• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Toji faster than Naobito?

From what I've seen, I would assume yes, but I'm not 100% sure. My reasoning is this;

Naobito with both his arms, was considered the fastest sorcerer besides Gojo. He was basically ping-ponging Dagon around, because of his speed, though that changed once they entered his domain which makes sense. We know domains amplify physical abilities, and the moment Dagon cast his, Naobito started being outpaced by Dagon, getting hit before even perceived he was there multiple times.

Then enters Toji, and immediately he blitzes Dagon, and throughout the entire fight, Dagon is basically knocked around like a ragdoll. After all this goes down, we know Megumi says Toji was probably faster than 3F Sukuna. I don't really see this as a speed limiter, and more just saying that he's so fast that Megumi can only compare him to 3F Sukuna, who has blitzed him before.

Besides this, we are later told that Toji could have annihilated the entire Zenin Clan if he wanted, just like Maki (Which shows they meant straight up killing them all, not poisoning them, or taking them all on 1 by 1). And then Gege, the Author even said that if it were just about strength, Toji would have been a contender with Naobito to become the Head of the Zenin Clan.

Anyway, what do you think?

Last edited:
Besides this, we are later told that Toji could have annihilated the entire Zenin Clan if he wanted, just like Maki (Which shows they meant straight up killing them all, not poisoning them, or taking them all on 1 by 1). And then Gege, the Author even said that if it were just about strength, Toji would have been a contender with Naobito to become the Head of the Zenin Clan.
On this point, he could easily predict and tank attacks, like, just pulling a Maki vs human Naoya

Though as you say, finger comparisons are meh because Megumi got blitzed by both, so he is using that blitzing as a reference for another blitz. There is 0% chance Megumi is deducing accurate speed here.

I have Toji above Naobito anyway in speed

Toji is definitely above Naobito in base speed, but I feel like Naobito could build up his speed to be faster than Toji if he had the time to build stacks of projection sorcery did. I have a hard time imagining that Naoya is faster/stronger/better with the technique than Naobito, so I feel like he should be able to build up to a top speed of higher than Toji.

Toji is definitely above Naobito in base speed, but I feel like Naobito could build up his speed to be faster than Toji if he had the time to build stacks of projection sorcery did. I have a hard time imagining that Naoya is faster/stronger/better with the technique than Naobito, so I feel like he should be able to build up to a top speed of higher than Toji.
Nah. Maki, while disadvantaged from extreme blood loss, nearly dying, and fighting the Zen'in clan could react to mach 1 Naoya. Later on, after unlocking her full strength, she's able to move so fast Mach 3 Naoya can't hit her and she can tag Mach 3 Naoya.
Naobito with both his arms, was considered the fastest sorcerer besides Gojo
It is a title he possesed, but do we know the specifics of how he gained it? No. Sorcerer families are notoriously corrupt and change shit. There's never been a confirmed statement saying "yeah he is the second fastest," we only know it's the rumor, and have stuff going against it.

He would've been the head going by strength, yeah. He could've destroyed the Zen'in clan on a whim if he wanted. Maki already did it while nerfed by blood loss and not using her full capabilities.

Maki struggled with keeping up with Naoya
Maki had blood loss, and that Maki isn't Toji level yet. First of all there's nothing proving she is, all she has is having 0 cursed energy.

THEN once she gets the clear stat amp from getting a better mental state and improving her perceptions, she reacts to mach 3 Naoya and pulls off an entire punch while mach 3 Naoya moves a very small distance

THAT Maki is Toji level, not the one that struggled vs Naoya

Back