential Jack vs Raiden, Speed Equalized (only if tie, or massive stomp for Jack or Raiden)

Raiden fix sm
Cyborg Ninja

Samuraijack

Let's just skip to Round 4, since Jack is Relativistic+ and would blitz Raiden, who at best, is Sub-Relativistic. I would give it to Raiden for Round 4 because he has higher AP and DP. However I don't know if Raiden classifies as an 'evil' being and would warrent for Jack's 6-B rating, or if Raiden's blade can cut Jack's with it's molecule parting abilities.

I think killing people,no matter good/bad,unless they are demons,evil beings etc will put you on the bad side of the karmic scale.So if Raiden has killed human beings before,he qualifies for the 6b jack,except that,Jack's sword won't work on anyone who's not evil,it won't even scratch them.So jack's only option would be to disarm raiden with his superior speed and kill him with his own sword. As for votes,reserved for after a few arguments.

KazarianFahs said:
I think killing people,no matter good/bad,unless they are demons,evil beings etc will put you on the bad side of the karmic scale.So if Raiden has killed human beings before,he qualifies for the 6b jack,except that,Jack's sword won't work on anyone who's not evil,it won't even scratch them.So jack's only option would be to disarm raiden with his superior speed and kill him with his own sword. As for votes,reserved for after a few arguments.
Well, i mean, Raiden is also mostly robotics, and is really on human from the spine/jaw up. And the sword doesnt seem to have any problems killing good robots/cyborgs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMxq98egMk

Raiden's a killer so the sword will definetly mess him up. Jack is also faster. Vote goes to Samurai Jack.

What about Raiden's sword? It literally parts the molecules of the object it cuts. Could it cut Jack's blade?

Something I'd like to bring up: Would Jack's Sword consider Raiden evil? Y'know due to all the murdering he has done and Jack the Ripper mode. I'd say if Raiden were to give in into his Jack the Ripper state, Jack's Sword should respond to that as a possible evil entity and thus his Country level AP might apply. Keep in mind that Jack is also faster and more durable than Raiden.

Round 1: Might go either way, leaning towards Jack though.

Round 2: No different from any other season Jack I believe; Jack takes it due to superior speed and durability.

Round 3: Well End of Series Jack doesn't exist, what with the reboot coming on. But if you mean by end of Season 4 Jack (which is where the original series left off), Jack takes it again for reasons listed in Round 2.

Round 4: Jack takes it for reasons stated previously.

All around Jack should take it.

Sir Ovens said:
What about Raiden's sword? It literally parts the molecules of the object it cuts. Could it cut Jack's blade?
Seeing how the sword is literally forged from Gods and stated to be pretty indestructible to anything that isn't entirely good, or also enhanced by Magic... i don't think it can.

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Jack's_sword

The Sword is pretty sharp as well, being able to cut through City destroying robots with a couple of swipes, and slice through the strongest metal in the Samurai Jack-verse, Adamantium, once it had extra horse power.

I would think Jack would prevail.

Leagues faster, slightly more durable, a better fighter, and the sword will be highly effective towards Raiden due to his killing nature and Jack the Ripper. Plus that whole sword can only harm evil is false. It can harm good guys too, just not when it's in the hands of evil

Well, this seems a lot more favored towards Jack then i thought. Guess it seem like a pretty agreed win for him... unless someone else has something to add to the conversation.

Did you just say Adamantium? So it's explicitly named that? Not just under any other name? Apparently, adamantium exists outside of Wolverine's reality.

Dekoshu said:
Did you just say Adamantium? So it's explicitly named that? Not just under any other name? Apparently, adamantium exists outside of Wolverine's reality.
Yeah, in the context of Samurai Jack, he was able in fact to pierce Adamantium with his sword, once he had a mechanical arm strong enough to pierce it, and after that, divine intervention that allowed him to slice it to butter.

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra-Robots

Now its impossible to say whether or not this is as strong as Marvel Adamantium, but its still so strong that Jack, a guy who cuts down building cized robots with ease, was not even able to scratch it without limb enhancers, shows its got some kick. That and composite in my case means he has access to all his abilities, even the divine strike at the end.

Pretty Much. I thought i would be more balanced if i split it up into different eras of their power, but i guess Jack is too hax.

Back