• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gargoyle One said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Surviving in the center of the sun is a 6-B and below feat? That doesn't sound right.
The Sun is just really hot, not really anything spectacular by comparison to fictio
... no.

We're talking about the center of the Su. Heat is hardly the only thing you'd factor in. That calc did not take into consideration the massive amounts of pressure there, it's just assuming she's just in a really hot area and nothing else. I'm confused why no one else thought about that.

Either way, Iron Man outranges it and nukes it repeatedly until its gem shatters.

The Sun is just really hot, not really anything spectacular by comparison to fictio
... no.

We're talking about the center of the Su. Heat is hardly the only thing you'd factor in. That calc did not take into consideration the massive amounts of pressure there, it's just assuming she's just in a really hot area and nothing else.

Not sure you can calc pressure tho.

I gotta check that with some calc group member actually.

@Dargoo Scans or it didnt happen. I gave my scans now its your turn.

Also White can fly and amp its speed by turning into light so him being able to stay out of range isnt likely at all.

They were already linked above, though. It just wasn't considered that they were performed by people of comparable AP to Iron Man.

Does it actually turn into light during combat, though? And while it's trying to attack Tony it would be getting hit repeatedly with attacks decently above it's dura while it's only trying to close distance. Meanwhile Tony can absorb its energy attacks to gain power and can spam projectiles, AOE attacks, and bean attacks,

You'd need a calc of the temperature my guy otherwise you cant really argue that it'd be hotter than what he's already confirmed to resist

Yes it does. Also, scans of this armor in particular heing able to harm intangibles? This isnt the Model 51 so you really cant say that since an older model hit Kitty, this one can too.

Dargoo Faust said:
Iron Man fires beans out of his palms when he needs to make himself a sick burrito, obviously.

beam attacks
Ah, yes. Homeworld's true weakness.

>Remembers one of the early episodes where they beat some low level gem monsters with bagel sandwiches

Click on the calc on his profile, you'll get the energy he can survive. He aborbs energy from people of similar AP, ergo he'd absorb White Light's energy/fire based attacks.

White Light gets hit by the gems all the time. It isn't staying intangible forever and it certainly doesn't abuse it in battle.

@Dargoo The link on his profile is from an attack that nearly killed him, if he takes something like that he will not survive.

You have no proof that he can resist White Light's attacks, AP =/= Heat or voltage.

Still waiting for proof Tony can hit it when it goes intangible.

Every single armor is a far better and improved version of the previous and they are capable of doing the same thing but better.

It would not make sense for someone like Stark that obsessibely improves every detail for any possible threat to build an armor unable to do such a basic capability of a previous model.

The only armors that can pass this rule would be the busters, shapeshifters, and stealth suits that have very specific and complex technology for special task. Hence the existence of Model Prime.

I'll get scans when I get back to my place.

Heat is a form of energy. AP is measured in joules, a measurement of energy.

@New And yet the only the only armor that is ever stated to have all the functions of the previous armors is the Model 51

Newendigo said:
Model 8 can resist the heat of re-rentry, his Unibeam with 73% of power can generate a heat of 10,073 K┬░ without any backlash, and Model 43 can casually walk around solar flares (Can't find the link).

Model 8 ca absorb a blast Of 1.000.000 volts worth.

And of course, Model 45 is >his armors.
Here's the scans.

Garnet's best feat is surviving in lava; the center of the sun feat is unqualified until someone calcs the pressure and determines if it's an outlier.

This whole line of discussion is rather useless, though, seeing as White Light won't even be in-range to use most of its abilities.

Is just coWeeklyBattles said:
@New And yet the only the only armor that is ever stated to have all the functions of the previous armors is the Model 51
Is just common sense.

Most of his armors have shown the same powers and capabilities, and from someone like Stark, it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that they are able to do the same thing, unless its specifically stated.

Oh, whoops.

Iron Man: 2 (Gargoyle, Dargoo)

White Light - 1 (I assume Weekly)

Why are we even mentioning the pressure of the Sun? It was just a way to describe the temperature range Garnet can take, nobody said she can take the pressure, or that she ever actually was swimming in a star

The statement was that she can "survive in the center of the sun with no issue", not "she can survive the temperatures at the center of the sun". There's a pretty big difference between the two; one is likely a huge outlier, the other is just insane heat resistance.

Dargoo Faust said:
The statement was that she can "survive in the center of the sun with no issue", not "she can survive the temperatures at the center of the sun". There's a pretty big difference between the two; one is likely a huge outlier, the other is just insane heat resistance.
You need to look at the actual source. WoG quote was "To get the level of heat needed to relax her, she has to immerse herself in the liquid core of a sun, which she doesn't get to do too often. Very few Earth spas offer liquid sun baths."

Dargoo Faust said:
To the level where he outright negates them from higher tier characters and gains energy from them.
^About this:

There were other intances such when he absorbed both Spectrum and Human Tourch energy to blast through a mountain in his Model 4, when he drained Power Cosmic from Silver Surfer and injured him from doing so, and when he stopped Mjolnir being throwed at him by absorbing all its kinetic energy.

Basically, his energy absorption has shown to reach Tier 5 and tops Tier 4 (Briefly tho) in many occasions.

Back