• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It will happen eventually, so why not just do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immaculate One survives two TWSITD missiles in GD/Church. Edelgard and Byleth are able to kill Immaculate One in a single strike. TWSITD missiles are shown to wipe cities off the map.

Going purely by cutscenes and scaling, Edelgard should take this in a stomp. All Dimitri has is dialogue feats.

I believe those "missiles" were called Javelins of Light?

Dddd222 said:
Immaculate One survives two TWSITD missiles in GD/Church. Edelgard and Byleth are able to kill Immaculate One in a single strike. TWSITD missiles are shown to wipe cities off the map.
Going purely by cutscenes and scaling, Edelgard should take this in a stomp. All Dimitri has is dialogue feats.
Hegemon Edelgard is much stronger than normal Edelgard. During her defeat cutscene, we clearly see that only Byleth and Dimitri are in front of her. Therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that one or the other landed the final blow on her. While the rest of the Blue Lions clearly helped, I think it's safe to say that Dimitri could have also beaten the Immaculate one with Byleth's help.

The Immaculate one was already heavily injured during the fights. One when she assisted Dimitri, and the fight prior to the cutscene. The only thing Edelgard and Byleth did during the cutscene was deal the finishing blow. This is like saying Byleth one shot Nemesis.

Immaculate One didn't appear weakened in Crimson Flower, Serios fought and assisted Dimitri, but her transformation replenishes her stamina. Plus she was just as berserk in that period as she was in Silver Snow.

I'll restate my arguments in favor of Dimitri. Dimitri has much more statements of strength than Edelgard, he is much more skilled than her since he's been fighting nonstop for five years, and was arguably superior in skill even before then. Additionally, his feats are much easier to understand and less ambiguous than hers. Edelgard is never described as being strong enough to break multiple weapons as a child, for example. The Counterattack skill ensures Dimitri can't be outranged, and if he uses Atrocity then it'll definitely be enough to deal a major blow if not outright kill Edelgard since it does 3x damage to all units, and if his Crest activates then it'll be boosted by 2x on top of that. Dimitri also has multiple abilities that boost his evasiveness.

Edelgard prefers to use Aymr rather than the Sword of Seiros, so she won't get any healing even if she lands a blow unless her Crest of Flames happens to activate. She will probably not use magic unless she's forced to, since she much prefers melee combat. Even if she did use Luna, its max range is two tiles, which is only tens of meters, and we don't even know how much damage it will do since she never learns or uses it in the story outside of player influence. They cannot immobilize each other due to the Commander skill they both have, and Edelgard cannot teleport by herself from what we can tell. Also, I'll remind everyone that we do not even know what Edelgard's twin Crests do. We know they're supposed to be impressive, but for the most part we have no idea why. The effects of Dimitri's Crest are much clearer.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I felt that some of these arguments hadn't been brought up in a while.

I saw that arguement before about Dimitri being more skill over Edelgard due to fighting with Imperial Soliders non-stop over the year but how does that exactly translate to skill again? That sound more of a endurance feat than a skill feat.

And I don't know the evidence that arguably prove he was superior to the princess in skills back in the pre-Timeskip but that is moot to this thread since this is the Post-Timeskip versions

And is isn't Atrocity kind of stop due to fact that Edelgard has Armored Effect Null?

Also Grace has happened a while ago with my vote, though with the new recent vote for Dimitri, this might be an Inconclusive for the both.

Atrocity is effective against all units, so it always gets the 3x boost. Therefore, Edelgard's Armored Effect Null is useless. Dimitri's been fighting for five years, while Edelgard's been busy running her country and directing the war effort. Dimitri clearly had far more time to train than her, and has been training since he was a young child. I don't remember when Edelgard started her martial training, but I don't think it was that far back.

> Atrocity is effective against all units, so Edelgard's Armored Effect Null is useless.

Still think that Armored Effect Null will do its job and protect her from extra damage from Atrocity since Edelgard is an armored unit

> Dimitri's been fighting for five years, while Edelgard's been busy running her country and directing the war effort. Dimitri clearly had far more time to train than her.

I see… still not seeing where the conclusion that prove that Dimitri has a distinct advantage in skill against Edelgard. Edelgard has also been fighting in the same war for five years as she direct war efforts toward defeating the Kingdom and the Alliance. She doesn't sit in her castle all day, every day.

She is very unlikely to have fought as much as Dimitri during the timeskip though. He was killing imperial soldiers all day everyday for 5 years. This is all while Edelgard was giving out commands, and wasn't always directly in combat. As mentioned previously, Dimitri has also been fighting since he was a kid, likely giving him the experience and skill advantage, since he has more experience in direct combat.

How do we assume that Dimitri fought 'all day every day' as you say?

You honestly expecting me to believe that he was given no break or rest and was spending every minute of those five years slaughtering endless amount of Imperial Soliders. Because while Dimitri may be superhuman, he still need to rest and eat otherwise he would burn out and died from blood loss. After all, didn't he get overwhelmed and killed by charging at a group of Imperial soliders in the Verdent Wind (note, haven't play the Route, only going what I heard from some friends). The Empire doesn't have an endless supply of soliders for Dimitri to be attacking every minute of every day.

Edelgard has always been one to fight directly on the frontline when possible given the Crimson Flower Route.

So Dimitri has trained since he was a child (does it state how old he was or how serious he took it til the Tradegy of Duscur?) so I guess he have more experience in fighting though we don't know when Edelgard start training so I don't know how we can argue on this point… besides I'm use to seeing teenagers, sometimes even younger, being able to defeat beings with much longer years of experience fighting

Grace has already ended long ago and with the recent new votes for Dimitri, this match is deem as Inconclusive for both. I will add this match soon, going to be busy for a while.

Armored Effect Null only removes the armored classification, so it does not protect against Atrocity, which is strong against all units. It only protects against the extra damage from attacks that are specifically effective against armor. It is safe to conclude Dimitri is more skilled than Edelgard since he had far more time to train than her, and we have no other way to gauge how skilled they are. He didn't fight all day every day, but he devoted himself to killing as many Imperials as possible. He had way more free time than Edelgard, that's for sure.

Yeah, the match is inconclusive, but that's probably the best result for the sake of both sides. Anyway, might as well close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back