• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Electro lightning speed? (Genshin Impact)

Giannysmag

He/Him
I am currently working on big revision for Genshin Impact's speed and the speed of electro is pretty important to discuss for that sucne a bunch of characters have been shown or stated to be able to dodge electro attacks.

So looking at the criteria for real lightning, electro seems to fulfil the following
As for why it wouldn't be real lightning, electro clearly visually different compared to in game natural lightning, being purple rather than light blue

So yea I'm curious if this can be considered enough for it to count as real lightning and thus lightning speed

I personally hate our lightning speed standards.

As the reasoning being used applies to any kind of electricity. Tasers can cause paralysis and their charge can conduct through materials. And the energy reasoning is weak, since 99.99% of the time we're using our own fan calculations to say it reaches that value. Which I don't find convincing, unless it came from an in universe statement.

All this tells me is that an electric attack is actually electric.

An electric attack should be lightning speed if it's a natural lightning strike, stated to be lightning speed by a reliable source, and is shown to be comparable to real lightning. There is probably more reasoning, but I'm not here to change our standards, just to clear up where I stand on this stuff.

That's all I'll say on the matter, I'll let other calc group members take a look at this stuff. Sorry for venting here, it's just something that really bothers me.

When you really think about it, the lightning standards on this site more or less reflects the whole of the "is it real lightning" debacle that's been going on in, like, every aspect of the Vs debating community, whether it's the questionable Comic Vine, or the elitist Outskirts Battledome. It's hard to really settle on certain criteria as some of the things lightning does also happens in pretty much any electrical shock.

In any case, this is a debacle that I wish to recuse myself from, as it's something I have proven myself to flip-flop on.

Arent you affected by electro if a natural lightning from weather hits you?
There is also the hypostasis statment
Keqing Statment
and the inazuma thingy
What makes electro questionable is also the fact some characters have CtG attacks,
such as Lisa with elemental skill, Yae Miko with both Skill and Burst
Kujou Sara with her Burst and even Thunder Sakura which also attacks you with Lightning strikes.
Most of those are Cloud to Ground attacks but still shows us the usage of Electro as the real Lightning,its also known in genshin that elements are based by natural elements like pyro-fire, cryo-ice, geo-earth,stone,rocks you get it,dendro-being variant of plants and grass manip, hydro-water, anemo-wind
and then electro should follow the nature of lightning as well, again lightning standards are difficult here for good reason so ill wait for other Cgm to give answer

Arent you affected by electro if a natural lightning from weather hits you?
There is also the hypostasis statment
Keqing Statment
and the inazuma thingy
What makes electro questionable is also the fact some characters have CtG attacks,
such as Lisa with elemental skill, Yae Miko with both Skill and Burst
Kujou Sara with her Burst and even Thunder Sakura which also attacks you with Lightning strikes.
Most of those are Cloud to Ground attacks but still shows us the usage of Electro as the real Lightning,its also known in genshin that elements are based by natural elements like pyro-fire, cryo-ice, geo-earth,stone,rocks you get it,dendro-being variant of plants and grass manip, hydro-water, anemo-wind
and then electro should follow the nature of lightning as well, again lightning standards are difficult here for good reason so ill wait for other Cgm to give answer
The problem is that, as M3X said in the subrel thread, the fact that some electro attacks are real lightning doesn't mean that they all are.

You've proved that some applications of electro are lightning speed, those that involve natural or ctg lightning, but not that every form of electro is lightning speed

Last edited:
It's more than likely not real lightning. Electricity moves at vastly different speeds and outputs too. A tesla gun's speed isn't going to be anywhere close to a real lightning strike

Back