• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible nerf (cartoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the deal. The whole 7-A AP is based on a very weird calc. In fact, even the person who originally approved it is now against it.
Like bruh there's an unfinished discussion about it about the calc not fitting the norms.
this is the one

the problem is, KE calculations are not allowed when it comes to ~relativistic speed and higher.
The reason is that in irl physics anything around those speeds stops following the normal KE stuff and technically would gain mass infinitely...whatever, i ain't a physics guy. Either way there standards that KE feats should only exist if the speed is below relativistic speeds.

Overall: the tv series should be nerfed to whatever other feat we have.

The math in the calc is fine, the issue was that iirc the destruction shown isn't anywhere near 7-A, although I can't really check since there is no link to the feat in the blog.

I recalced this on my own a bit ago since the shot used to angle size wasn’t the best imo. I got low megaton level results off Sub-Relativistic speed which is consistent with other speeds in the show. If the problem is relativism I can probably post mine as a reasonable alternative?

Relativism isn't the issue, the problem is that usually with KE if the destruction shown doesn't match up with the KE we go with what's shown, and while it's ambiguous we don't really see any destruction here

Well, because there wasn’t much to destroy? They created a crater in the moon but we don’t get enough of a clear view to judge properly.

A calc would be need it to actually show its inconsistent, no?

Anyways, if we don’t count the current Feat being used; I saw that the other accepted calc was of when he survived the orbital laser beam thing.

I dunno if they did make a crater, though. The moon seems pretty unaltered from what we see.

Here.
You can actually see the elevation become noticeably changed post impact and after Invincible gets up you straight up see that he is in the crater.

it’s probably also noteworthy that the crater would’ve gotten pulverized.

oh yeah i guess they did make a crater huh

still that's like, an 8-A/Low 7-C crater at most probably

I was gonna do this!

I agree that the verse should be downgraded, the 7-A rating is not supported by the visuals and no character is really even close to that level.
Also, Invincible should in no way scale to Omni-Man, Mark got stomped to hell by him.

Omni-Man has a Low 7-B calc.
8-A calc for Invincible himself. (Though I dunno if the KE standards would allow this here? He's just moving it really with no destructive repercussions and it isn't treated as an AP feat in the show, just LS)

Either way the Top tiers such as Omni-Man should scale to Low 7-B
Weaker top tiers like Invincible should be Tier 8, as this is far more consistent for them at the moment.

Has anyone bothered to calc Omni Man’s scene where he destroys the civilization? A friend of mine got Large Mountain level results for it.

I'm pretty sure Omni-Man's nuking of the Flaxans could be valuable for him
Shit could be seen from orbit

Last edited:
Also Omniman left the solar system in 2 weeks. This would make his flight speed deep into FTL

Also Omniman left the solar system in 2 weeks. This would make his flight speed deep into FTL
I got Relativistic results using a timeframe of two weeks and the distance between earth and the edge of the solar system. Either I ****** up somewhere or consistency I guess?

Distance to edge of solar system is around 100kAU so the speed would be

44523214285.7km/h or 41c

Also the crater made in this scene is still probably worth calculating via pixel scaling and all that, if the best feat Mark has is 8-A this should be in the same ballpark

Also I should point out that Omni Man destroying the orbital cannon could be seen from the ground

the problem is, KE calculations are not allowed when it comes to ~relativistic speed and higher.
No, only when it is SoL or Higher, as even IRL we have Relativistic stars and planets being thrown away, yes, somehow

So, I disagree with the downgrade if it's based in KE alone
i mean it is also technically based on the fact that we see no clear crater and the destruction isn't really the same either. Like the explosion we see is high 8-C at best.

Also, since when do we use human KE to determine someone's speed?

I think this situation is very similar to one of the old MCU feats, where someone survives being hit by a meteor, but the damage done is nowhere near the calc. In which case, the feat was discarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back