• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Irrelevant speed should be 1-A or not?

Well you don't technically need to be 1-A to get Irrelevant speed, since this is fiction it is hypothetically possible for a non 1-A character to get it. But you're going to have a really, really hard time proving they have Irrelevant speed without being 1-A physically themselves.

Irrelevant speed should probably be revised, or deleted, like many other powers we instantly granted to all 1As and above in the old system, that is because Irrelevant speed comes from transcending the concept of speed, space, time and or distance, which can be done below 1A now, the only thing still keeping Irrelevant speed exclusively to 1As is our type 1 and 2 concepts, which are both basically "the source of their entire setting, potency defined by how big the setting is", if type 1 and 2 concept are mergeed in the future, L1Cs would also have Irrelevant speed, but they would obviously be slower than the irrelavant speed of H1Cs or 1As because the concept of speed in their verse simply isn't big enough. At least, this is how i see it.

Irrelevant speed sounds a awful lot like how we treated type 10 Immortality and True Godly regeneration before, so it should be revised or deleted yeah.

Conceptual Manipulation definitely need a revision.

Also, a question that isn't that related to this thread, but why don't 2-A characters have infinite speed? Assuming a character is able to destroy an infinite amount of multiverses with a single, shouldn't that alone grant them infinite attack speed or smth? Because I'm pretty you are won't be able to destroy that with speed that isn't infinite or beyond.

I think it's because of how fiction usually portray this as being able to be done without Infinite speed for the sake of it. That or it's just forgotten.

Also, a question that isn't that related to this thread, but why don't 2-A characters have infinite speed? Assuming a character is able to destroy an infinite amount of multiverses with a single, shouldn't that alone grant them infinite attack speed or smth? Because I'm pretty you are won't be able to destroy that with speed that isn't infinite or beyond.
While i understand your logic, the problem is that more times than not it is a normal punch with 2A AP, or just an attack with AOE, or reality warping, which do not scale to speed.

I think tit was agreed not all 1-A or above characters have Irrelevant speed for the same reason not all Tier 2 or above have Immeasurable.

I think a lot of people still make these mistakes.

Tier 2 is kinda different but Irrelevant was associated with 1-A a lot.

Back