• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Midora's Regen really Low-High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low-High Regenerationn is considered the ability to regenerate from a completely melted puddle or drop of blood, or small piece of the body like a finger or chunk of the head.

When has Midora exhibited such a level of regen? The best we've seen from him was a top-end case of super-high-speed High-Mid Regenerationn (regenerating from being cut or blown into pieces) during his fight with Joa. If we're only going by exhibited feats, shouldn't his Regenerationn be High-Mid? I don't think any human character in Toriko has above High-Mid Regenerationn, actually.

It should be noted though that for being high-mid tier, Midora's Regenerationn is extremely rapid.

During the fight, Joa was melting Midora with a special fungus that was liquifying and rotting his cells at a rapid rate.

Joa was confident that Midora would have melted in due time until the latter pulled out Minority World.

Reppuzan said:
During the fight, Joa was melting Midora with a special fungus that was liquifying and rotting his cells at a rapid rate.
Joa was confident that Midora would have melted in due time until the latter pulled out Minority World.
But that is not at all equivalent to actually regenerating from a puddle. What he did with Minority World, which was very impressive of course, was prevent himself from being melted in the first place. Which indicates that melting is a threat to him. And we have not seen any evidence that he could actually regenerate once already having been completely melted.

I know because I just re-read the same fight. Not once does Midora regenerate from a puddle, a drop of blood, or a small piece of his body, and being able to do so is the requirement/definition for being a low-high regenerator. And all his greatest regen-feats are in that fight. The feats he demonstrates there are rather at the high end of High-Mid Regenerationn. That's all I'm saying.

With that High-Mid Regenerationn, however, being notable for its extreme speed, in his case.

If he's able to prevent himself from being melted into a puddle, I think that counts. but I suppose someone with higher authority than me ought to intervene in the matter.

CrossverseCrisis said:
So basically, it's a downgrade for his regen to High-Mid, eh? Or something like that?
Exactly. Because he hasn't actually shown the feat of regenerating from a puddle or a small piece of himself.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Alakabamm and Antvasima can help out on this, i believe.
Yes, they can.

@Repuzzan I'm not absolutely 100% positive but I think that is not correct. Because the feat Midora achieved with Minority World, while it did (among other things) instantly regenerate him, only regenerated him from a state where he was partially-melted, with much of his body still intact. In terms of what else it did, it simply stopped Joa's microbe-attack. Stopping an attack isn't the same as regenerating from the damage the attack would have done if completed.

From what I remember of the fight, Joa destroyed a large part of Midora's head, and he instantly regenerated it.

However, I don't think that this would qualify as higher than Mid or High-Mid.

High-Mid is probably best. We rate Ban at that as well, even though there is a speculation that he can't die when even disintegrated.

Antvasima said:
However, I don't think that this would qualify as higher than Mid or High-Mid.

Whole sections of his body were being cut up and destroyed and melted for a number of panels, but he regenerated from everything literally as quickly as the damage was dealt. Just read the rest of this chapter starting on this page to get refreshed on the details: 1

But no, it is not anything above High-Mid. Simply High-Mid that should be noted as being very top-notch and insanely-rapid.

What's crazy to think about is the level to which his Regenerationn may progress if he eats the rest of the Full Course. For one thing, it allows for FTL cell-division, and Midora is already FTL with seemingly near-FTL Regenerationn (it actually keeps up with the speed of Joa's attack-barrages). Lord knows, he may get regen like Majin Buu if he eats the entire Full Course, haha.

Just noticed that on Midora's profile there is already stuff elaborating on the special properties and speed of his particular High-Mid regen, but it's at the bottom of his profile, separate from an entry on Regenerationn higher up under his Gourmet Cell abilities.

Would it be alright to consolidate the info in the second entry into the first one and use that spot to note the extraordinary efficacy of his Regenerationn? Or would it be better to leave the second entry as-is, leaving "Regenerationn" as basically one of his special-techniques?

I think that merging the two columns seems most appropriate.

All the edits are done. Unless there's something else you feel we should address, you can close the thread Antvasima. Thank you for your input on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back