• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigshroomsticc

She/Her
I figured I might as well make this since I feel a lot of his armors should be higher than they are, but I'll start with model 2.

My first point is Iron Man's magnetism. He would use this a lot in the old days as he did against Hulk, Thor, and Namor: It allowed him to trap and leave powerful characters helpless for a limited amount of time. In one instance his suit was even low on power when Namor attacked it (which makes it weaker) and still was capable of tanking Namor's hits. Namor beat on Iron Man (after he drained his energy with magnetism) to no avail. In Fantastic Four (1961) issue number 26 his magnets make Torch hurl away uncontrollably.

This suit is the upgrade from Model 1, which also had good feats and magnetism in contrary to how weak people think it is:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron...n-respect-thread-model-2-golden-armor-1883398 (it's a respect thread about Golden Model 1, but noone1996 just decided to call it Model 2 for some reason).

All in all, I think Model 2 should be upgraded to tier 6-C (or higher when using magnetism). It's not like Hulk, Thor, and even the Thing (who probably needs an upgrade too) don't have feats far above island level, so it shouldn't be too unreasonable in my opinion. I haven't even gotten into how the newer version of model 2 in Superior Iron Man was able to physically take down Teen Abomination (who fought Gentle, Namor, She-Hulk, and Grey Gargoyle, even having the upperhand over the latter 3).

I figured I might as well make this since I feel a lot of his armors should be higher than they are, but I'll start with model 2.

My first point is Iron Man's magnetism. He would use this a lot in the old days as he did against Hulk, Thor, and Namor: It allowed him to trap and leave powerful characters helpless for a limited amount of time.

I mean this just isn’t Attack Potency, it’s locking them in the air and making them spin. Would be LS except you yourself can see, as long as Namor and Hulk grab something to readjust themselves they overpower it.

‘s just a smart use of telekinesis, essentially
In one instance his suit was even low on power when Namor attacked it (which makes it weaker) and still was capable of tanking Namor's hits. Namor beat on Iron Man (after he drained his energy with magnetism) to no avail.
Namor’s not good scaling though, dude has the Dr. Doom “fight every superhero ever” thing going, except unlike Doom he can’t even invalidate scaling by going “Doombot”

Dude’s genuinely just that inconsistent, he breaks scaling.
In Fantastic Four (1961) issue number 26 his magnets make Torch hurl away uncontrollably.
Again that’s just TK
This suit is the upgrade from Model 1, which also had good feats and magnetism in contrary to how weak people think it is:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron...n-respect-thread-model-2-golden-armor-1883398 (it's a respect thread about Golden Model 1, but noone1996 just decided to call it Model 2 for some reason).
Nah Model 1 being that is just wank, the actually impressive feats there belong to modern retellings of the same Avengers stories where Iron Man was doing fuckall, dude was struggling to hold up missiles, he’s in no way capable of Island level destruction.

A building blowing up was a threat to him, man.
All in all, I think Model 2 should be upgraded to tier 6-C (or higher when using magnetism). It's not like Hulk, Thor, and even the Thing (who probably needs an upgrade too) don't have feats far above island level, so it shouldn't be too unreasonable in my opinion.
I mean what does Hulk and Thor’s tier have to do with this? They actually show shit close to the level of busting galaxies.

In general do you know most vs. debating circles make distinctions like “Classic Hulk” and “Donald Blake Thor”? They had a notably far lower capabilities than their modern incarnations, and are noted to be distinct altogether. So for all intents and purposes your scaling currently is off two unkeyed folks and a laughably inconsistent one. Just doesn’t work.

I haven't even gotten into how the newer version of model 2 in Superior Iron Man was able to physically take down Teen Abomination (who fought Gentle, Namor, She-Hulk, and Grey Gargoyle, even having the upperhand over the latter 3).
Stark actually upgrades his past armors across the years offscreen, that’s how Model 1 was able to match Iron Patriot. Not a stretch to say Model 2 was upgraded as well.

Impress seems to make sense above.

So should we add magnetism manipulation to Iron Man modell 2, and then close this thread, or is there anything else to do here?

Impress seems to make sense above.

So should we add magnetism manipulation to Iron Man modell 2,
File already lists it actually
and then close this thread, or is there anything else to do here?
Should wait for the OP to respond since they have further points, supposedly.

I’ll also have to gather a few scans ig to back up a few things I’ve said, they were discussed in the OG armorsplit thread but having a hard time tracking them down ever since

I mean this just isn’t Attack Potency, it’s locking them in the air and making them spin. Would be LS except you yourself can see, as long as Namor and Hulk grab something to readjust themselves they overpower it.

‘s just a smart use of telekinesis, essentially
Fair enough
Namor’s not good scaling though, dude has the Dr. Doom “fight every superhero ever” thing going, except unlike Doom he can’t even invalidate scaling by going “Doombot”

Dude’s genuinely just that inconsistent, he breaks scaling.

Nah Model 1 being that is just wank, the actually impressive feats there belong to modern retellings of the same Avengers stories where Iron Man was doing fuckall, dude was struggling to hold up missiles, he’s in no way capable of Island level destruction.

A building blowing up was a threat to him, man.
Wolverine is at Galaxy tiers and he can't really destroy a galaxy. Anyway I see your point though.
I mean what does Hulk and Thor’s tier have to do with this? They actually show shit close to the level of busting galaxies.

In general do you know most vs. debating circles make distinctions like “Classic Hulk” and “Donald Blake Thor”? They had a notably far lower capabilities than their modern incarnations, and are noted to be distinct altogether. So for all intents and purposes your scaling currently is off two unkeyed folks and a laughably inconsistent one. Just doesn’t work.
Well since you scale the older versions differently it all makes sense now. "Classic" Thor did get better feats later on I think, but anyway unless you want to add something for the upgraded model 2 that was in Superior Iron Man then I guess I concede.

Although I heard some of the newer armors like Bleeding Edge were ranked continental before. What made you downgrade them to city level? The newer armors should probably both scale and just have feats of above that tbh. The armor that came before Extremis for example has feats of KOing a very enraged She-Hulk with a punch and vaping Hyrm the Giant's leg with a repulsor blast. Hyrm (just some issues prior) was able to survive a multi-mountain busting explosion caused by multiple Mjolnir type weapons and wasn't nearly as damaged. Some of the even older armors had feats as good or even better than that (at least quantifiably).

Although I heard some of the newer armors like Bleeding Edge were ranked continental before
The Multi Continental Iron Man calc were deemed invalid. I think the Silver Centurion was yeeted because of debatable sizes and whether or not the Manhattan size statement should be taken literally. And the second one was missing context or something

Wolverine is at Galaxy tiers and he can't really destroy a galaxy. Anyway I see your point though.
Wolvie's claws don't have antifeats though, incomparable case :v
Well since you scale the older versions differently it all makes sense now. "Classic" Thor did get better feats later on I think, but anyway unless you want to add something for the upgraded model 2 that was in Superior Iron Man then I guess I concede.
Nah, too minor
Although I heard some of the newer armors like Bleeding Edge were ranked continental before. What made you downgrade them to city level?
Calcs were wonk, took some descriptors by unreliable authorities as literal, had really wonk results and scaling, and some had straight up misassociation.
The newer armors should probably both scale and just have feats of above that tbh. The armor that came before Extremis for example has feats of KOing a very enraged She-Hulk with a punch and vaping Hyrm the Giant's leg with a repulsor blast. Hyrm (just some issues prior) was able to survive a multi-mountain busting explosion caused by multiple Mjolnir type weapons and wasn't nearly as damaged. Some of the even older armors had feats as good or even better than that (at least quantifiably).
Extremis armor also has a **** ton of antifeats at High 8-C and against High 6-C scaling though, don't think it works

's not a notion that they have feats, 's a notion that their consistency middles out at tier 7. Iron Man's kinda isolated in his direct tiering anyway.

Last edited:
The Multi Continental Iron Man calc were deemed invalid. I think the Silver Centurion was yeeted because of debatable sizes and whether or not the Manhattan size statement should be taken literally. And the second one was missing context or something
Before Silver Centurion his previous armor had feats of shattering mountains with he shockwaves of his punches, which is shared a feat with the Thing (although the shockwaves didn't come until Iron Man joined the fight) and it also punched a man-made island hard enough to send cracks throughout it despite holding back in order to not kill everyone A few might be hyperbole, but Iron Man actually did multiple mountain+ feats. Iron Man also physically fended off/tanked West Coast destroying on two different occasions. One was a modern showing and the other was during classic times.

To be honest I'm just trying to understand how he's so low with some of his armors despite his scaling and good feats.

Before Silver Centurion his previous armor had feats of shattering mountains with he shockwaves of his punches, which is shared a feat with the Thing (although the shockwaves didn't come until Iron Man joined the fight) and it also punched a man-made island hard enough to send cracks throughout it despite holding back in order to not kill everyone A few might be hyperbole, but Iron Man actually did multiple mountain+ feats. Iron Man also physically fended off/tanked West Coast destroying on two different occasions. One was a modern showing and the other was during classic times.

To be honest I'm just trying to understand how he's so low with some of his armors despite his scaling and good feats.
Could you at least show scans?

Before Silver Centurion his previous armor had feats of shattering mountains with he shockwaves of his punches
Scan for that?
, which is shared a feat with the Thing (although the shockwaves didn't come until Iron Man joined the fight)
I mean could just be Thing ramping up mid-combat, no?

Shockwave feats are wonk anyways since the notion becomes, why aren't there shockwaves everytime they fight
and it also punched a man-made island hard enough to send cracks throughout it despite holding back in order to not kill everyone
That's calced at High 8-C actually, small island.
A few might be hyperbole, but Iron Man actually did multiple mountain+ feats. Iron Man also physically fended off/tanked West Coast destroying on two different occasions.
Lol that's an outlier if one of the members was Wonder Man, dude's one of the strongest High 6-Cs period, stomping out most folks currently listed the tier.

Otherwise don't think WCA had any impressive members strengthwise
Alotta missing contexts in his feats, tbh. They just look way more impressive face value.
Like it's alot of stomping and getting stomped, very rarely is someone = to him, 2000s anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back