• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Its your big break in TV. Welcome to rework time bitch!" (Freddy Krueger)

I don't see the need for taking away all the FvJvA stuff from Jason and Freddy's pages, those stories work within the canons of F13 and ANoES, moreso F13 (due to Jason X pretty much happening right after Nightmare Warriors and Jason's appearance matching FvJvA NW Jason's more, which seems intentional) but still.

With Ash it's a bit more of a mess but that's moreso because Evil Dead as a series has always been a bit of a mess continuity-wise with all the splitting timelines and alternate realities (moreso than Halloween I dare say).

I still see Universe level in that revised page, and btw... why is one of the quotes "The Rope Girls"? Just add it as a regular quote and specify it's the nursery rhyme... which honestly should be the first quote because that's the most iconic written thing about Freddy other than his quippy insults.

When is it stated to be an alternate universe?
The Evil Dead wiki explains that it's apart of the 818793 alternate universe, which is separate from the films of all franchises.

The Friday the 13th wiki says it's non-canon (this is elaborated on Lori Campbell's and Will Robin's page, "However, the comics exist in a different canon, so Lori is presumably still alive in the film series.")

The Nightmare on Elm Street wiki says it's non-canon (again said on Lori's wiki page "This comic is considered non canon by many of the A Nightmare On Elm Street Fandom Community and therefore Lori isn't considered officially deceased on this wiki.")

I can't find any official sources yet, but every other fandom wiki seems to agree on it being apart of a separate canon, specifically the 818793 Evil Dead canon. They're either all wrong or they got the idea from somewhere, and I'm inclined to go with the latter option

It's much safer and probably more accurate to treat it as a different continuity. "Non-canon until proven canon" is usually how the wiki operates, and that's the best call here. "Canon until proven non-canon" feels a bit weird to implement

I'm going to make a separate CRT about this when I can, since this effects the overall canon of two whole series and not just Freddy's profile :v

EDIT: this was in size 18 for some reason

I can't find any official sources yet, but every other fandom wiki seems to agree on it being apart of a separate canon, specifically the 818793 Evil Dead canon. They're either all wrong or they got the idea from somewhere, and I'm inclined to go with the latter option
Ultimately speaking unless there's direct canon issues those are unofficial canon policies. Halloween is split because it's hard canon that there's different universes.

Just like how you can't use our wiki as an official source you can't use a fan wiki as an official source. You need to prove that it doesn't work canonically like with some of the books or have a statement that they're not canon. I'm not saying any of them are wrong, but they're not official sources.

To use an example, the F13 wiki considers the Jason X novels non-canon when we find them to be canon. Considering they're licensed material that furthers the plot I struggle to see why we should dismiss it because it's not a movie.

"Canon until proven non-canon" feels a bit weird to implement
All the profiles on this wiki work off that method to my knowledge. If it's from an official source you have to prove why it can't be used, not the other way around.

All the profiles on this wiki work off that method to my knowledge.
Poppy Playtime, Earthbound, League of Legends, Five Nights At Freddy's, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and Marvel have all encountered an issue with media that has been deemed "dubiously non-canon", and more often than not, it hasn't been used on profiles. Maybe this isn't how things normally go, but I've seen it happen quite a bit

I have found a few other things though, I'll make another thread when I have the time

Poppy Playtime, Earthbound, League of Legends, Five Nights At Freddy's, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and Marvel have all encountered an issue with media that has been deemed "dubiously non-canon", and more often than not, it hasn't been used on profiles.
All those ones also have examples of why those cross overs or secondary canon works don't fit with the prime narrative. Either due to WoG or plot issues. But they aren't dismissed at default, they're dismissed because they have provable issues.

You'd have to do the same for FvJvA.

All those ones also have examples of why those cross overs or secondary canon works don't fit with the prime narrative. Either due to WoG or plot issues. But they aren't dismissed at default, they're dismissed because they have provable issues.

You'd have to do the same for FvJvA.
Can I apply this now?

Would just be part of his telepathy / Fear Manipulation. It can't be information analysis or he would've known Jason's fear from the jump.

Would just be part of his telepathy / Fear Manipulation.
His telepathy needs him to physically cut his victims head to see inside
It can't be information analysis or he would've known Jason's fear from the jump.
I mean he couldnt know Jasons fear because he had none, Freddy specifically had to turn him into a baby and go inside his head to understand his true fear of drowning

I mean he couldnt know Jasons fear because he had none,
Jason had fear, it was of the day he drowned. It's why as soon as Freddy found it he was able to recreate the exact situation as Jason's drowning.

Jason had fear, it was of the day he drowned. It's why as soon as Freddy found it he was able to recreate the exact situation as Jason's drowning.
Not exactly Jason didnt have full “fear” the water just reminded him the last time he felt fear. Freddy realized this and took Jason to the last time he felt fear

I see most things have already be handled, however I want to point out a few things that bug me in the P&A.

• What are the justifications for martial arts and weapon mastery? I think they come from Freddy vs Jason, which admittedly I don't recall quite well, but he still needs example of using his body and claws with actual proficience, rather than through brawling.
  • Some links are static images that don't showcase the ability quite well. Some works, but I believe this one should be modified for better clarity: can possess his own remains.
  • Same goes for some videos that don't have audio. I understand it's difficult to get such footage, and it often gets fragged for copyright, but it would be amazing if you could get clips with audio of: Freddy can create jump rope girls, Talked to Nancy from within her head making her hear his voice from all over the place, Freddy is basically everywhere in the dream world and can occupity several locations at the same time (just to show he was behind the first door)
  • Some images im ge whatever website straight up don't work, such as the majority of the necronomicon scans or this:he can also make hundreds of small Freddies out of the blood . Idk if it's just me, but they don't show up even after several reloads, even though others do.
  • Does him surviving the absorption count as Regeneration? Was it stated that being absorbed was meant to destroy him, rather than contain/incapacitate him? And even then, wouldn't it be more resistance to absorption, since he could get free?
  • Him being kept alive by the fear and the dream demons resurrecting him could use some evidence, just for clarity, it's not like I don't believe it.
  • The link to acid blood doesn't show it being acid, just green.
  • The bit about him resurrecting Amanda could use more elaboration, seems it sounds as something convoluted that can't be brushed away quickly.
  • I don't see him having Corruption, the scans show only Possession
  • Dimensional Manipulation and Empowerment could use scans
  • I'd cram his electricity manipulation withint technology manip, not a big deal, just saving space.
  • I believe the second scan from Existence Erasure doesn't have reference to the specific comic.
  • We do have a page for Multilocation, so he could have that.
  • His resistance to Holy and everything else could need more elaboration. Did he really resist it? The video only shows the wheelchair being destroyed, not him. What does make the bolt holy?

What are the justifications for martial arts and weapon mastery? I think they come from Freddy vs Jason, which admittedly I don't recall quite well, but he still needs example of using his body and claws with actual proficience, rather than through brawling.
I imagine it's because of this.

• Some links are static images that don't showcase the ability quite well. Some works, but I believe this one should be modified for better clarity: can possess his own remains.
I mean its a pretty simple thing, I showed a picture of freddy while he is possess his own remains
I have no idea how to add audio to them. Sorry.
It works for me
  • Does him surviving the absorption count as Regeneration? Was it stated that being absorbed was meant to destroy him, rather than contain/incapacitate him? And even then, wouldn't it be more resistance to absorption, since he could get free?
Not really, he was simply absorbed body mind and soul, but Freddy was still able to come back. I didnt watch that movie @Sergeant_Hypocrite did so I dont know much about it
  • The link to acid blood doesn't show it being acid, just green.
Which is acid as shown in some other scenes that I didnt put because its reduntant
  • I don't see him having Corruption, the scans show only Possession
I mean I didnt know how much difference these both had and both of them can work for the scenes
  • I'd cram his electricity manipulation withint technology manip, not a big deal, just saving space.
You may do it if you want
  • I believe the second scan from Existence Erasure doesn't have reference to the specific comic.
I dont know which comic it is @Sergeant_Hypocrite just gave me the scan
  • His resistance to Holy and everything else could need more elaboration. Did he really resist it? The video only shows the wheelchair being destroyed, not him. What does make the bolt holy?
In the scene the Dream Master makes a spell that was about sending demons away with holy power or smth like iirc that which is why those resistances exist

Edit: SHIT THE GIF IS MESSED UP AND DOESNT SHOW FREDDY RESISTING IT

I mean its a pretty simple thing, I showed a picture of freddy while he is possess his own remains
I meant more something like a clip of him possessing the remains, because right now it's just a charred skeleton and proves little.

I have no idea how to add audio to them. Sorry.
If you or someone else could replace the clips, maybe uploading them somewhere else, it would be great, otherwise it can stay as it is.

It works for me.
Now for me too, I don't know what was the problem yesterday.

Not really, he was simply absorbed body mind and soul, but Freddy was still able to come back. I didnt watch that movie @Sergeant_Hypocrite did so I dont know much about it.
I believe it should be looked more into it, because it could lead to a downgrade if his essence had just been absorbed (and so sealed) instead of destroyed.

Which is acid as shown in some other scenes that I didnt put because its reduntant
It's not, because as of now he could simply have green blood.

I mean I didnt know how much difference these both had and both of them can work for the scenes.
Corruption is like infecting the victim with something and turning them into something else, or affecting their morality, mind etc.., right now those show only Possession.

You may do it if you want
Gotcha

In the scene the Dream Master makes a spell that was about sending demons away with holy power or smth like iirc that which is why those resistances exist
Edit: SHIT THE GIF IS MESSED UP AND DOESNT SHOW FREDDY RESISTING IT
Thank you, now it's better.
Still, I have a gripe with it being considered "Holy", because he calls upon a prince of elves or whatever, which could be nerdy banter for show rather than the elf transmitting his properties to the bolt (and the elf being "holy" in the first place".

I meant more something like a clip of him possessing the remains, because right now it's just a charred skeleton and proves little.

This works?
I think the site had a error yesterday night
I believe it should be looked more into it, because it could lead to a downgrade if his essence had just been absorbed (and so sealed) instead of destroyed.

Man I dont wanna watch the movie all over again to find that scene where he shows his insides are acidic and not normal
Corruption is like infecting the victim with something and turning them into something else, or affecting their morality, mind etc.., right now those show only Possession.
Can we remove Corruption then?
Still, I have a gripe with it being considered "Holy", because he calls upon a prince of elves or whatever, which could be nerdy banter for show rather than the elf transmitting his properties to the bolt (and the elf being "holy" in the first place".
Idk it made sense to me while I adding it loll

If you or someone else could replace the clips, maybe uploading them somewhere else, it would be great, otherwise it can stay as it is.

Gotcha

Thank you, now it's better.
Has this crt already been added? So does it already have to be closed or is something missing?

Guess the revision isn't done just yet, then
It is kinda done I just remembered this, can you ping some people that already participated here?
Nothing iirc, the profile is updated and everything is done. Though I do have this scan that might give Freddy AE 2 so

Freddy is very implied to be connected to the concept of hate

Freddy would also have Immortality 9 in his Real World because he comes back in the dream world or Immo 8 Idk

MQNXhLv.png

Freddy's not really connected to hate as much as the Dream Demons empower him and keep him around. It would still be Type 8 though.
So a supporting evidence for Type 8 and makes the Type 8 stronger?

What do you think about Real World having Immo 9 because of Dream World

Doesn't seem enough for AE to me, also because it could be a reference to him being borne out of his grudge, or something else related to hate that doens't necessarily mean you have to nuke the concept of hate to kill him.

Why, when I click on the link, a FNAF blog appears?
The op should have linked the revision history of the blog (the specific last edit about Freddy), not the page itself, which I supposed has been modified after.

Back