• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this limited physics manipulation

As you know, you can't be frozen solid in most parts of outer space due to some nerd shit. But in many verses, people can freeze others even in outer space. If the verse itself does establish that it works the same way and you can't actually be frozen in the cold depths of space, but someone just somehow does it, then would that count as limited physics manipulation, and if not, would it be absolute zero since most parts that are cold are that low in temperature?

Here's an example

(Also this doesn't apply if its magic since all magic defies physics by definition and we don't grant physics manipulation to every magic user)

Last edited:
Higher level of ice manipulation, I guess? There are some characters I know that could do that due to their ice are different in nature than normal ice.(Like it was curse ice, time ice or etc)

A special type of ice would literally have to defy physics to do this
Not really, otherwise, we would be giving every fictional character limited physics manipulation.

Like practically every fictional attack defies the laws of gravity despite being something that would normally be affected by it. Same way as traveling beyond the speed of light is impossible for any living thing to survive, yet we don't give them resistance to physics because of that.

You can't have ice in space? That's news to me. I thought there was even ice on comets sometimes.
Some source on that?

Not really, otherwise, we would be giving every fictional character limited physics manipulation.

Like practically every fictional attack defies the laws of gravity despite being something that would normally be affected by it. Same way as traveling beyond the speed of light is impossible for any living thing to survive, yet we don't give them resistance to physics because of that.
That's because you can simply say those verses allow it due to the verse itself defying our physics, not the characters defying the physics of their verse

You can't have ice in space? That's news to me. I thought there was even ice on comets sometimes.
Some source on that?
Idk ****** uhhh this article maybe

Anyway, it's still not physics manip, it's still possible to freeze if you're somewhere cold (Such as Pluto) or in this case, if you are hit with ice powers.
I'm talking about freezing someone where its not possible due to the laws of physics, can you finish reading the OP before commenting?

I'm talking about freezing someone where its not possible due to the laws of physics, can you finish reading the OP before commenting?
I'm using the example you provided and responding to what I see in it. She says how can you create ice in the vacuum of space, I'm explaining it wouldn't require you to manipulate physics.

That says that a human wouldn't freeze due to the lack of heat transfer, not that you can't freeze something if you can actually reduce its heat.
Nearly anyone that has an ice technique should be just as able to freeze something in space, as he is on Earth.

Well, it depends.

A lot of fiction often handwaves plenty of laws of physics, but we don't give all those character physics manip because of it.

I believe it has to be acknowledge in the story that yes "Oh god, how could this guy break X law of physics, that is impossible!" or something along the lines.

Back