• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Death verse downgrade to 2-B (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instant Death was upgraded to 2-A from this thread based on some very vague arguments and I'm really surprised because Idk how the hell you guys agreed to upgrade the cosmology to 2-A based on vague arguments but anyway to adresse some of Oblivion of endless arguments :

> 無数 = Countless / Innumerable / No Number / Infinite

The word 無数 not only refers to Countless most of the time but also if we look at the Japanese Dictionary instead of using some shity translators the word "infinite number" isn't even mentioned here and they all refers to "Countless" or "without number" / "innumerable".

>"It has been made clear in ISSTH that when we're talking about cosmology, 無数 ( 无数 in Chinese) is better translated as "infinite". Furthermore, 無数 in itself also means 'infinite number' in Japanese, so this further shows that "infinite" should very reasonably be the correct translation here. Something like 途方もない数 (as in Maou Gakuin) or 数え切れない would be used to mean 'countless' in such a case

ISSTH ≠ Instant Death, you need to prove that the word 無数 in Instant Death refers to infinte in Context instead of saying "this logic apply to verse A so the same should apply to verse B" which sounds like an association fallacy argument to me.

>Here's one more point that shows that the author actually meant 'infinite' universes, not 'countless' (that is to say, he meant: 無数 => 無 [No] + 数 [Number] => No-Number => Infinite).

No?

No Caption ProvidedNo Caption ProvidedNo Caption Provided
7971840-screenshot2021-05-18110919.png

Literally it doesn't.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is there isn't an enough solid evidence for a 2-A rating here in fact this doesn't even deserve a possibly rating to begin with unless there are some solid evidence for 2-A rating then never mind but if not then I suggest to downgrade the verse to 2-B again

Agree : 7

Disagree :

Neutral : 2

Last edited:
No number=infinite is blatantly wrong for me because it seems like just endless universes(aka 2-B) but I will wait Instant death supporters for counter arguments

So yeah anyway. I just checked the raw version of Clearing an isekai and Isekai at peace where it mentioned the word infinite and they use the word 無限 (Mugen) for it, sooo... and feel free to mention one novel to me, where it mentioned the word infinite I'll check the raw version

Neutral for now - waiting for counter arguments. Though the kanji 無数 does indicate Countless actually and the fact infinite has it's own kanji - which is 無限 makes sense that 無数 really means Countless instead of Infinite.

Reactions: Ace
1-B upgrade? Based on what?
Basically Yogiri scaling to UEG.

UEG fought Toichiro, While she fought him she destroyed higher space-time continuum that existed beyond the boundaries of the heavenly record multiverse and ascended through a endless hierarchy of higher level of continuums.

Basically Yogiri scaling to UEG.

UEG fought Toichiro, While she fought him she destroyed higher space-time continuum that existed beyond the boundaries of the heavenly record multiverse and ascended through a endless hierarchy of higher level of continuums.
Scans?

I think this shouldn't be even needed it seems the dude himself who upgraded Yogiri to 2-A will put him back to 2-B again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back