• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 1 amazon tv show discussion

7881578-b70ae2f8-2fa0-4c1d-9e70-fed718b85587.jpeg

invincible show came out yesterday and the first three episodes where pretty good. So if anyone wants to discuss the show this is the place.

Pretty neat, but the pacing seems quite off for now. Hopefully, it gets better later.

Some of the changes are interesting, to see how it plays out.

First episode, the pacing was pretty fast. Too much happened in the span of one episode and felt rushed at some points. And some of the reveals were quite underwhelming compared to the comic.

Last edited:
I will admit seeing everything go from 0 to 100 at the end of episode 1 was colourful to say the least, I think folks that liked the The Boys will also enjoy Invincible tbh (as a show that "subverts" and even occasionally mocks the cliches associated with the Superhero genre).

Watched it last night, it was pretty good. I also kinda expected the gore knowing how gory Image Comics is compared to DC and Marvel. But, I haven't watched the boys though

Well, as long as it's not as bad as some animes like Index III, then it should be alright... Tho I hope they take their time with it.

Well what do you think of it so far?
Pacing issue has definitely improved over the last few episodes. Its much better than the first episode for example.

I don't really mind some of the changes from the comic, I think it works quite well here. Tho I still wish we could have gotten a more accurate adaptation lol. But that's just me.

Yeah, well, here's a simple version
  • Tanks house exploding (probably in the tier 8 range)
  • Tanks orbital laser (probably somewhere in the tier 7 range considering how big the explosion was)
  • Destroys said Orbital Laser from earlier
Forgot the rest

• Tanks orbital laser (probably somewhere in the tier 7 range considering how big the explosion was)
Forgot the rest
Well there where also the zombie cyborgs and immortal plus his other feats from the show like killing the entire fletcher race

I can't believe this show is so small here. It's perfect for power scalers.

But I guess the comic has already been scaled so people feel the show is already covered.

Forgot the rest
Omni Man also stopped a meteor the size of Texas if that helps

The size of what now?
Dimensions
• Length801 mi (1,289 km)
Width773 mi (1,244 km)
Lowest elevation
(Gulf of Mexico[4])
Elevation1,700 ft (520 m)
Highest elevation
(Guadalupe Peak[3][4][5])
8,751 ft (2,667.4 m)
Area
• Total268,596[1] sq mi (695,662 km2)
• Land261,232[1] sq mi (676,587 km2)
• Water7,365[1] sq mi (19,075 km2) 2.7%
Area rank2nd

Is the size of Texas the meteor's diameter? Its area? Does he mean the part of the American continent that comprises Texas, subterranean earth & all?

Since I'm not sure what he means by "size of Texas", let's try doing kind of a low end. 11,000 m/s, width of Texas as diameter, assume sphere, density of meteors (Also from the Calculations page.).
  • Meteors: 3000-3700 Kg/m^3
The width of Texas as diameter means the sphere has a volume of 1,007,998,220,000,000,000 (1.00799822E+18) cubic meters. Wow, a quintillion, I guess because it's volume & cubic km are more cubic meters than regular km are to regular meters, & I converted to meters. ANYWAY....

Kinetic Energy Formula: 0.5*Mass*Volume^2

That volume times a density of 3000 kg/m^3 = 3,023,994,660,000,000,000,000 kg. Wow, 3 sextillion kilograms!

Apply the Kinetic Energy Formula, & we get 182,951,676,930,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1.8295167693E+29) or around 182 octillion joules, Kinda low, but it's into 5-C Moon Level.

.... Of course, we can calculate this in other ways; What if when Omni-Man said it was "the size of Texas" he meant its area? Less likely, but supposing so, we get a diameter of 470,570 meters.
That spherical meteor ends up with a volume a few orders of magnitude smaller, at only 54,559,619,300,000,000 (5.45596193E+16 m3) 54 quadrillion cubic meters. 163,678,857,900,000,000,000 kg mass, so you only get about 9,902,570,902,950,000,000,000,000,000 (9.90257090295E+27) joules, or mid-way into High 6-A Multi-Continent Level.

Of course, it may be more likely him calling it "the size of Texas" as meant more as a statement of its diameter or length or width or such, rather than its area, but I dunno? Heck, for that matter, it may not even have been a sphere, for all I know & assume with my calculation's assumptions!

Anyway, I hope this helps.

No idea but it's certainly impressive

I'd assume similar proportions to the one Mark stopped to be safe but idk

No idea but it's certainly impressive

I'd assume similar proportions to the one Mark stopped to be safe but idk
Not sure what that meteor looks like, but good to keep in mind as a possibility.
That said, it amuses me that by the results of that calc, Omni-Man isn't even the strongest psychopathic Superman knock-off on the Wiki.

I mean he's still stronger then most of them

High 6-A alone makes him god tier of most DC Universes

The meteor Mark blocks could also be a neat help in quantifying his tier

I mean he's still stronger then most of them

High 6-A alone makes him god tier of most DC Universes
I'd assume 5-C is more likely, since what assuming the size of Texas (Its width, which is shorter than its length, that is.) gets, as opposed to High 6-A, for the area.
But either way, he still gets one-shot slapped by Captain Hero, & I, personally, find that hilarious.

I'd assume 5-C is more likely, since what assuming the size of Texas (Its width, which is shorter than its length, that is.) gets, as opposed to High 6-A, for the area.
But either way, he still gets one-shot slapped by Captain Hero, & I, personally, find that hilarious.
That’s not to far off seeing as how he described it with his hands. Plus there’s his other feat where he moves so fast that he obliterates buildings(city’s maybe) and kicks up enough dust to be seen from said planets orbit

(0:31)

That’s not to far off seeing as how he described it with his hands. Plus there’s his other feat where he moves so fast that he obliterates buildings(city’s maybe) and kicks up enough dust to be seen from said planets orbit

(0:31)

It's impressive, but....

From what it looks like, the explosions don't even cover continents, & explosions the size of buildings are things nuclear bombs (Which rarely go higher than Tier 7; All of the real world nukes combined is like, barely 6-C or so, IIRC.) can do.
Even considering we can use AP per second & Omni-Man may be achieving many of those feats in less than 1 second (Meaning we might be able to at least PARTIALLY combine their yield. Maybe?) they still wouldn't even come close to the Texas Meteor.

As for him flying where he goes fast enough to blow up buildings....
I'll admit, the blog assumes an average, 62 kg human. While the average can be as low as 50 kg in some parts of the world, in some places, it can be like, 80 kg in others (Like some parts of North America, apparently, no joke.), Omni-Man being so tall & muscular means he probably weighs more.

But even if he weighed like, 130 kg....

Peak Speed for Kinetic Energy: 0.92 c Energy: 8.646e18 Joules, Large Mountain level

That yield is for a 62 kg human going at 92% the Speed of Light; At the speed of light or higher, KE becomes unquantifiable or infinite, IIRC. I think there's FTL KE rules, but I don't recall them. Still, that there is 8.646e18 Joules (High 7-A.) yield, but even the lower end of my calc of the Texas meteor calc gets 9.90257090295E+27 Joules.

Still, double the mass would only mean like, doubling the yield.

The higher end (Which I think is more accurate because width rather than area. & also, the width of Texas isn't even the biggest measurement; A meteor with the LENGTH of Texas would have an even bigger yield.) is 1.8295167693E+29 Joules

For comparison: 9.90257090295E+27 (Again, the lower end.) / 8.646e18 = 1.14533552e9 or 1,145,335,520 (1.1 BILLION.)
Even if we double the Peak Speed for Kinetic Energy's yield to account for Omni Man's greater mass, we still get a result of like, 572,667,760.

As in, the Texas meteor calc is around AT LEAST over 8 or 9 (If not, over 11.) Orders of Magnitude (A single Order of Magnitude is typically a multiplier of 10.) greater. It's literally more than hundreds of millions, if not a over A BILLION times higher!

Unless I eyeballed the feats in that scene badly, it doesn't even come close.

There's a calculation of vaporizing a continent the size of Australia. It does come close to Omni-Man's Texas meteor feat with its yield of 6.522e+28 Joules. Multi-Continent level+
Omni-Man scaling to both of them, would be... surprising to me, considering the sheer difference, even if as feats one might have been casual, & another, very serious.
& it doesn't look like he was vaporizing whole continents in that scene to me, either.

Still, it's an impressive feat.... But hardly on the level of the other feat I mentioned previously.

Hope this helps. (No offense meant, all.)

It's impressive, but....

From what it looks like, the explosions don't even cover continents, & explosions the size of buildings are things nuclear bombs (Which rarely go higher than Tier 7; All of the real world nukes combined is like, barely 6-C or so, IIRC.) can do.
Even considering we can use AP per second & Omni-Man may be achieving many of those feats in less than 1 second (Meaning we might be able to at least PARTIALLY combine their yield. Maybe?) they still wouldn't even come close to the Texas Meteor.

As for him flying where he goes fast enough to blow up buildings....
I'll admit, the blog assumes an average, 62 kg human. While the average can be as low as 50 kg in some parts of the world, in some places, it can be like, 80 kg in others (Like some parts of North America, apparently, no joke.), Omni-Man being so tall & muscular means he probably weighs more.

But even if he weighed like, 130 kg....

Peak Speed for Kinetic Energy: 0.92 c Energy: 8.646e18 Joules, Large Mountain level

That yield is for a 62 kg human going at 92% the Speed of Light; At the speed of light or higher, KE becomes unquantifiable or infinite, IIRC. I think there's FTL KE rules, but I don't recall them. Still, that there is 8.646e18 Joules (High 7-A.) yield, but even the lower end of my calc of the Texas meteor calc gets 9.90257090295E+27 Joules.

Still, double the mass would only mean like, doubling the yield.

The higher end (Which I think is more accurate because width rather than area. & also, the width of Texas isn't even the biggest measurement; A meteor with the LENGTH of Texas would have an even bigger yield.) is 1.8295167693E+29 Joules

For comparison: 9.90257090295E+27 (Again, the lower end.) / 8.646e18 = 1.14533552e9 or 1,145,335,520 (1.1 BILLION.)
Even if we double the Peak Speed for Kinetic Energy's yield to account for Omni Man's greater mass, we still get a result of like, 572,667,760.

As in, the Texas meteor calc is around AT LEAST over 8 or 9 (If not, over 11.) Orders of Magnitude (A single Order of Magnitude is typically a multiplier of 10.) greater. It's literally more than hundreds of millions, if not a over A BILLION times higher!

Unless I eyeballed the feats in that scene badly, it doesn't even come close.

There's a calculation of vaporizing a continent the size of Australia. It does come close to Omni-Man's Texas meteor feat with its yield of 6.522e+28 Joules. Multi-Continent level+
Omni-Man scaling to both of them, would be... surprising to me, considering the sheer difference, even if as feats one might have been casual, & another, very serious.
& it doesn't look like he was vaporizing whole continents in that scene to me, either.

Still, it's an impressive feat.... But hardly on the level of the other feat I mentioned previously.

Hope this helps. (No offense meant, all.)
I mean I was just throwing it out there more as a speed feat then strength feat

Oh ****, Omniman went kinda off the rails in this. In the comic he didn't go nearly this far, for obvious reasons, but still, that was kinda excessive given spoilers.

Bruh, I haven't watched episode 8 yet
Yeah, that's why I didn't specify anything. Only that he went a bit further then he did in the comic. You should watch it though, then read the comic, because Invincible is actually quite good.

Yeah lol. Train scene was bananas.

I think from this episode and last episode, it's basically Omni-Man > The Immortal > Invincible in this show. Mark's punches couldn't even draw blood from his father unlike Immortal.

Though I've always found the durability of Invincible verse characters dubious even in the comics.

Omni-Man went sicko mode

Yeah lol. Train scene was bananas.

I think from this episode and last episode, it's basically Omni-Man > The Immortal > Invincible in this show. Mark's punches couldn't even draw blood from his father unlike Immortal.
Yeah it definitely confirms a theory of mine that Immortal and War Woman are >> Mark at this point (maybe they get a likely?)
Though I've always found the durability of Invincible verse characters dubious even in the comics.
Tbh I’ve found the AP for the comics questionable.

Especially since the main feat for 5-B (nuking Viltrum) was a combined effort on an already weakened planet

Not sure what they’d go down to tho

Omni-Man went sicko mode

Yeah it definitely confirms a theory of mine that Immortal and War Woman are >> Mark at this point (maybe they get a likely?)

Tbh I’ve found the AP for the comics questionable.

Especially since the main feat for 5-B (nuking Viltrum) was a combined effort on an already weakened planet

Not sure what they’d go down to tho
Well, the Texas Meteor feat seems like it's 5-C, so that might help find some consistency.

Back