• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, so, before we begin, this is not a thread trying to grant supes Invulnerability, but rather to show what this could mean in-universe, and how it would affect certain characters.

Speaking of characters, let's establish which supes would be relevant for this discussion:
  • Homelander: Referred to as invulnerable
  • Translucent: Self referred to as invulnerable
  • Victoria Neuman: Stated by M.M. that she might be invulnerable
  • Sam Riordan: Referred to as invulnerable
  • Soldier Boy: While not officially referred to as invulnerable, his multiple resistances and status as 'second strongest' may still useful for this discussion
  • Jordan Li: They're actually called "indestructible", but some feats may help in the discussion (but whether or not they would be affected by this in end is up for debate)
Now, what does it mean to be invulnerable in The Boys and what does it imply for such characters? Based on the first three statements, and what the characters represent in the story, it seems that being "Invulnerable" here means "really hard too kill due to sheer durability and resistances". For example, Translucent was extremely complicated for The Boys to kill, as they struggled to come up with a way to get through his skin, and made multiples mentions of stuff that would fail (specifics would be explained further in the thread). Or with Neuman, where M.M. arrived to such conclusion after they failed to kill her for the past few months, which eventually let to them resorting to the supe virus, same for Homelander.

In terms of "sheer durability" it mostly seems to display in being bulletproof (though a bunch of other supes are as well, so I guess this fellas are just, better at it). But the interesting part comes from their resistances. And that's the main reason behind this thread, to see which resistances are explicitly shared between this characters, and which are likely to be shared.

Aparte from those examples of shared resistances, there two more I would like to mention:

This two comes from Soldier Boy:
This two have been only explicitly shown on him so far, but I'll address them later.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get into the specifics for each character:

Yes, she doesn't have a profile yet, but she is still relevant to this discussion, and I'm working on her profile anyways.

So, for Neuman as an invulnerable supe, I was gonna propose that she should get Likely Resistances to: Fire, High Temperatures, (limited) Electricity and Poison as well as a possible resistance to Sleep. Why? Well, for starters, when M.M. says that Neuman might be Invulnerable, he says in a conversation with Grace about a way to kill her, explaining how they fail before, and failed now with the Acid (which mind you, they got that idea from intel, meaning that they already tried/wasted some of their options). This is relevant, as practically all the stuff mentioned across this thread is accessible to The Boys (For Poison, Frenchie knows how to make Novichok and likely other toxins; for Sleep they had use Halothane at least once each season, alongside other drugs like Propofol and Rohypnol; for Acid, well, we saw Neuman; and even they have electricity with a taser rod, as seen with Translucent; they only really miss the Fire, and I mean, Butcher used incendiary grenades, so, there's that). This repeated failing at killing her, as mentioned before, let to them concluding that she might be Invulnerable, and that the virus is the only option.

Speaking of the virus being the only option...

Just like with Neuman, the supe virus is their only option against Homelander, but more importantly the virus isn't strong enough to kill Homelander as it is, even though it already works on supes, including Neuman.

So I think giving him the same resistances I listed for Neuman isn't too crazy, specially since Homelander has been a target for The Boys for years and they haven't find a way to kill him.

But an extra addition that may help support Homelander resistances is scaling from Soldier Boy. Homelander was made to be superior and replace Soldier Boy, with Homelander himself recognizing he is the upgrade. Also, we know Homelander is made straight Soldier Boy's DNA, so this is logical.

Now, there some of Soldier Boy's resistances that I haven't addressed at all, being his resistance to Radiation and his limited resistance to Mind Manipulation.
For the first one, I was actually going to make a separate thread analyzing how a supe (radiation burns Compound V) absorbed radiation and eventually got it as a new superpower... So I'll handle HL's resistance to radiation there.

As for Mind... I'm neutral. I'll prefer to have the resistances added here to have at least some evidence for them, even if implicit, but for this we have nothing (yet). Personally, I don't agree or disagree with him having it, so I'll let it to the comments to decide.

Speaking of Soldier Boy, look, like I said, he isn't "officially" Invulnerable, both c'mon, he has to be. So I think all he is missing is a Limited Resistance to Electricity.

The OG Invulnerable supe, that got... unceremoniously dealt with. From the examples above, we would be missing resistances to acid, poison and sleep. The Boys really struggled to both kill him and even properly get rid of his remains. And dude is apparently also un-drownable?. However, is valid to point out that the Boys were working with a tight time limit, since Homelander was looking for Translucent, and Idk how many resources they had at hand at that point.

Personally, I think this resistances are valid for Translucent, but I can also understand why he shouldn't receive them. A likely or possibly could work, but it would be debated further I believe.

I know, Sam doesn't have a profile yet, but it's a WIP.

To conclude with the Gen V supes... I don't really think they qualify.

Sam maybe does, he is canonically Invulnerable after all, but like, he is also kinda featless in that regard besides electricity. So, I more neutral, if inclined to disagree, but we'll see.

As for Jordan, they "indestructible", not Invulnerable per se, so, yeah.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Back