• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inheritance Cycle verse vs Skulduggery Pleasant verse

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Inheritance Cycle vs Skulduggery Pleasant

Scenario: Alagaësia replaces Europe in Skulduggery Pleasant verse. People, Important Buildings and Objects that in SP were in Europe before are now located in Africa instead.

Mindset: Completely in character. They have a war, because [Insert plausible reason here].

State: Every character is in their prime.

Participants: Everyone in Inheritance may participate. In Skulduggery Pleasant Mortals will not get involved (however that works).

Winning Condition: Conquer all of the opponents land.

Maybe this is a good debate. Maybe this has a very obvious result. Let's see.

I'm pretty sure Galbatorix can solo the Skulduggery-verse by himself. Darquesse at full power might give him some trouble (going by what I can remember about her from previous threads), but that's about it.

Add to that all of the armies, telepaths, overpowered dragons and broken magic (by tier 8-7 standards) coming from the Inheritance side, and things start to lean in their favor very quickly.

Yeahhhh pretty much that.

Telepaths wouldn't work so well against Valkyrie due to Darq mind crushing anyone who comes in, but it works on everyone else, and as soon as IC realises SP doesn't have wards, everyone starts bursting into flames or dehydrating to death or whatever else.

Only thing I can see SP doing without Darquesse is somehow rounding up and unleashing the beasts of the void, which are incredibly to magic and should be able to stomp their way through everything except the dragons. And even then, there are some dragons in the void. Although those dragons aren't as intelligent either.

If Darq was to be involved, she'd probably make it decently far in considering her mental resistance and atomisation / EE powers, but in the end I think Gal would mind hax her.

Darquese is involved, as everyone in their prime.

That btw. also means Vile and Melancholia are involved. So, Soulsucking can be done.

Let's also not forget the book of names, thousands of remnants, maybe the scepter of the ancients, possibly a desolation engine if one gets someone to repair it and, who knows, some fanatic might just be crazy enough to unleash faceless ones.

Teleporters have big strategical value. Just consider how hard it would be for inheritance characters to get to america.

Sooo... there are a few possibilities yet unconsidered.

Oh, so this is quite literally, everything in SP vs Inheritance.

Alright. That's going to require a bit more thought than just an army of characters vs an army of characters. More of a fanfic plot than a vs battle. But I will happily attempt this.

Argeddion is definitely out though. Mega-pacifist, not getting involved.

Although I'll point out right now that Ireland is pretty damn close to Europe.

Actually, I'm going to need more info. How much information have the people of Alagaësia on the shape and geography of their new home?

Monarch Laciel said:
Although I'll point out right now that Ireland is pretty damn close to Europe.
Actually, I'm going to need more info. How much information have the people of Alagaësia on the shape and geography of their new home?
Ireland is close, but would still cost a day or so for dragonriders to reach and much longer for everyone that needs to wait for ships to be prepared. And then they can retreat. Fletcher can pretty much teleport buildings at this point, so doing so wouldn't be hard.

Their own continent remain just transfered on the new planet. Aside from that they initially have no knowledge of the geography. But considering that basically everyone knows the world map, they can get basic information out of a random persons mind 30 seconds in. Getting a map is also an issue of raiding 3 houses.

If it's their entire continent that has just substituted Europe, there wouldn't be any houses with our world maps until they've left that continent.

Ok, so is Darq separate to Val here or does Val still need to get in near death for her to come out?

Also unrelated but what are you thoughts on scaling Darq to Cadaverous?

Darq is separate to Val.

Regarding the scaling... well, she might be stronger, but she might also not be energy wise stronger.

Cadaverous magic is quite special. It essentially is something like a ritual he has to set up, prepare for and then is only able to use on the ritual ground. That it could be much more powerful than what any other normal magician can whip up with the wave of a hand is plausible.

And the fact that it can match even Abyssina shows how it can match what should be a top tier in terms of power.

Back