• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is dissidia canon

As a crossover I don't think that we count it as canon, given that it would mess up the scaling for the different Final Fantasy continuities.

You can ask The Everlasting and other staff members listed in the Knowledgeable Members List to comment here via their message walls.

Gilgamesh outright references having taken part in the war between harmony and discord in Mobius Final Fantasy.

This is in addition to the game essentially serving as the backstory for FFI, with the origin of the Warrior of Light and what inspired Garland to become Chaos.

It's canon.

Wouldn't that then make all the other FFs canon to FF1, but not the other way, and only the other way in FF1's canon.

That's the primary canon. So says I. I don't care. Lol

Okay, but it would still mess up our statistics to scale all Final Fantasy characters from The Cloud of Darkness, Ultimecia, etcetera.

It's canon for all of them, we just can't scale from it because that is generally a bad idea.

I do still have FFI upgrades planned tho.

@Ant

You're assuming it being canon means we have to use it for scaling. This simply isn't the case.

Someone should make a list of Crossovers thread to see if we can connect Dragon Ball to Disney and make everything canon to everything.

Should we remove any scaling from Dissidia to FF15?

The Everlasting said:
It's canon for all of them, we just can't scale from it because that is generally a bad idea.

I do still have FFI upgrades planned tho.
Erm...

>Cloud of darkness' other form.

>Golbez randomly knowing that Cecil is his brother.

>Jecht and Tidus.

If it were canon to everything, the plot in all of the FF's would be messed up.

Pachi2: Its because it takes after the other Final Fantasy's [Cod took that form, after Golbex reveal, Jecht and Tidus are aware they fought before] while serving as the backstory for FFI, also from Kuja and Zidane conversations it is deduced its after the events of FF9.

Dark649 said:
Pachi2: Its because it takes after the other Final Fantasy's [Cod took that form, after Golbex reveal, Jecht and Tidus are aware they fought before] while serving as the backstory for FFI, also from Kuja and Zidane conversations it is deduced its after the events of FF9.
CoD died. Golbez stopped being Golbez and he became "Theodore", Jecht and Tidus died by the end of FFX.

The scaling in XV is simply a statement in the Compendium related to Ifrit, a statement referring to all Ifrits across the franchise.

PaChi2 said:
CoD died. Golbez stopped being Golbez and he became "Theodore", Jecht and Tidus died by the end of FFX.
Warriors normally dies and are revived in the conflicts [even after they died in their original games], Golbez does refer himself as such because he is Warrior of Chaos/Spiritus.

Well, @Dark I hope you understand that I feel iffy to have dissidia as canon to everything, but oh well.

PaChi2 said:
Well, @Dark I hope you understand that I feel iffy to have dissidia as canon to everything, but oh well.
I do not want their original stats and keys to be overwriten, at best a new key for that if there is the necessity/demand for it.

What about abilities? I keep hearing people try to downplay noctis into having Normal Human stats and it infuriates me. Him flying in the air with pseudo flight being canon shuts them up deliciously.

>noctis having normal human stats ... they know he can block attacks from the At 47000+ ton titab right? Like He can even do it with a shield so the "he can only do it via royal arms argument" isnt remotely true

They see the fact that they use cars and get hit and hurt by bullets-- basically normal human portrayal-- as their rationale.

Amexim said:
They see the fact that they use cars and get hit and hurt by bullets-- basically normal human portrayal-- as their rationale.
Noctis also dukes it out with summons, super humans, and can react to creatures described as the embodiment of lightning

The same magic buffs he always has access too However he can also duke it out against amantoise ... who can take attacks from titan without his royal arms

I meant that, in reference to the magic buffs, that it works how stuff in other fictions work where characters are always buffed by magic and never have that strength naturally. Like the force in Star Wars. People like to downplay characters in general and say that "they're only like that when buffed by magic/whatever" as if it's not "real strength". I don't have any reason to say that he is buffed other than when he holds the blade of the Mystic and uses other buffs. I think it comes from the stupid mechanics where you take off a weapon in FF and do 1 damage to everything to make it seem like all the power comes from weapons.

Back