• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insect vs Bear (Goosebumps vs RWBY) One Vote Left

A Giant Praying Mantis from the Goosebumps verse lands in the rwby verse. it comes across a wild Ursa Grimm. A fight to the death then happens.

Giant Praying Mantis: 6 (@Apex_PredatorX, @The_Axiom_of_Virgo, @Popted2, @Vizer04, @Gewsbumpz_dude, @Maverick_Zero_X)

Ursa:

Rules:

Both 9-B (Ursa Minor will be used)

Speed equalized

No knowledge of each other (knowledge wouldn't help regardless)

Both in-character

Standard melee range

Battle takes place in a burned up forest (This grimm was living in a forest that's been turned to ash now)

Victory Condition: death

Last edited:
I think the Mantis is bigger and stronger than the bear and it can also use adhesive stuff to keep the bear immobilized

Vote for the PM..

1 vote.

I think the Mantis is bigger and stronger than the bear and it can also use adhesive stuff to keep the bear immobilized

Vote for the PM..

you think the bear can still win?

also apex

is it better to use a robot against slappy? (cause the biggest problem is his fear/madness hax)

Looking at the RWBY page from a glance (and the other pages linked on it) it doesn't have a calc to go off of, just that it might be comparable to creatures that can tear through steel. The mantis profile doesn't have a calc either (maybe some day I can get someone to do a KE calc on it or something idfk) but like how Apex said the mantis could still win with it being bigger, it also has the range advantage with size and the tar spitting thing that can be used to blink the Ursa if shot in the eyes or something (Grimms do seem to be biological, the praying mantis also has the advantage in that it isn't bound by that, albeit it can still feel pain). My only concern is the Reactive Evolution, I'm not a RWBY supporter so I don't know how good it is.

Looking at the RWBY page from a glance (and the other pages linked on it) it doesn't have a calc to go off of, just that it might be comparable to creatures that can tear through steel. The mantis profile doesn't have a calc either (maybe some day I can get someone to do a KE calc on it or something idfk) but like how Apex said the mantis could still win with it being bigger, it also has the range advantage with size and the tar spitting thing that can be used to blink the Ursa if shot in the eyes or something (Grimms do seem to be biological, the praying mantis also has the advantage in that it isn't bound by that, albeit it can still feel pain). My only concern is the Reactive Evolution, I'm not a RWBY supporter so I don't know how good it is.
IIRC the RE only works over long periods of time (months if not years), so I don't think it's even combat applicable unless you use an old Grimm (E.g Older Ursa's gain armour and spikes).

IIRC the RE only works over long periods of time (months if not years), so I don't think it's even combat applicable unless you use an old Grimm (E.g Older Ursa's gain armour and spikes).
Yeah I was just informed by the people in Vs Central that it takes up to months or even years. Also according to them the reasoning behind it (or the closet thing to it) is because they get stronger the older they get, which sounds more like non-combat applicable Statistics Amplification but that is besides the point.

Yeah I was just informed by the people in Vs Central that it takes up to months or even years. Also according to them the reasoning behind it (or the closet thing to it) is because they get stronger the older they get, which sounds more like non-combat applicable Statistics Amplification but that is besides the point.
Gaining strength via aging is Accelerated Development (Several profiles have this). I might be mis-remembering but I think there was a WoR short that stated Grimm "evolve/adapt" with countless battles but like you said that's besides the point.

Mantis FRA (Assuming this isn't a stomp).

Vote for the PM..

apex i realized i said at the bottom incap or death

then at the top it says a fight to the death.

so i fixed it.

the results will still be the same if it's death right apex?

Vote for the PM..

i'm just asking you since i realized i had the victory conditions be both incap and death.

then i fixed it to just death.

this doesn't change anything right?

Back