• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iruma revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nehz XZX said:
The spell that prevents Iruma from tripping or falling fro one day might be worth a mention on his profile. What sort of power would that be?
And this, in fact, is something like Supernatural Luck or Probability Manip

Nehz XZX said:
@Alonik

I don't think that it works via giving the user luck or manipulating probability. It straight up prevented Iruma from falling with Asmodeus and is what caused the suplex as a result.

And that as proof that it is not supernatural luck or probability manip? In fact, this is how it works several times. It alters the probability that something will happen, in this case, that Iruma will fall, duh.

It changed this position: https://********.org/chapter/1776/40 to a suplex. That doesn't seem like probability to me. They were in the middle of falling without any footing left and the spell made Iruma go backwards and perform a suplex.

So should we apply Ayase's conclusions here?

Antvasima said:
So should we apply Ayase's conclusions here?
Well, I'm agreeing with the majority of the conclusions but there are a few details I'd like to discuss.

Nehz XZX said:
It changed this position: https://********.org/chapter/1776/40 to a suplex. That doesn't seem like probability to me. They were in the middle of falling without any footing left and the spell made Iruma go backwards and perform a suplex.
Why is it not probability manip?

Probability Manipulation: The ability to alter probability, allowing one to make the unlikely more likely to occur, and vice versa. This can take effect in a variety of different ways; it may appear as just supernatural luck, or can be more actively used for defense to make attacks inexplicably miss - and in the same way, it can be used to make sure attacks always hit.

Simply the spell altered the probability to avoid in any way that Iruma falls.

If you tell me that the suplex seems silly to be probability manip, that's part of the series comedy, I can't do anything.

As far as I know it was never actually stated to be working via probability so saying that it does despite not really looking like it is farfetched. The link I have provided should make it pretty clear that Iruma was in no position to regain his footing, bend his back backwards and suplex Asmodeus without breaking the laws of physics. That shouldn't be something possible to achieve with Probability Manipulation unless it is on a level so potent that it allows events which should have according to everything we know a probability of zero to happen.

Probability manipulation works even if they are impossible things iirc. Duh. It is not necessary to mention that it was by probability. Probability Manip is only a fairly logical and most accurate assumption.

ChaosAyase~ said:
Probability manipulation works even if they are impossible things iirc. Duh. It is not necessary to mention that it was by probability. Probability Manip is only a fairly logical and most accurate assumption.
Well, what actually suggests it being probability in the first place?

Well, what actually suggests it being probability in the first place?

Do something impossible or something with incredibly low possibilities. Duh, discussing this is really stupid. It is too simple.

@ChaosAyase~

It isn't that simple. As far as I can tell, nothing suggests it to be Propability Manipulation and it isn't stated to be it either so why is it Probability Manipulation?

Nehz XZX said:
@ChaosAyase~

It isn't that simple. As far as I can tell, nothing suggests it to be Propability Manipulation and it isn't stated to be it either so why is it Probability Manipulation?
Dude, this is getting annoying.

The manga doesn't need to explicitly say that it was made using the Probability Manip, it's just an assumption.

Why do I assume that? Pretty simple. Probability manipulation works when you affect the chance that something will happen, whether it is something impossible or difficult to happen to make it possible, or decrease the chance that something will happen.

You understand?

In this case, the possibility that Iruma would make a suplex could be close to zero or literally nothing. The spell prevents Iruma from falling, altering the probability in some way to do everything possible (or impossible in this case) to keep Iruma from falling.

If we only gave powers to characters when the verse explicitly tells us, then many of the characters would not have their abilities here in VSB.

So Probability Manipulation is an assumption. Is Probability Manipulation the only possible assumption?

Take for example Hinoemata Tamaki.

They are different contexts, but she has Probability and Fate Manip.

The novel to which she belongs never explicitly tells us that she alters destiny, however, it is assumed, considering that it tells us that Lost Regalia is capable of denying any future event that she considers cliché.

She has Probability Manip, since Lost Regalia was able to avoid the cliche where friends go to rescue the protagonist (in this case, she had Andou, the protagonist, trapped in an alternate world), and to prevent his friends can find him, Lost Regalia causes people close to Andou to encounter distractions along the way or not to show much concern about Andou's disappearance.

The novel does not tell us that she manipulates probability explicitly, but it is assumed, since Lost Regalia makes difficult things possible to happen like different encounters followed one after another to stop the person from finding Andou.

Nehz XZX said:
So Probability Manipulation is an assumption. Is Probability Manipulation the only possible assumption?
It is the most logical that comes to mind, that, or supernatural luck.

You have another?

I would like to read it.

Well, I've been asking earlier in this thread as what sort of ability that would qualify so naturally I don't have a clear idea of what it is supposed to be. Probability Manipulation didn't come to my mind as a possible answer to my question since I didn't think of that spell as anything that works by changing the chances of something happening. All I know is that it somehow prevents the user from tripping and that it changed Iruma's position to a suplex in order to prevent him from falling.

Okay. I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Okay, I won't waste any more time on this. I have already said everything I have to say.

I recommend you write to any member of the staff and ask them for their opinion in this thread.

1. I think Resistance to Fire Manipulation should be removed.
  2. Plant Manipulation is fine.
  3. Transformation is fine.
  4. Supernatural Luck and Probability Manipulation (Due to several experiences related to danger as a child, he got the ability to avoid any danger automatically, so he can dodge all kinds of attack instantly) should just be Instinctive Reaction.
    1. He already have Instinctive Reaction so I think removing Supernatural Luck and Probability Manipulation and updating the description of Instinctive Reaction like this below:
    2. Instinctive Reaction (Due to several experiences related to danger as a child, he got the ability to avoid any danger automatically, so he can dodge all kinds of attack instantly)
  5. The spell that prevents Iruma from tripping or falling fro one day might be worth a mention on his profile. What sort of power would that be?
    1. It is not on Suzuki Iruma's profile, from what I saw; I think it can be Probability Manipulation if it is to be added like ChaosAyase~'s explained
  6. I am neutral on Reality Warping. I know depending on the context Magic have been accepted as Reality Warping like in the case of The Dovahkii. I think that CaosAyase~'s points why the Magic in the verse should not be reality warping make sense.
  7. On Supersonic speed, I think it can be to change it to Aim Dodging.

I can agree with everything you said @Elizhaa, but why remove resistance to Fire Manipulation if Iruma can resist to flames of Alice?

It was because of this argument:

• The Resistance to Fire Manipulation should also not be on his page since Sullivan strengthened Iruma's hands specifically for the Cannon Ball Execution: https://********.org/chapter/83602/8
My mistake. I rechecked the scan. Iruma's hand being strenghtened doesn't mean he was given resistance, unless there are more contexts that Sullivan can grant resistance; I am fine with Resistance to Fire Manipulation.

Even if we assume that Iruma has strength in his hands, at first iruma does not accept sullivan's magic, and sullivan only strengthened iruma's hands, I mean, that shouldn't even be assumed as sulivan's magic.

(You can see that on page 7 of that same chapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back