• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this enough for Acausality Type 5? (quick and simple)

I'll soon be adding a new verse to the wiki and might as well get this out of the way as it is more controversial than the rest.

There are these things called Eternal Scales. Said scales can affect a character with Acausality Type 4 just fine. However, they were unable to affect another character, explanation being this. While the character with Acausality Type 4 has a different explanation as to why an ability failed to work on him. Imo, the story draws a clear line between the two examples, trying to distinguish them, but that's just how I look at it.

Anyways, I wanna know if this is enough for Type 5, if not - I won't even bother making this profile as the character has unknown stats and can't really fight. Was planning on adding him in case of composite character battles and whatnot.

Might as well ask if the statement above qualifies for Acausality Type 4 in the first place.

That alone isn’t enough for type 5, just better type 4 than the first. For type 5 you’d also need some indication that interacting normally with them doesn’t work.

Is there a thing such as better and worse Type 4?

I would also like to rephrase what I said in the OP. The way both Acausalities are described are completely different, does that help?

As for Reio's post: Characters with this type of Acausality transcend the normal boundaries of cause and effect, existing outside of the causality of a system. Even interacting with them normally may prove virtually impossible.

Whether it is directly mentioned/implied that a character transcends Causality I don't think matters as long as the end result is the bold part.

Last edited:
This sounds like a higher system of causality but still bound to it as a concept. so type 4 but 2 levels transcendental above baseline Type 4

I'm actually going to bump this.

I don't know what is and is not accepted on this site, but higher and lower type 4s sounds like baloney to me. They're different systems of cause and effect, that's it. As far as I'm aware.

When character A without type 4 can't interact with character B who has type 4, it is not because character B operates on a "higher" system of cause and effect, it's simply different than the normal one (normal system of cause and effect being based on our irl one, unless the story says otherwise).

Back