• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it really not possible to apply KE to Omni-Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, It didn’t look like he destroyed the entire planet, but just surface wipe their city and stuff as I not sure if we know they have other cities aside from the one being destroyed
No yeah that's what I meant. Should've worded it better
I'd suppose the former, in the comics it did six months for Mark to get a portal that returned him to his original universe
Yeah but like I said we still don't know exactly in this case. Also are you referring to the scene with Mark when he gets sent to a parallel universe, not the Flaxan dimension? Cuz if so idk if its applicable given how Robot was trying to reverse engineer Levy's ability iirc. The Flaxans would already have that tech available and at most would have to repair it or rebuild it. (Though the idea of Omni-Man just holding a giant rock over them for like 6 months is hilarious)

Even if we were to assume the former, he'd literally have the AP to wipe the planet's surface in a single casual attack. I doubt he'd really waste his time going for a prolonged attack like he did.

Wasn't Omni Man only gone for a bunch of hours in the cartoon? I'm pretty sure he didn't disappear longer than a day

LET'S DO SOME WATT WANKING FOR OMNI-MAN!!!

Guesstimating the center of gravity for the Class M object at 241px from the bottom we get a wattage of:

241/10*1.8796*9.8*18630000 = 8.27030277864E9 J/s

And if he literally did hold it up for 6 months:

8.27030277864E9*3600*24*365.256363004/2 = 1.30497726839094217329172992E17 J (7-B) and this is casual

Aren’t most people against the Texas meteor feat? We don’t have enough information to know it’s mass nor if it’s literal

Aren’t most people against the Texas meteor feat? We don’t have enough information to know it’s mass nor if it’s literal
Its discounted towards AP, but for LS it can be used

I personally feel that I've made a fair assessment of Omni-Man's statement via using the area of Texas and the diameter of Texas for two possible masses, you can check the calc out here

But why is is being taken to be literally that size though?
Remember, Omni-Man, when not a superhero, works as tourist book writer, it would be essential fo him to know information like that. And the way that he gestures his hands definitely suggests the meteor to be as wide as Texas or have an area approximate to Texas

No, it’s not essential for him to know the area or “diameter” of Texas for such job, what do you think they do? And no, it’s not essential for him to be capable of eyeballing with such accuracy nor is it essential for him to not use flowery language nor do the hand gestures mean that it is as wide as Texas lol, he’s just saying it’s big.

Last edited:
Well, I think that Omni-Man is high into tier 6 in the Invincible comic book, so given that the cartoon rather closely follows its storyline, it technically makes sense that he would have a similar tier.

No, it’s not essential for him to know the area or “diameter” of Texas for such job, what do you think they do? And no, it’s not essential for him to be capable of eyeballing with such accuracy nor is it essential for him to not use flowery language nor do the hand gestures mean that it is as wide as Texas lol, he’s just saying it’s big.
This is some conjecture and wild guessing, but couldn't he eyeball the Moon? Doing some comparing, the supposed meteor comes out to around 1/3 the radius of the Moon, considering previous fights with Allen it's implied that Omni-Man has been to the moon multiple times before.

Well, I think that Omni-Man is high into tier 6 in the Invincible comic book, so given that the cartoon rather closely follows its storyline, it technically makes sense that he would have a similar tier.
Yes, but I like to point out Cartoon is starting to differ from the comics books and if I not mistaken, the creator even approve any differences that deviates from the comics.

Would you be willing to evaluate the calculations Kieran?

Okay. Thank you for the input.

Please explain why you disagree about using them.

One feat is based only on a statement that can be interpreted in any way.

The other is an outlier as disregarding the other feat makes this one the only feat even close to Tier 6 in the series so far, and there are many more lower level feats, one of which being a Tier 7 explosion visibly giving him a nosebleed and hurting him.

If I'm not wrong, the tier 6 feat would just be environmental destruction caused by Omni-Man building up speed until he reaches a certain level, and as such it wouldn't be a rating for his overall AP all the times, since he needs to fly really really fast to achieve such force, much faster than how he flights normally even when fighting.

Also, I think KLOL or others have said that, despite the damage caused is tier 6, the durability necessary to withstand his own speed is just 7-B/7-A, and thus more consistent with other feats showed in the series.

Wouldn't both these things solve the issue?

Last edited:
One feat is based only on a statement that can be interpreted in any way.

The other is an outlier as disregarding the other feat makes this one the only feat even close to Tier 6 in the series so far, and there are many more lower level feats, one of which being a Tier 7 explosion visibly giving him a nosebleed and hurting him.
Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense.
If I'm not wrong, the tier 6 feat would just be environmental destruction caused by Omni-Man building up speed until he reaches a certain level, and as such it wouldn't be a rating for his overall AP all the times, since he needs to fly really really fast to achieve such force, much faster than how he flights normally even when fighting.

Also, I think KLOL or others said that, despite the damage caused is tier 6, the durability necessary to withstand his own speed is just 7-B/7-A, and also more consistent with other feats.

Wouldn't both these things solve the issue?
What do you think about this Kieran?

Well, destructive capacity via a prolonged continuous effort should normally not be equated to a single quick strike/attack potency, but I may have misunderstood what is intended here.

I don't believe that the Tier 6 dust would fall under environmental destruction personally.

Omni-Man would have to actually withstand an impact going at full speed to qualify his Durability via KE.
Even though the reason for the dust is from him doing it via pure flight and do keep in mind, it destroyed the city in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back