• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei Hyoudou vs Dante (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright the talk is done

Dante in Sparda DT or Majin Form can stomp the Juggernaut Overdrive Issei.

Dante is calm and cool enough to dissipate the Diabolos Bragon enough, peopleshould know that Dante really never relied too much on his Quicksilver. The Abigail feat also counts plus Mundus and Argosax is actually a lifewiper type of a Demon.

Lifewiping isn't a feat of destructive capacity anymore due to it's vagueness and reliance on context, @Danterocks. Just saying.

Danterocks said:
Alright the talk is done
Dante in Sparda DT or Majin Form can stomp the Juggernaut Overdrive Issei.

Dante is calm and cool enough to dissipate the Diabolos Bragon enough, peopleshould know that Dante really never relied too much on his Quicksilver. The Abigail feat also counts plus Mundus and Argosax is actually a lifewiper type of a Demon.
Okay fanboy...let's see if I can make sense of your ramblings.

First of all Mundus' light rays that he hurt Dante in Sparda form can easily be comparable to the light rays shot by Shalba Beelzebub...which did all of jack shit on Issei. Majin form can only be done when he's nearly dead so any misstep and he'd actually be dead before he can bring it out.

Calm enough to dissipate Diabolos Dragon? That makes no sense, DD is not dependent on anyone's mindset. You can't just make it go away by being calm. Quicksilver wouldn't work anyway as Issei can shake off the timestop of the Evil God Balor.

As for the other guys Dante's fought...great job...doesn't really make any sort of point.

The Everlasting said:
How can they "easily be comparable"?
Dante could still blitz anyway.

Okay...Shalba's light is a huge beam while Mundus' were large toothpicks. Shaba's were stronger.

Blitz? Both are the SAME SPEED!

Do you have proof Shaba's were stronger? It was extremely likely merely an artistic thing, unless you're going to argue Piccolo's BOZ ki blast is stronger than Vegeta's Final Explosion due to the resulting destruction.

What's Issei's mach number?

The Everlasting said:
Do you have proof Shaba's were stronger? It was extremely likely merely an artistic thing, unless you're going to argue Piccolo's BOZ ki blast is stronger than Vegeta's Final Explosion due to the resulting destruction.
What's Issei's mach number?

Do you have proof Mundus' were stronger? Other than art what else do we have to go on?

What's Dante's mach number? Both have lightning timing feats and are ranked Massively Hypersonic.

Since Dante is of a higher tier, they very likely are. You cannot say an attack is more powerful simply because it's bigger.

Dante easily dodged lightning and blitzed a person faster than it. Besides, there's always Devil Trigger, which can amplify his speed.

The Everlasting said:
Since Dante is of a higher tier, they very likely are. You cannot say an attack is more powerful simply because it's bigger.
Dante easily dodged lightning and blitzed a person faster than it. Besides, there's always Devil Trigger, which can amplify his speed.
So...no proof?

See...Dante's never faster than the Blitz demon in any form. If you played the games you'd know that you can't actually race the Blitz and win you can only react to its attacks. Issei blitzed a person who was fast enough to react to lightning by catching it with a magic that she had to concentrate on. Oh...and he gave her a warning that he was going to attack so he's so fast he can blitz a lightning timer while giving her a warning.

Do you have any proof of the contrary?

Then she would know the attack was coming, which is the same thing as us aim dodging with bullets. And Dante dodged lightning from Blitz and Griffon, and blitzed Despair Embodied, who is faste than both of them.

The Everlasting said:
Then she would know the attack was coming, which is the same thing as us aim dodging with bullets. And Dante dodged lightning from Blitz and Griffon, and blitzed Despair Embodied, who is faste than both of them.

I don't have to prove a negative. Logical fallacy.

No, read the LN, Issei was being chivalrous and gave her plenty of warning before moving to attack. You can't equate that to seeing aim which is a split second at best and not being given prior warning.

The blitz telegraphs his moves, play the game. Griffon does the same and mostly shoots out pillars made of lightning, not actual lightning shooting at him. The Despair doesn't actually have feats, the page just says almost as fast as DMC2 Dante.

It's a moot point since Dante is a higher tier than Issei, so they would have to do more damage to hurt him.

If you are told an attack is coming, then you have a better chance to dodge it. That's like someone telling me they're going to shoot me, I know that I need to move before he actually fires.

It's telegraphed so we (The player) know when to dodge it, it does not say if Dante sees it. Dante's page says Despair Embodied is faster than Blitz and Griffon.

The Everlasting said:
It's a moot point since Dante is a higher tier than Issei, so they would have to do more damage to hurt him.
If you are told an attack is coming, then you have a better chance to dodge it. That's like someone telling me they're going to shoot me, I know that I need to move before he actually fires.

It's telegraphed so we (The player) know when to dodge it, it does not say if Dante sees it. Dante's page says Despair Embodied is faster than Blitz and Griffon.
Only in DT...which runs out in less than 15 seconds.

So...it makes Issei speedblitzing a lightning timer less impressive how?

We already have both of them blitzing lightning timers. They're roughly equal in speed...this is assuming Issei doesn't get faster in Diabolos Dragon or Crimson Queen.

He'll only need less than half of that to take Issei out. And Issei is 7-A, possibly Low 6-B while Dante is 6-C in base, so base Dante is most likely > Issei.

Because it was practically the same thing as aim dodging.

It doesn't matter, he is still faster in Devil Trigger.

Lol...guess what? Fighting long range enemies suck in DMC. Good luck hitting someone that can bombard you from near orbit. Issei flies all the time, he's not going to give his enemy the advantage by landing. Issei's just far too manuverable for Dante to properly hit.

So how's that different from Dante? Also...Issei's the one that warned his enemy, not the other way around, he still blitzed her (lightning timer) either way.

No he's not.

The Everlasting said:
IT's like this:

-Issei warned the girl he could kill her if she didn't focus on blocking or dodging his attack.

-Issei appeared in front of the girl before she could even recognize he was there.

So even with warning Issei blitzed a lightning timer, by the way that was 10 vol ago.

The Everlasting said:
He'll only need less than half of that to take Issei out. And Issei is 7-A, possibly Low 6-B while Dante is 6-C in base, so base Dante is most likely > Issei.
Read this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Tiering

That's why we are debating, by feats and not by tier.

issei can win cause of his armor and biology but dante can win since his base power is higher this fight is like goku vs vegeta in the saiyan saga as issei is goku using kaioken while dante is vegeta using the great ape but if im wrong sorry

What about Dante's teleportation, Beowolf(Issei is weak to light), spatial manipulation(yamato), Regenerationn and Jackpot! ?

Issei and Dante are very similar physically, but i think Dante wins because he has more resourses

Dante would win this.

Dante's speed is quite tremendous being able to fight lightning timers like Modeus and Blitz and treat them both like fodder in base form alone. He even blitzed Argosax as well who is stronger than both Blitz and Modeus due to him fighting Dante at his strongest base wise.

The only person Dante truly had problems with is Mundus due to him creating a galaxy at the least with actual planets and stars present due to them fighting on one later in the fight. And Dante needed the Sparda sword to actually damage him.

Beowulf and Yamoto would be the weapons Dante should use for this fight due to there divine properties with Beowulf being light based and Yamato being able to divide darkness and ignore durability. It also has long range which hit the targets instantly sealing there doom 700 metres away.

I say that due to the reasons that stated from the very start(the first few comments, i mean) plus the more recent ones like what Judgment-Cut and Gabriel 00 said, i say Dante overall wins this.

...hmmm. Counted up the votes, unless I miscounted somehow it is currently Issei: 5, Dante: 14. Conclusive?

@Perpetual: Seeing that Dante's kind of winning by a landslide here(kind of an overstatement but i don't think it matters much), we should probably end this soon. I'm surprised this fight is even still going though.

Well, from what I can discern, the primary argument in Issei's favor is that Dante is not Country Level, which was not accepted if I recall correctly.

Never expected a fair argument here, most of the people here have never read DxD and the stats lowball Issei like no tomorrow, whatever, lock this down or just let it die.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Dante takes it due to his annoying habit of making fun of people and those hax that he has.

Right, because making fun at people will help you defeat them, like Dante making fun at Vergil then use his sword to stab him for example.

Gabriel 00 said:
What about Dante's teleportation, Beowolf(Issei is weak to light), spatial manipulation(yamato), Regenerationn and Jackpot! ?

Issei and Dante are very similar physically, but i think Dante wins because he has more resourses

Where's Dante's teleportation? Trickster? That's just just quick dashing move and helps nothing when your enemy has city-range AoE attack, otherwise Dante has literally no reason to fly out of the island with a plane because he can just teleport out of it. Beowulf did jackshit when your enemy has the armor can tank anything but dragon-slayer, well I'm not expecting you to read every comment anyway. Yamato is what high-tier in DxDverse can do casually, you know throwing stuffs that blow up dimension to form a hole in reality. Then again we never see Dante uses it in such a way, what he did was cutting the demon gate at long range, and that's it. By the way that sucks compares to a single Dragon Shot which turned a mountain to dust. Talk about resources yes Dante should have more, doesn't mean a thing when Issei can halve his strength or reflect it.

Judgment-Cut said:
Dante would win this.

Dante's speed is quite tremendous being able to fight lightning timers like Modeus and Blitz and treat them both like fodder in base form alone. He even blitzed Argosax as well who is stronger than both Blitz and Modeus due to him fighting Dante at his strongest base wise.

The only person Dante truly had problems with is Mundus due to him creating a galaxy at the least with actual planets and stars present due to them fighting on one later in the fight. And Dante needed the Sparda sword to actually damage him.

Beowulf and Yamoto would be the weapons Dante should use for this fight due to there divine properties with Beowulf being light based and Yamato being able to divide darkness and ignore durability. It also has long range which hit the targets instantly sealing there doom 700 metres away.
... He did not actually damage Blitz if you watch that cut-scene again. I can only laugh when you typed that Mundus created a galaxy, stars and planets? Really? Lightning and thunderclouds in space? Dante automatically returned after the battle ended? Those are the signs that all Mundus got is a fancy background, and that's it. He didn't throw planets to Dante's face like Charkavartin in Asura's Wrath, nor what represented on the small plane where they took the fight is impressive (telling you that Mundus is supposed to be a big strong dude), you know magma dragons and stuffs. What divine? Where did you get the idea that Yamato and Beowulf are divine? Or holy in the first place? Also Yamato ignoring durability, where is this? I recall that Dante had to stab Yamato really hard through Savior boss to get it inside so where is this "Ignoring Durability" ability?

Phantasys said:
Never expected a fair argument here, most of the people here have never read DxD and the stats lowball Issei like no tomorrow, whatever, lock this down or just let it die.
Yeah, agree on this. Popularity is like that, people don't actually look at the other combatants and pick the one they know/like more. Lock this OP, to show who wins this debate and the result on VSbattle wikia.

Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Dante takes it due to his annoying habit of making fun of people and those hax that he has.
Right, because making fun at people will help you defeat them, like Dante making fun at Vergil then use his sword to stab him for example.

Gabriel 00 said:

Where's Dante's teleportation? Trickster? That's just just quick dashing move and helps nothing when your enemy has city-range AoE attack, otherwise Dante has literally no reason to fly out of the island with a plane because he can just teleport out of it. Beowulf did jackshit when your enemy has the armor can tank anything but dragon-slayer, well I'm not expecting you to read every comment anyway. Yamato is what high-tier in DxDverse can do casually, you know throwing stuffs that blow up dimension to form a hole in reality. Then again we never see Dante uses it in such a way, what he did was cutting the demon gate at long range, and that's it. By the way that sucks compares to a single Dragon Shot which turned a mountain to dust. Talk about resources yes Dante should have more, doesn't mean a thing when Issei can halve his strength or reflect it.

Judgment-Cut said:
Dante would win this.

He did not actually damage Blitz if you watch that cut-scene again. I can only laugh when you typed that Mundus created a galaxy, stars and planets? Really? Lightning and thunderclouds in space? Dante automatically returned after the battle ended? Those are the signs that all Mundus got is a fancy background, and that's it. He didn't throw planets to Dante's face like Charkavartin in Asura's Wrath, nor what represented on the small plane where they took the fight is impressive (telling you that Mundus is supposed to be a big strong dude), you know magma dragons and stuffs. What divine? Where did you get the idea that Yamato and Beowulf are divine? Or holy in the first place? Also Yamato ignoring durability, where is this? I recall that Dante had to stab Yamato really hard through Savior boss to get it inside so where is this "Ignoring Durability" ability?

Phantasys said:
Yeah, agree on this. Popularity is like that, people don't actually look at the other combatants and pick the one they know/like more.
Lock this OP, to show who wins this debate and the result on VSbattle wikia.
It's your opinion vs fact. as it currently stands Issei can't win against Dante (for now), but it might change later on.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:

Gabriel 00 said:

Judgment-Cut said:
Dante would win this.

He did not actually damage Blitz if you watch that cut-scene again. I can only laugh when you typed that Mundus created a galaxy, stars and planets? Really? Lightning and thunderclouds in space? Dante automatically returned after the battle ended? Those are the signs that all Mundus got is a fancy background, and that's it. He didn't throw planets to Dante's face like Charkavartin in Asura's Wrath, nor what represented on the small plane where they took the fight is impressive (telling you that Mundus is supposed to be a big strong dude), you know magma dragons and stuffs. What divine? Where did you get the idea that Yamato and Beowulf are divine? Or holy in the first place? Also Yamato ignoring durability, where is this? I recall that Dante had to stab Yamato really hard through Savior boss to get it inside so where is this "Ignoring Durability" ability?

Phantasys said:
Yeah, agree on this. Popularity is like that, people don't actually look at the other combatants and pick the one they know/like more.
It's your opinion vs fact. as it currently stands Issei can't win against Dante (for now), but it might change later on.
Fact, or your assumption?

Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:

Gabriel 00 said:

Where's Dante's teleportation? Trickster? That's just just quick dashing move and helps nothing when your enemy has city-range AoE attack, otherwise Dante has literally no reason to fly out of the island with a plane because he can just teleport out of it.
Beowulf did jackshit when your enemy has the armor can tank anything but dragon-slayer, well I'm not expecting you to read every comment anyway. Yamato is what high-tier in DxDverse can do casually, you know throwing stuffs that blow up dimension to form a hole in reality. Then again we never see Dante uses it in such a way, what he did was cutting the demon gate at long range, and that's it. By the way that sucks compares to a single Dragon Shot which turned a mountain to dust. Talk about resources yes Dante should have more, doesn't mean a thing when Issei can halve his strength or reflect it.

Judgment-Cut said:
Dante would win this.

Phantasys said:
Fact, or your assumption?
Not assumption if you compare and contrast you can determine who will win and who will loose, if both were equalized Dante's hax against other Devils would get him the win, if Issei also had hax then I would lean towards him but again I don't see any hax on his part.

Touhou ranfuku said:

Do you actually know what kinds of powers Issei has? Just to be sure.
Dragon Shot

Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

I can also name his Gear if you like.

He can also promote himself to a higher piece if he's in enemy territory.

Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

Well, so you really don't know. Give me Dante's hax list.
Yamato,Sparda,Rebellion,Allastor,Ifrit,Cerberus,Igna and Rudra,Gilgamesh,Bangle of Time among others.

Simply too many to list, theres more than just these too.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

He can also promote himself to a higher piece if he's in enemy territory.
You're completely wrong. All you did was copy what this wiki said. You don't even know what Triana does or CQ is. He's also got Wyvern Faries and Diabolos Dragon. Dante's also never displayed a feat close to Issei's level of destruction. You want to argue that Dante's stronger? Show me one feat that Dante did which leveled a city the size of Kyoto in one shot...oh wait it doesn't exist.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

Yamato,Sparda,Rebellion,Allastor,Ifrit,Cerberus,Igna and Rudra,Gilgamesh,Bangle of Time among others.

Those are his weapons...those aren't even hax as they all boil down to basic destruction. The only difference is the Bangle of Time...which would do all of jack shit considering Issei's capable of shaking off a god's time-freeze.

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

Those are his weapons...those aren't even hax as they all boil down to basic destruction. The only difference is the Bangle of Time...which would do all of jack shit considering Issei's capable of shaking off a god's time-freeze.
Show me Issei's feat oh wait it also doesn't exist

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

'Yamato,Sparda,Rebellion,Allastor,Ifrit,Cerberus,Igna and Rudra,Gilgamesh,Bangle of Time among others.'Simply too many to list, theres more than just these too.
Yamato bypasses durability that's an absolute 1 shot. Just because they are weapons doesn't mean they don't have hax.

You keep saying he's not displayed any feats of destruction close to Dante's, and there was an entire debate about this on Dante's page and everything, and that wasn't accepted. You can't just keep saying that as if it was accepted when several people, including multiple (!) admins have ruled otherwise, let alone disregard other people's opinions that they have given. If I simply said "no, I don't like that guy's opinion so I'm going to ignore it" as the OP, would that be even the slightest bit fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back