• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is sight allowed in Standard Battle Assumptions?

I have a question. Does SBA ensure that the characters can actually see each-other?

Example, if we have 2 people who have more than 4km range therefore making the match start at 4km range via SBA.

My question is, at this distance (4km) are the characters in each-other's line of sight (can they see each-other), because humans can see upwards of 5km assuming there are no obstacles in between.

So does SBA have objects obstructing the sight of each fighter or is it a nigh-clean field ensuring that the fighters are in each-other's line of sight?

Small note: Whenever the starting range is small (couple of hundreds of meters), people usually agree that they can see each-other, but when it comes to 4km range there seem to be discussions even though the human can see the horizon from 5km (bigger than both).

I'm pretty sure unless the characters can normally see that far they can't see

But they still know they are in a fight with someone 4km away

I think

Paul Frank said:
I'm pretty sure unless the characters can normally see that far they can't see
But they still know they are in a fight with someone 4km away

I think
As i already said. Normal humans can see up to 5km before an object gets behind the horizon. It's not an ability it's just basic mathematics based on how round the earth is etc etc.

So if there is no object to obstruct their view they would be capable of seeing each-other, though that's my question. Are there specific objects made to obstruct the view of the characters?

I'd assume any obstacles normally in the location of the fight would be there ie trees in central park buildings in cities etc

Paul Frank said:
I'd assume any obstacles normally in the location of the fight would be there ie trees in central park buildings in cities etc
Why is that not a problem with smaller distances then?

It says that the participants of the match know they are in a fight and roughly where the target is iirc

Back