• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Irrelevant Speed Vs Immeaurable Speed Vs Infinite Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite speed is when a character travel/moved certain distance in a time=0,the max speed for a 3-D character; I'm not very good with dimension stuff, but Immeasurable speed is for character from the 4th dimension and above, when characters doesn't travel/move from place to place, if not that move from time to time, frompast to future, that kind of stuff; and Irrelevant speed if for character that exist out of the concept of dimensions, little known about that

Infinite Speed <<<< Immeasurable Speed <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Irrelevant Speed

Infinite Speed is the ability to perform actions in 0 seconds or being infinitely faster than light. Ability to move in an unlimited Time Stop usually qualifies as well.

Immeasurable Speed is being able to perform action where time does not exist, or being beyond 3-D concepts of distance/time. Some Tier 2's and almost all Tier 1's have this.

Irrelevant Speed is being beyond the concept of dimensions all together. Not being 3-D, 4-D, 6000-D or even Infinite Dimensional. But being beyond dimensional scale. Only characters with the Tiers "1-A," "High 1-A" and "0" can possibly have this speed.

@Ryu, moving in erased time is still infinite though, just look at Giorno. The requirement for being Immeasurable is to be completely transcendental to the space, time, and causality of a universal continuum. I would also say a 3D character with Immeasurable speed is possible (See Wally West).

Immeasurable otherwise is characteristic of most Tier 2s, especially the higher ones like 2-A unless they are flat out omnipresent, and pretty much every Tier 1 below 1-A who isnt flat out Omnipresent has Immeasurable speed. Immeasurable speed also differs between each dimension, so 5D Immeasurable is completely superior to 4D Immeasurable, for example.

Infinite Speed can also come with moving indefinitely while time is stopped, and to travel anywhere instantly, though teleportation does not count.

Irrelevant is for characters who are beyond dimensions, as to my knowledge, you need dimensions to move according to our scientific definitions for speed.

Any Immeasurable is easily superior to Infinite Speed characters and Irrelevant characters are vastly superior to any Immeasurable, even High 1-B Immeasurable.

@Fil I am not certain of the details of Giorno, however characters like Wally and Time Eater who can take action in a completely absent space time continuum have been classified as Immeasurable. But yeah I forgot to mention how Immeasurable and Omnipresent are variable levels.

IIRC, Wally was able to race towards the end of the universe and was completely unaffected by his doing so, which would probably be Immeasurable, but idk about Time Eater.

All GER did however, was move and talk in erased time, which is far less impressive than Wally West's time travel feat.

Alright then thanks for clarifying

I'm somewhat confused on how moving in erased time would be infinite. Wouldn't that be more like some type of Hax resistance?

Well, Giorno was rated as having Infinite speed after consultation with DarkLK, due to that he can move when time stands still/does not exist.

Immeasurable speed is more about being able to exceed the limits of our spacetime continuum altogether.

A comparatively minor example of this would be to be able to run through time, as the Flash is able to do. However, this is counted as a non-combat-oriented ability, if I remember correctly.

Antvasima said:
Well, Giorno was rated as having Infinite speed after consultation with DarkLK, due to that he can move when time stands still/does not exist.

Immeasurable speed is more about being able to exceed the limits of our spacetime continuum altogether.

A comparatively minor example of this would be to be able to run through time, as the Flash is able to do. However, this is counted as a non-combat-oriented ability, if I remember correctly.
Thanks

It depends on how high a level of reality it encompasses. That is why it is kept separate within the speed page.

Well, can I slip in this old thread? Basically if you become omnipresent on a 1A scale, you won’t get irrelevant speed because that’s more to the presence

If a necro occurs, it usually have to been closed for a thread that already serves its purpose.
Ouh I understand, thanks, I just wanted to correct a little bit about their misconception about irrelevant speed, because there are some who assume when an omnipresent character on a scale of "1A" automatically gets irrelevant speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back