• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this considered 4-D hax?

AbaddonTheDisappointment

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So let's say a being is tied to the universe itself. To fully kill that being you'd have to fundamentally alter the universe and when one of said beings was killed it ended up partially damaging the universe and causality. Would its immortality be considered 4-D in nature?

I'm a bit 50/50%, if what keeps them alive is the universe, here comes into play what do we refer to as the universe? because if I destroy all matter/energy in the universe, then most of the fundamental laws no longer exist (Electromagnetism, Gravity, Nuclear Force, etc) but then it comes into play that the universe is also made up of time-Space (And since Casuality was damaged I am inclined to the this part)

I'm a bit 50/50%, if what keeps them alive is the universe, here comes into play what do we refer to as the universe? because if I destroy all matter/energy in the universe, then most of the fundamental laws no longer exist (Electromagnetism, Gravity, Nuclear Force, etc) but then it comes into play that the universe is also made up of time-Space (And since Casuality was damaged I am inclined to the this part)
Even if you get rid of the matter the laws still exist though? There's just nothing to apply them to.

Anyway, because it includes Causality (probably time) I would say it is 4-D tbh.

So let's say a being is tied to the universe itself. To fully kill that being you'd have to fundamentally alter the universe and when one of said beings was killed it ended up partially damaging the universe and causality. Would its immortality be considered 4-D in nature?
Considering the connection with the universe in a spatial and temporal sense I can see how it could be classified as 4-D immortality, because you would need a tier 2 attack to kill the character. However, at the same time I'm not sure how well that immortality would hold against things with immortality negation, so I feel reluctant to really call it 4-D immortality with just that.

Considering the connection with the universe in a spatial and temporal sense I can see how it could be classified as 4-D immortality, because you would need a tier 2 attack to kill the character. However, at the same time I'm not sure how well that immortality would hold against things with immortality negation, so I feel reluctant to really call it 4-D immortality with just that.
Wouldn't the immortality negation need to affect the laws of the universe to even negate it lol

Wouldn't the immortality negation need to affect the laws of the universe to even negate it lol
Not really, take for example someone with abstract existence, you can certainly kill that character by directly destroying their abstraction, however if you kill them through something like immortality negation then the abstraction itself don't have to be destroyed, it's why when killing someone who let's say it's the concept of time, death or similar through immortality negation those abstractions don't stop existing but the character in question does.

So if you mean the universe, which is space-time, I guess I would say it 4-dimensional immortality. I also hope that you can give extra hax

Back