• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fusions are shown to be far stronger then just there parts combined. If Garnet was Ruby and Sapphire's AP combined then she wouldn't be nearly as strong as what we place her as. I'm not even sure she'd be 6-B if that were the case.

I know that they are stronger.

What get me is that you said that she stomped Lapiz. When and how the hell Malachite fought Lapiz?

Newendigo said:
I know that they are stronger.

What get me is that you said that she stomped Lapiz. When and how the hell Malachite fought Lapiz?
I never said she stomped Lapis. I said she would stomp Lapis based on how we know fusion works. When Ruby and Sapphire fuse they go from low-end 6-C's to a mid end 6-B, showing that a fusion is more than capable of stomping there individual components.

>Iron man is 10.5x stronger than Lapis' AP

Preeety sure scaling doesn't take you up that far.

What can White Light do hax-wise that Iron Man can't do better?

Create perfect clones of Tony with all his powers out of hard light

Lower his physical durability

Turn into pure light

Turn intangible

Inflict burn, paralysis, and poison status effects

>Implying White Light can make clones with ten times more energy than it can produce

As for the other stuff:

Iron Man powernulls.

Energy Absorbtion.

Non-Physical Interaction.

Resistances.

Dargoo Faust said:
>Iron man is 10.5x stronger than Lapis' AP

Preeety sure scaling doesn't take you up that far.

What can White Light do hax-wise that Iron Man can't do better?
You need to be 5x stronger to stomp. Malachite logically stomps Lapis. White Light is casually stronger than Alexandrite who's equal to Malachite. Checkmate.

As for hax, I'll check real quick.

You don't need 5x AP to Stomp.

Look at the One-Shot page, you can't scale up in fiction like that. Otherwise I could scale up 8-C characters into 7-C with chains of stomping.

We can only say "White Light is much more powerful than Lapis, but we can't say exactly by how much"

Dargoo Faust said:
You don't need 5x AP to Stomp.

Look at the One-Shot page, you can't scale up in fiction like that. Otherwise I could scale up 8-C characters into 7-C with chains of stomping.

We can only say "White Light is much more powerful than Lapis, but we can't say exactly by how much"
Didn't we have a thread about this? I thought this was accepted?

It was hotly controversial and wasn't accepted.

I proposed using 10x as an example, but not as a solid definitive number as fiction hardly works like that. Only when you use massive extremes does the logic work out.

Especially in-verse; that rule was only for VS debates, if you could scale up 5x every time a chracter got stomped you could take 10-B characters and get them to Tier 7 in hardly any time.

Yes, you did

The Wright Way said:
To be specific it's above Alexandrite, who's equal to Malachite who completely stomps Lapis Lazuli, who is casually 35 Pettatons with a cracked gem.
Now get off folks, the Iron Man expert is going to talk.

99% sure this iron man doesnt have power null

Hard light =/= Energy

Iron Man has no resistance to status effects on his profile

Ah.

I strongly doubt White Light can lower Iron Man's durability significantly to close the gap here.

"Resisting Status Effects" isn't something you need to resist status effects. He just needs to resist the end-results of the stat effects and how they operate.

For example, paralysis come from "Blue Shock", firing an electrified orb at its enemy. Iron Man resists electricity to a huge degree.

Poison comes from scorpions that won't even pierce Tony's Armor or get near him.

He resists heat to a large degree, and a fireball won't inflict burn on him due to that.

The DEF lowering doesn't seem very significant either, and its one of many seemingly random attacks.

@Dargoo I think youre misunderstanding how close they actually are in power. Tony was nearly killed by a 300+ Petaton attack. White Light is so far above Alexandrite that it believed that her fighting as hard as she could to destroy Light was just a test so it didnt go all out on her and it still nearly killed her, with Alexandrite being equal to Malachite who is immensely above Lapis to the point of being able to tank Lapis' high 6-A water manip crushing her for months on end and she wasnt damaged, with Lapis herself having an extremely casual 35 Petaton feat while weakened and severely injured due to having a broken Gem. Theyre not as far apart as you think.

Yes, Light can lower Tony's durability significantly.

Seeing as theyre also High 6-A, yes they can pierce his armor.

I'm not misunderstanding it by any means. You can claim "White Light is ridiculously above 35 PT", but you can't claim "White Light is close to someone X times above said feat". The best you can say is that the gap isn't massive enough for a one-shot, due to how stuff like scaling works in fiction.

To what degree?

Welp, they're not piercing his armor while he's in the air, then, which is how he does combat most of the time.

Also, Iron-Man outranges White Light by several kilometers; he just flies into the atmosphere and nukes it from above.

Now now, the Iron Man expert is going to give his judgement.

Yes, Power Null is not part of Model 45 set, but he doesn't really need it.

As Dargoo mentioned, gap is over 10x, and even you said that feat nearly killed Tony, and highball all the chain scaling of WL, the difference is so huge that it doesn't even matter.

WL fire and Electric attacks, aswelll his his status effects are complety resisted and absorbed, futher increasing Tony's already huge strength advantage. Its intangibility is also bypassed by Tony as an older armor is capable of harming Kitty pride in her phazing stated.

It also gets outranged, has to deal with spammble forcefields, armor Regenerationn, and of course Tony's smartass brain.

The gap is definitely not 10x. The scaling chain is that of:

Light is so casually above Alexandrite what it thinks her full power is just her casually training > Alexandrite = Malachite who was undamaged by full power lapis attacking her constantly for several months nonstop > Lapis while immensely weakened and damaged has a super casual 35 petaton feat

Tony is much lower than the 300 Petaton feat as the feat itself nearly killed him, and Light has dura lowering to make it even closer

To what level does Tony resist these attacks?

To the level where he outright negates them from higher tier characters and gains energy from them.

Yes but to what extent? It can burn Garnet who can swim in lava and survive in the center of the sun with no issue

First,is 370 pettatons, not 300, you are lowballing it for now reason.

Second, while the thing damaged the suit, he still took the whole thing, so I don't see why it cant do the same with WL, not even taking into account the fact that he can resist and absorb its attacks.

Model 8 can resist the heat of re-rentry, his Unibeam with 73% of power can generate a heat of 10,073 K┬░ without any backlash, and Model 43 can casually walk around solar flares (Can't find the link).

Model 8 ca absorb a blast Of 1.000.000 volts worth.

And of course, Model 45 is >his armors.

The heat of a solar flare is 3.6 million to 24 million degrees F, the heat of the core of the sun is 27 million degrees F. If thats the best heat resistance feat hes got he's not going to be able to resist being burned.

1,000,000 volts is 1/10th the amount of volts in the lightning Garnet has casually no sold, if thats the best electricity manip resistance feat he's got, he's not resisting White's electricity either.

All thosefeats were casual things for older and inferior armors, so he should have a far greater resistances, and I'm pretty sure that modern armors should have better feats anyway.

Plus he can also absorb the energy to increase physical strength and forcefields, so he can tanks the attacks more easily.

Btw, WL is still outranged, and Tony can absorb things from distance, so he can safety drain its energy without needing to worry about stuff, while weakening WL.

Gonna need some evidence of them having better feats otherwise its worth about as much as the AP scaling for White Light

And light can lower his durability as well as have him absorb energy that freezes things it touches

>It can burn Garnet who can swim in lava and survive in the center of the sun with no issue

When the heck did that happen?

Can you link that?

(Also isn't surviving in the center of the sun a huge outlier, and would put her waaayyy above her rating?)

how would it be an outlier? Its one of the numerous tier 6 feats in the series plus Garnet has gone swimming in lava multiple times

Gimme one second to find it

Surviving in the center of the sun is a 6-B and below feat? That doesn't sound right.

Where was that calc'd/proven?

In which case that feat would be far below Iron Man's casual energy absorption from people comparable to him.

Dargoo Faust said:
Surviving in the center of the sun is a 6-B and below feat? That doesn't sound right.
The Sun is just really hot, not really anything spectacular by comparison to fiction

Back