• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inorganic Physiology Addition and Removal

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
As decided here, this revision has the aim of giving inorganic Physiology to those who should have it, and removing it from those who don't.

People can also make their proposal about various characters they think should have it or not, thus you can give your opinions, but remember to link the character profile and properly explain why they should have it added or removed.

I'll start with a bunch of characters I proposed the other day as examples for the page itself.

Adding:

Regirock, Regice and Registeel: Type 1; As confirmed by their dex entries, they are hollow, don't have a brain or a heart and are entirely made of rocks, metal and ice. They have been created by Regigigas using supernatural means, therefore they are suited for type 1

Aganos: Type 1: It's a golem made of metal who replaced his pieces with rocks overtime, and, as confirmed by the official extended story, it is given life by being connected to the Astral Plane and the gem which links it is the same that allows it to be sentient
But these creatures were sentient, and the most powerful among them bore a mask with three faces—each representing one of the people who had helped craft him: warrior, inventor and sorcerer. Embedded in his forehead was a crystal called the Eye of the Ancients: a relic that connected the war-golem to a power that stood outside the boundaries of this world—an invisible tether to the Astral plane

Soul Edge: type 1; It's a sword possessed by a spirit, atm I don't have the time to find a 100% explicit proof, but you can check their profiles, the Soul Calibur wiki and videos from the game, sincer there are several showings of this.

Thomas the Tank Engine, Lightning McQueen, Alan Keane: Type 2; I'm no experts, but these are two living vehicles and a living balloon, I think they fit for type 2.

Removing:

Slappy: It's a doll made of wood, wood is organic, pretty self-explanatory

Regi's seem fine.
Aganos is fine, except for the obvious plant parts. So... I guess it's limited IoP?
Not sure about soul edge. Every picture of the sword on the profile looks like it has some organic parts. Could just be decorations, but I would like for someone knowledgeable to say something about whether those parts seem organic or not.
Thomas, Lightning and Alan should be Type 1 instead. They lack the parts to have a physical consciousness. Like, a balloon can't be sentient via physical processes, because there clearly are no such processes.
I guess removing it from Slappy is technically correct.

The plants on Aganos aren't actually parts of it, though. It was originally fully made of bronze, but replaced the missing parts with rock, which incidentally had plants on them.

Regarding the Soul Edge, yes, it has a true moving eye, I just didn't consider it because I always assumed it was somwhat still part of the demonic sword, but I guess you're right.

Anayway, thank you for the input.

What DontTalkDT accepted can probably be applied. Thank you for helping out.

The plants on Aganos aren't actually parts of it, though. It was originally fully made of bronze, but replaced the missing parts with rock, which incidentally had plants on them.
I'm judging by the images here, but the plants seem to fulfil an integral part in holding Aganos together. Killing/Destroying them might not kill him, but it looks like it would still deal considerable damage to him. (Or at least considerably restrict the structural functioning of his body)
So limited/partly inorganic physiology seems more appropiate. Or at least there should be a note regarding it IMO.

I didn't think of that, it actually makes sense and I agree.

Also, for how little popular it may be, if you or anyone has idea regarding other characters, you're free to make proposals.

I think instead of Soul Edge getting Inorganic Physiology, Inferno should be the one who gets it.
Isn't Inferno like a physical spirit, as the embodimento of the Soul Edge?
I guess it's not made of ordinary matter, but can we assume it's made of inorganic one?

Anyway, I'll apply what has been accepted so far.

Isn't Inferno like a physical spirit, as the embodimento of the Soul Edge?
I guess it's not made of ordinary matter, but can we assume it's made of inorganic one?

Anyway, I'll apply what has been accepted so far.
Inferno is like, literally a will. Not really anything organic as it's just Soul Edge's will given form. This is especially true for Soul Calibur III and IV Nightmare who is nothing more than armor with Inferno possessing it.

Nightmare should definitely have inorganic, yes, I also proposed it in a previous SC CRT, but I remember that, before doing that, the new timeline CRT had to be concluded.
My problem was with the sword itself, since it's inorganic due to being a sword but has pseudo organic parts, so I don't know if it should have inorganic or not.
Inferno is a will, but resembles more like a sort of ghost or flaming entity, I couldn't even tell if it's made of phyisical matter or not, but doesn't seem to be intangible, so I don't know. Mayye possible inorganic may be good for it.

Well Inorganic may be redundant for Inferno considering he already has Non-Corporeal on his file. But yes, SCIII and SCIV Nightmare should get it.

Back