• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Super Shenron nigh-omnipotent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple sources say he can do anything and is limitless and one of those guys is Zuno an omniscient being who knows everything.Is it possible for him to be nigh-omnipotent at least in DB?

yes of course he is nigh omnipotent.this is what nigh-omnipotent is.being able to do almost anything

the only problem is we don't know if he can engage into combat

Nowhere even close to being nigh omnipotent, the levels of infinity and beyond infinity that's needed to get to that is ridiculous.

Let me give you an illlustration:

>This is Hades (Saint Seiya), he can destroy multiple universes

>This is Son Goku (Xeno), he can destroy more than 1000 universes

>This is Demiurge (11eyes-Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo), it can destroy an infinite number of universes

>This is Mister Mxyzptlk, he is infinitely superior to demiurge

>This is God (Digimon) he is infinitely superior to mister myyztlk

>At this point it's getting tedious to keep finding characters to list but this list continues infinitely, with each character being infinitely superior to the other.

>For reference, Mister Mxyzptyl is 5-D, God is 6-D, a 7-D would be infinitely superior to 6-D, so and so forth infinitely.

>Now past all these infinities you have guys like Michael Demiurgos and Reinhard Heydrich which completly transcend all these infinities, in fact infinity means nothing to them, they are beyond it.

>Here is where you get "nigh omnipotence", with characters like Featherine Augustus Aurora or The Law of Identity which transcend guys like Michael and Reinhard to the point that they may as well be fiction from their perspective.

In the context of dragonball though he is said to be "limitless" but i wouldn't exactly trust it, it will probably be revealed to have some limits later on just like the other dragon balls were.

I question whether it could do something like kill someone like zeno as well, in short i wouldn't take claims of being limitless without proof.

You don't trust the word of am omniscient being or even the lord of everything stating Super Shenron can do anything and is limitless?

Zuno only knows everything about the multiverse, and even if he did dimensions 5 and beyond don't exist in Dragon Ball so not like it would matter much anyway and at best a Low 2-C saying he's limitless would only peg him at 2-A.

@Frantzy

For the record, no being is truly omniscient. None of the characters in Dragon Ball would be able to tell what we're doing right now.

We can only go by what the narrative has shown us. There are too many omnipotent statements in fiction for us to take seriously.

TurboTriangle601 said:
Zuno only knows everything about the multiverse, and even if he did dimensions 5 and beyond don't exist in Dragon Ball so not like it would matter much anyway and at best a Low 2-C saying he's limitless would only peg him at 2-A.
5 dimensional space is basically all of time and space so by default 5d space is in the dragonball verse

@Reppuzan

Yeah, I understand, I was just wondering what everyone else thought.I assume this statement holds some weight since the most powerful being in the DB Multiverse himself even states Super Shenron can do anything 3 times reassuring us that there is nothing it can't do.

Really makes you wonder how powerful Zalama is.maybe he is what GEB is to The Presence but instead Zalama and Zeno which is quite the head canon.

lol but he did,was literally explained when he used potara with Black and became Merged Zamasu it somewhat ruined his immortality.Also he became one with the universe only to be killed by the supreme being of the verse lol..

Ehh not really lol.Merged Zamasu is a different being based off of a canon explaination of the series when someone fuses.The fusion was between a mortal man and an immortal deity.We literally see him struggling with his Regenerationn because of it.A flaw of the potara fusion not Super Shenron.

We don't upgrade people to such high levels based on NLFs or statements of "they can do anything".

In terms of db, yes. In comparison to other characters from different franchises, not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back