• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 1 amazon tv show discussion

There's nothing to agree on in the first place. It happens a certain way and that's all there is to it. This isn't even up for debate unless you want to call the characters in the story full of shit and actually wrong, and Omniman and Thaedus are most certainly knowledgeable on this, Thaedus himself is the leader of the coalition of planets and planned basically everything, when they had a plan around this. You were linked the ENTIRE comic, you have all the evidence right there, hell you have all the evidence you need in that very issue.

They use the beam to destabilize the core, in that brief window they hit the planet, due to the sudden strong impact and the core being destabilized the planet blows up. But it isn't the impact itself that blew up the planet, this would not have happened normally, it only blew up because the core got destabilized, which is just some scifi fluff in this context. But that doesn't change the fact the feat, that being the exploding planet, isn't done under their own power or in a normal situation. It was because of the destabilized core, which is unquantifiable but the key factor none the less.

Read the issue, 66-67.
And this isn't even the first time, the gun has caused "chain reactions" in things before, this isn't any different. It is durability negation, it's a beam that passes through everything, viltrumites, humans, planets.

What do you mean you want evidence? The issue was linked, they used the giga **** gun to destabilize the core and and upon hitting the core mere moments after it was destabilized, it blew up. But they had to be quick, because if they weren't, it wouldn't have blown up, and they probably would have died on impact.

My argument, is that it's literally not them hitting the planet that causes this to explode. Whatever the **** else this entails doesn't matter, but the planet exploding? Isn't them. And can't be treated as such.

Typing with an angry tone isn't going to convince me, lol.

However, you did provide the scan to convince me. Now I'm convinced this isn't just statements/an outlier/your interpretation. Looks like the beam just does "destabilize" large bodies of stone in space.

Asking for this sort of evidence is a pretty standard thing in scaling, to check for outliers or make an argument more sound. I'm not sure why it was so upsetting.

If it was up to me we wouldn't even be discussing this, in a thread, about the show.

However, you did provide the scan to convince me. Now I'm convinced this isn't just statements/an outlier/your interpretation. Looks like the beam just does "destabilize" large bodies of stone in space.

Asking for this sort of evidence is a pretty standard thing in scaling, to check for outliers or make an argument more sound. I'm not sure why it was so upsetting.
Well know you and everyone else can take it here

That isn't angry. That's being baffled I'm being asked for scans after I linked the entire comic, for things that are kinda basic information, regarding a crucial part of the topic at hand. Why are you arguing this if you aren't caught up to that point in the comic?
However, you did provide the scan to convince me. Now I'm convinced this isn't just statements/an outlier/your interpretation. Looks like the beam just does "destabilize" large bodies of stone in space
It was never my interpretation, I was saying it was a certain way because it was that way, if it was an interpretation I would have settled for possibly either or. Even if that feat didn't exist, you can't just ignore what the most knowledgeable character there is explicitly saying and outlining, which is what you were doing. Also not what an outlier is. And are you actually saying statements isn't proof enough?
Again, not an outlier. And it's a bit of an issue arguing important feats with people who aren't actually caught up. The scan I sent happened before the planet bust, and not even that far ahead, that's when they got the dude in anticipation for the fight. I shouldn't have to explain or go looking for scans on things that should be basic information.

Needless to say, I'm going to have to ask, politely, for future reference, at least get caught up before arguing so we can prevent issues like this. Of course there's not exactly many other feats where this matters, but my point stands.

It was because of the core being destabilized. The impact in conjunction with the core being unstable caused it. Literally a domino effect. One thing lead to another.
That's just you putting things together to make sense out of it as there's no proof that the planet's core being destabilized was the reason the planet exploded. The citation that was shown only said that they had to hurry before the core becomes stable as they "Could" die from the impact and like I said before....is an assumption because of the "Could" .
Objectively and demonstrably false. It can and has caused chain reactions before.
Scan?
Scientifically doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't make sense scientifically, but it doesn't change the fact that's how it happened. It did make destroying the planet far less difficult, that was the whole point, otherwise they wouldn't of been able to. And as for "it didn't show it being loose", literally impossible to tell, it all happened in like 3 panels in a split second, but given prior feats with it, that's likely what happened yeah.
The beam hitting the planet was shown and after that...if you observe the planet well. The beam hitting the planet didn't cause the planet to loose its gravitational binding energy.
Not certainly, it's explicitly not the case. You're acting like the core being destabilized actually had zero effect and was just there for the sake of it.
No, am saying that there wasn't any citation for it and that you're simply reaching borders of assumptions. The only thing that was ever mentioned for the unstable core...is that they "May die"and not that "They couldn't cause the planet to explode". It's possible for them to die and still explode the planet seeing as he's says they may not survive the impact only.
Planet was shot by the beam, the beam destabilized the core, the sudden strong impact caused the destabilized core'd planet to go boom, but only because of said core, otherwise that wouldn't have happened.
What does that mean? It means nothing, it's not real, but in context? It's everything
That would mean that the core is what is keeping the planet together but there's no evidence for that, making it just an assumption.

In the end what I am trying to say is...we don't know what the old man was talking about or aiming for but it has nothing to do with them releasing enough energy to overcome the planet's GBE and send it flying at speeds.

Last edited:
That's just you putting things together to make sense out of it as there's no proof that the planet's core being destabilized was the reason the planet exploded. The citation that was shown only said that they had to hurry before the core becomes stable as they "Could" die from the impact and like I said before....is an assumption because of the "Could" .

Scan?

The beam hitting the planet was shown and after that...if you observe the planet well. The beam hitting the planet didn't cause the planet to loose its gravitational binding energy.

No, am saying that there wasn't any citation for it and that you're simply reaching borders of assumptions. The only thing that was ever mentioned for the unstable core...is that they "May die"and not that "They couldn't cause the planet to explode". It's possible for them to die and still explode the planet seeing as he's says they may not survive the impact only.

That would mean that the core is what is keeping the planet together but there's no evidence for that, making it just an assumption.

In the what I am trying to say is...we don't know what the old man was talking about or aiming for but it has nothing to do with them release enough energy to overcome the planet GBE and send it flying at speeds.
Yo, there's a separate thread to continue this convo that is more appropriate.

If we were to do a thing on him I'd imagine it'd be like "High 7-A (Falaxan planet rush due to going at near light speeds), possibly High 6-A (stopped a meteor the size of Texas, though the context surrounding it is unknown)"

If we were to do a thing on him I'd imagine it'd be like "High 7-A (Falaxan planet rush due to going at near light speeds), possibly High 6-A (stopped a meteor the size of Texas, though the context surrounding it is unknown)"
He did say it was casual.

Has anyone calculated the satellite laser and mountain fracture?

I saw a SpaceBattles calc that put the laser in the high kiloton range for the fireball. Dunno what melting all that rock would end up as.

Mountain fracture I don't know. As a guess I'd say 7-C or 7-B though

Mark didn't lose to Nolan at all.
He was distracted by Anissa and Nolan won in that moment.
Ah, so about equal then. My point still stands, that's way later down the line after his power continued to grow.

Not even equal, you could argue Mark is slightly stronger, he fought and defeated Conquest the second time alone.
Nah, that's definitely out of context, he abused a moment weakness, he only won because he asphyxiated him by grabbing hold the exact moment he exhaled. It was just a waiting game at that point, and it ended up with Conquest literally ripping out Mark's guts to the point it took them two months to heal. And that was at a time were we knew Mark still wasn't quite up there with Nolan explicitly. So him winning due to the exploitation, and basically dying for it really seems to be the case.

Mark is => Nolan.
Gzn87FS.jpg

Yeah still not quite seeing that, Conquest kinda got Mark at his best, never Nolan.
Given Mark explicitly isn't as fast as them yet, I'm having doubts he'd be as strong as them either, no reason for that to not scale linearly given the whole "the older they are, the stronger they are", with the exception of the shit brickhouse that is Thragg. But yeah I suppose they're much closer then I initially thought.

I don't see how you can argue against a direct statement.
Almost stronger implies being at least equal, I would take Conquest's statement rather than our guesswork.

I don't see how you can argue against a direct statement.
Almost stronger implies being at least equal, I would take Conquests statement rather than our guesswork.
By actual showings and interactions. It definitely implies they not as close, but Mark does have explicit showings of not quite being up to par. Kinda goes both ways. And if Mark is only equal to Nolan later on, and he got stronger between the Viltrumite War and that scene, well, if he's only around equal after getting stronger, kinda implies he isn't quite equal prior. And it's not even guesswork, we know he got stronger as it went on, and we know he's only equal more or less later on.

That direct statement doesn't inherently say Mark=Nolan, just that he's almost stronger, he could still be a tad weak and be almost overtaking him. Plus as speed, explicitly stated and shown and even admits that his speed isn't on par.

Either way. Doesn't effect much.

Issue is that isn't how it's potrayed, even the GBE being overcome is played off as due to the core being destabilized.

It's played off almost like destabilizing made it into a bomb or something.

It is not so, Nolan says to go fast, so that there is no time for the nucleus to stabilize, that is, if it were not for the impact of the Viltrumites, the planet would return to normal.

It is not so, Nolan says to go fast, so that there is no time for the nucleus to stabilize, that is, if it were not for the impact of the Viltrumites, the planet would return to normal.
Well aware dude. And if it stabilized back to normal, it wouldn't have exploded.

See the issue? It's something they can't actually do normally, needing a destabilized core to trigger the explosion. which makes it impossible to scale it to them.

In fact, He thought the Viltrumite monarchy was based on strength, so he let Nolan win in front of Anissa.
He noticed Anissa and was put off for a brief second because it was Anissa. I don't think I need to explain why he would be put off by seeing her.

I mean I'll double check, but pretty sure that ain't why.

Well aware dude. And if it stabilized back to normal, it wouldn't have exploded.

See the issue? It's something they can't actually do normally, needing a destabilized core to trigger the explosion. which makes it impossible to scale it to them.
I do not agree. It was very clear that the problem was that they impacted the planet and survived the stable nucleus, which would need a resistance above the planet level because of their speed. The explosion and fragmentation of the planet was thanks to the flight, not the shot.

He noticed Anissa and was put off for a brief second because it was Anissa. I don't think I need to explain why he would be put off by seeing her.

I mean I'll double check, but pretty sure that ain't why.

This with Anissa had not yet happened, I interpreted it that way by what he said right after.

4U_dDOH1e5sL7SN8OMrCystZUmH3Bw_Du7ApFc0vAsN_c0ab3mAWQIUtBFRDo8S4NpGUSq-cPI-_=s1600

1Dzll3NiTnYoGbhZUYO0uHj676jwTERtVlbz3NOPG6h6a4cAKbBlJy3Uuce-asPd6piSo4r2c7xR=s1600

I do not agree. It was very clear that the problem was that they impacted the planet and survived the stable nucleus, which would need a resistance above the planet level because of their speed. The explosion and fragmentation of the planet was thanks to the flight, not the shot.
Blatantly not true. It's not even a matter of if you agree or not.
It straight up didn't happen the way you think it did.

And the very fact they would have DIED otherwise is telling enough given their durability and strength is the same more or less. With it even being a minor plot point later on when Mark throws a super powered punch with lowered dura and his arm explodes.

And the explosion was due to the shot, if they rammed it normally, it wouldn't of exploded. And the fragmentation was due to the explosion so by proxy it was them either.

Either way, you're derailing, we agreed to no longer discuss this here.

That's even worse. That literally means he just got distracted if even.

Hell given his response of "No! No! No!"
Plus the fact he's still straining even after noticing. I'd assume it wasn't exactly him just losing deliberately.

He's probably asking just to clarify given he was still actually and they were in a stalemate for awhile even before she showed up.

That's even worse. That literally means he just got distracted if even.

Hell given his response of "No! No! No!"
Plus the fact he's still straining even after noticing. I'd assume it wasn't exactly him just losing deliberately.

He's probably asking just to clarify given he was still actually and they were in a stalemate for awhile even before she showed up.
it was very clear that he lost on purpose and it was a bad performance. He literally stops working after seeing Anissa, he and Nolan were gritting their teeth so hard, after seeing Anissa he does a bad performance and loses on purpose.

it was very clear that he lost on purpose and it was a bad performance
That's why he was sweating and gritting his teeth and literally shaking? Even after seeing her?
And then going "no no no!" While sweating?

That's why he was sweating and gritting his teeth and literally shaking? Even after seeing her?
And then going "no no no!" While sweating?
Before I saw Anissa? For sure, after that he didn't gritting his Teeth anymore, literally stopped trying and did a bad performance, without even being surprised or angry. It simply says "no, no, no" without any emotion. The question after that makes it all the more evident.

It's not a manga. It's read > that way.

There's literally a panel of him gritting his teeth straining with her reflected in his eyes.
And even on page 2, he's still sweating and straining, you can zoom in and see them clearly. He's even straining visually still.
And given his panicked response while sweating. Yeah nah, he didn't throw.

It's not a manga. It's read > that way.

There's literally a panel of him gritting his teeth straining with her reflected in his eyes.
And even on page 2, he's still sweating and straining, you can zoom in and see them clearly. He's even straining visually still.
And given his panicked response while sweating. Yeah nah, he didn't throw.
No, the last panel that he gritting his teeth on is just what he sees Anissa. After that, no effort and bad performance, besides the question that makes everything obvious.

1Dzll3NiTnYoGbhZUYO0uHj676jwTERtVlbz3NOPG6h6a4cAKbBlJy3Uuce-asPd6piSo4r2c7xR=s1600

Lad, he's still visibly straining afterward on page 2. That's not the face of someone who just decided to stop trying. Plus he's still sweating visibly.

Back