• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinity equivalence to higher dimensions.

Ok i understand that the tiering system at tier 1 is based around higher spatial dimensions, i also get that cosmic hierachies found in assorted light novels are similar to the system so they also fit into the category, what i was wondering is as follows:

Would beings with power that is multiple sets of cardinal infinity beyond say a weaker being, would it be in the 1 category. Ok so to be more specific: if a being is Aleph 10 times more powerful than a 3-D person, would they be at the equivalent tier of 1-B as they would have power analogous to a 13-D being?

Power don't equal higher dimensional status, maybe just power via hax but incomparable to the fully fledged creatures.

Addition of one dimension = infinitly greater than previous measurement. That is size + superior quaninity and quality.

Ok so is that the same as more than a countably infinite number of times greater, because i think that's what higher power sets of infinity is. I thought that higher dimensions are used because it relates to higher levels of countable infinity. Otherwise tier 1s could only be beings that are specifically stated to be higher spatial dimensional, despite the VN cosmic hierachies.

What i mean is could you explain the difference between the reality-fiction cosmic hierachies and higher power sets of cardinal infinity?

Also power was just a term for the attack potency.

Higher dimensional being not just "stronger" than lower dimensional. It all around more complex, quality and quantity.

3 dimensional object measured by length, width, and height has volume. 2 dimensional object don't even have volume, nor can be weighed it is infinitely inferior.

If something is infinitely more powerful than 3-D being it is infinity or High 3-A. You can multiply this infinity all you like, without additional measurement it is still 3-D.

Possibility of being 3-dimensional yet capable of affecting complex higher dimensional structures is possible.

Reality-fiction hierarchy is not infinite superiroty. The difference between layers of said hierarchy is far greater because the difference is greater than that of a 11-C and High 1-B.

Difference between reality and fiction >>> difference between zero dimensional point and infinite-dimensional thing.

Regarding your first reply: Power sets of infinity is not the same as multiplying infinity by infinity, it is literally about countable infinities larger than each other. I agree infinity * infinity is no bigger than regular infinity, but i must protest that aleph x where x>0 is larger than regular infinity.

Regarding your second reply: i thought the difference between different layers was the equivalent to the difference between multiple dimensions, otherwise all beings in VNs with this hierachy would be 1-A. It's not exactly the difference between our reality and their fiction, more like lower layers are alike to fiction to higher layers. I think.

Anyway, given this, what about dimensions is more complex in quantity and quality?

That's not the case. The difference in reality - fiction hiearchy is greater than difference between dimension. However they are still limited to timespace and are still measurable.

I just said. Additional dimension makes something infinitely larger, more complex etc. Finite 5-D object cannot fit in infinite 3-D space. It is larger. Scale should be based on energy and size. Dimensions help measure size. It is basic geometry.

The difference between reality and fiction is not the same thing as the difference between dimensions.

However. In fiction, the difference between layers where one character probably views the previous as fiction/imaginary can be comparable. However, in composite hierarchies, there can be multiple dimensions in a single layer, thetefore the difference between those layers is greater than the difference between physical dimensions.

Oh right yes i see, i was just confused by the statememt: "The difference between layers of said hierarchy is far greater because the difference is greater than that of a 11-C and High 1-B." Because you said that there are multiple dimensions in each layer. Otherwise each successive layer would be a higher order of 1-A if we assume the first layer to be a zero dimensional world.

Back