• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this a Tier 0 character?

Ok guys, so there is a weird verse where the supreme being is a character which is "beyond all duality and beyond concepts, boundless, trascends all limits, can`t be put on words "

Now this is pretty tier 0, right guys?

The thing is that in that verse the top tier characters have part of the supreme being`s power, so they trascend existence, but the supreme being still transcends them . So what are they? 1-A or high 1-A?

it is said that from the perspective of mortals the power of those beings is similar to that of the supreme being, but in fact the supreme being is still inconceivable to them. So i don`t know how to tier them. Inconclusive maybe?

InfiniteSped said:
I don't think you could get a tier for that one without more context.
For both the top tier beings and the Supreme being? or only for the top tier?

InfiniteSped said:
Both, I think. Transcending those things doesn't mean much without more context, afaik.
The being is the source of all unmanifested and manifested reality, is akin to a traditional godehad that transcends everything. Judging by this statement :

"Such characters will usually stand hierarchically above everything, including existence and nonexistence, possibility, causality, dualism, the concepts of life and death, etcetera."

i think it fits perfectly with this description because it not only trasncend the concepts listed there, but it also transcends "all" concepts, as it is stated on the quote. What more context is needed? You know that in that level of power is difficult to work via feats.

He'd prob need some actual feats or a better explained cosmology to reach tier 0. Does he have any other statement to his power?

InfiniteSped said:
He'd prob need some actual feats or a better explained cosmology to reach tier 0. Does he have any other statement to his power?
Is described as omniscient, omnipotent and omniprescent for his body perveates all reality, all manifested reality and all unmanifested reality. His body is the only thing that is trully real, all of the immeasurable dimensions lack inherent existence (being akin to a dream) when compared to him. All of existence immeasurable dimensions are akin to a dream, and the supreme being (and the top tiers too) stand outside all of this.

I think those statements are enough considering the fact that some characters like yog sothoth had been granted tier 0 for similar statements.

InfiniteSped said:
As for the cosmology, it is pretty similar to the ancient Hindu cosmology, we are all part of that being but at the same thing we are different than him. We keep evolving reaching higher states of conciousness until we become one with that being, that is the ultimate goal.

InfiniteSped said:
Isn't that Azathoth
Will depend on the size of the cosmoly that they transcend, then
Similar but not, lol, is funny you find it similar to azathoth, is more similar to brahman for example, azathoth is inspired in those ancient godheads.

About the size, that is what really puzzles me, we say a being is 1-A doesn`t matter if there aren`t infinite dimensions in that verse, all is needed is that the being in cuestion transcends the concept of space, time and dimensions. In this case i though that i will be similar, the being in question transcends all concepts, all duality, and is state to be beyond unmanfisted and manifested reality, beyond limitations. etc. So i thought that this will automatically put it in tier 0.

Our tiering system will soon (?) be revised, so our tier 0 standards will turn considerably stricter.

Back