• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this correct?

I would like to know if my calculation is correct.
Lets say a event causes every hydrogen atom in neptune to fuse(at the same time) and a character tanks it what is the durability of that said character?

So neptune has a mass of 1.024*10^26kg which by volume %80 is hydrogen and near %20 percent is helium with bunch of gases like methane and ethane
So by weight %50 of neptune is hydrogen and fusion of 4H->He relases 639 trillion joules by kilogram of hydrogen being fused so
(5.012*10^25)*(6.39*10^14)=3.27168*10^40 which is barely passes baseline low 4-c
but if we can say that said character did not tanks to whole thing so very high into high 5-a and possibly low 4-c?

Depends on how close he was to it and the area he got hit by. If he was right beside it then it could be plain low 4-C but if he was way further maybe even at a neptune radius then it could go below 5-A. We need distance. I can't do the calc but the calc has been done before so there is a way to get results here.

Depends on how close he was to it and the area he got hit by. If he was right beside it then it could be plain low 4-C but if he was way further maybe even at a neptune radius then it could go below 5-A. We need distance. I can't do the calc but the calc has been done before so there is a way to get results here.
lets take two locations
1-at the center of neptune
2-at the surface of neptune meaning 24622km to the core
and hol'up such calc has been made? NANI

Really interesting and fun idea. I can’t do calcs rn but I commemorate the work you’ve done so far.

Really interesting and fun idea. I can’t do calcs rn but I commemorate the work you’ve done so far.
I think for the first one its at least high 5-A possibly low 4-C
and for the second its At least 5-A,Likely High 5-A
i wonder the number if it was sun instead of neptune too

Wait right they all go boom at the same time. It wouldn't be high 5-A as he'd need to tank a good chunk of the explosion for that.

Wait right they all go boom at the same time. It wouldn't be high 5-A as he'd need to tank a good chunk of the explosion for that.
wydm? he tanks the whole explosion (i'm assuming its first the location) and he isnt even High 5-A why?

i also realized that i can post this in calc discussion OOF.

wydm? he tanks the whole explosion (i'm assuming its first the location) and he isnt even High 5-A why?
I mean it all depends on how the explosions interact, how wide they are ect.

Imagine this.
You are surrounded by countless balloons filled with water. Suddenly they all pop. You will get splashed by the water of the balloons right around you and just a smidge from the other few layers around you, however the ones further will either have their water clash with the water of the other balloons or they simply won't reach him. That's the problem.

I mean it all depends on how the explosions interact, how wide they are ect.

Imagine this.
You are surrounded by countless balloons filled with water. Suddenly they all pop. You will get splashed by the water of the balloons right around you and just a smidge from the other few layers around you, however the ones further will either have their water clash with the water of the other balloons or they simply won't reach him. That's the problem.
Well since its a nuclear explosion most of the energy will come as EM Waves which will not interact with eachother tho

Their range is important
well i think we need a 3 dimensional integral for and then we can just take density same everywhere and calculate the energy that would come to the place we want but i dont know how to use that advanced math shit

Back