• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinitely Above Baseline 2-A not possible?

So, recently we've been getting a lot of 2-A's who are infinitely above baseline 2-A. However, that doesn't really make sense based on the tiering system. 2-A is already the High 3-A of the 4-D tiers, meaning it and of itself fulfills the role of being infinite for that tier. Infinity doesn't really work like that. Infinity + any number isn't actually more than infinity. To actually be infinitely above baseline, you would have to be a uncountable infinity stronger, which would make these 2-A's High 2-A's in reality. Is their something I'm not getting here?

High Multiverse level+: Characters who are 5-dimensional, and/or can destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size. Characters who can destroy and/or create an uncountably infinite numbers of universes may potentially also be assigned this tier, as their geometrical 5-D size can be higher than 0.

2-A is 4-D

High 2-A is 5-D

There is no end to infinity. How high into infinity a 4-D character doesn't matter they can't become 5-D, if not their verse not scale that way of course.

I don't think you quite got my point. If you take a look at our 3-D High 3-A to our 4-D High 3-A standards they show that infinitely above 2-A baseline is either actually baseline 2-A or High 2-A

That's literally not my point.

(It's also found for being uncountable 4-D infinities BTW)

Mindovin said:
High Multiverse level+: Characters who are 5-dimensional, and/or can destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size. Characters who can destroy and/or create an uncountably infinite numbers of universes may potentially also be assigned this tier, as their geometrical 5-D size can be higher than 0.

2-A is 4-D

High 2-A is 5-D

There is no end to infinity. How high into infinity a 4-D character doesn't matter they can't become 5-D, if not their verse not scale that way of course.
Exactly. My point is they can't be infinitely above 2-A unless they were uncountable, which they likely aren't

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think you can reach a higher dimension by just staking infinities above each other.
What I'm trying to say is that you can't actually have something infinitely above infinity without being uncountable, so having a AP infinitely above infinity is impossible.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Well, we're talking about fiction here, so, I'm pretty sure it is pretty possible.
If we're going by what fiction says is possible, you can be above Tier 0. This is dimensional tiering.

Also, that's not to say they aren't infinitely stronger, but that the only way they could be is to be uncountable.

What Yobo is trying to say is that it doesn't make any sense for someone to be stronger (let alone infinitely) than someone that has already "infinite power" in his dimensional plane.

Some infinities are greater than other infinities.

Sorry, I should have worded it differently.

I was told that Infinitely above one Multiverse isn't enough to High 2-A rating. You can have infinite strenght, but you are still limited by the dimension you were exists (4-D).

A 4-D space doesn't necessarily possess only one Multiverse, it could contains up to Infinite Multiverse.

Transcendenting completely that would be High 2-A.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Sorry, I should have worded it differently.

I was told that Infinitely above one Multiverse isn't enough to High 2-A rating. You can have infinite strenght, but you are still limited by the dimension you were exists (4-D).

A 4-D space doesn't necessarily possess only one Multiverse, it could contains up to Infinite Multiverse.

Transcendenting completely that would be High 2-A.
Exactly. But baseline 2-A already is infinite, so being infinitely above it would only be possible if you did transcend 4-D space.

Characters only make it into infinitely above baseline 2-A by scaling off of others though, and in the series that end up like this like digimon and SMT the 5-Ds are clearly defined as far above and transcendent even to these infinite 2-As. Simply put, we can't bump people explicitly stated to be 5D into 1-C and beyond off of scaling, and having 2-As in the same level as beings stated to transcend them doesn't work.

I never understood the idea that "infinitely above a tier = the next dimensional level". Being infinitely stronger doesn't give you another entire axis of movement.

Wokistan said:
Characters only make it into infinitely above baseline 2-A by scaling off of others though, and in the series that end up like this like digimon and SMT the 5-Ds are clearly defined as far above and transcendent even to these infinite 2-As. Simply put, we can't bump people explicitly stated to be 5D into 1-C and beyond off of scaling, and having 2-As in the same level as beings stated to transcend them doesn't work.
In that case they would be Low infinity. We can't assume they aren't High 2-A simply because people are above them. Also, what exactly was the "infinitely above baseline" justification again for those 2 again"

SMT and Digimon have long scaling chains that I do not have memorized since neither are series I'm big in to. You should be able to find them on blogs, but I think at least one character 1 shotted an infinite amount of baseline 2-As for their layer.

Fiction doesn't have to make sense, it's fiction.

Uncountable set of infinity>countable set of infinity even if you multiply that countable set by infinity from my understanding.

Even if a character was infinitely above a High 3-A, it wouldn't suddenly make them 4-D. And we have characters infinitely above High 1-B don't we? Sure as heck doesn't make them 1-A.

Yeah, I didn't know what it was for, but I remember hearing that he was infinitely above baseline for something.

Back