• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous Beast Revision

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
I think all instances of "black holes" on his profile should just be listed as details under gravity manipulation, as they don't behave nor look anything like black holes.

Immunity to disease/sickness should read resistance, even though it links to resistance.

A link of proof to his matter manipulation abilities (macro-quantum, electrons, photons, subatomic stuff, energy absorption)

Why is "boosted by teleportation" in his speed? Teleportation goes from point A to B without traversing space.

His speed should be detailed as reactions and possibly combat speed (the beast is a slow giant and a big target in games, walking down a coast in a few days isn't a justification of anything, planes can cross the coast in a few hours)

While the moon was showed to be destroyed in the future vision of the Beast, we have 0 idea on how he did it, so I'm unsure of planetary range being combat applicable.

You know we already have a CRT for this right?

You could have just mentioned there to remove them.

That said they're not even Psuedo-Holes, so I agree.

Since there main function is to break down and absorb matter, I think calling them black holes is incorrect, so I agree.

The immunity to disease/resistance comes from the fact that Conduits are immune to diseases that could wipe out the human race in weeks, and the fact that John lacks organs and has control over his atomic structure, so I think immunity can stay

Yeah, I have no idea where macro-quantum, electrons, photons, subatomic stuff comes from. Apparently, the electron thing comes from (according to Teen) the fact that John's black hole can absorb Cole's electricity attacks (which I'm pretty sure is false, since John can be attacked by Cole while he is performing the move.

The photon thing comes from scaling to Fetch, which again, makes no sense since she has a completely different power set, Second Son Conduits are different from pre-Second Son Conduits, and the fact that John and Fetch never meet.

One thing I can say, is that John was ripped apart atom by atom when he was caught in the Ray Sphere explosion, and was able to put himself back together after absorbing a few people and buildings with his "black hole," so he learn can absorb matter and control matter at the atomic level, though I think subatomic is reaching and has no evidence to back it up.

His speed is scaled from Cole due to being the strongest Conduit in existence, but he did mostly tank everything thrown his way instead of dodging, so I guess I agree.

I think possibly planet level can stay, as the only possible way for him to have cracked the moon is for him to have either a) teleport there and smash it, or b) use a blast to destroy it, either of which would require planetary range

Another thing I have an issue with is these abilities that suddenly got added:

BFR via teleportation? John has never done this.

Telekinesis? Johns only lifted things through anti-gravity field

Life force absorption? Do they mean neuroelectricty draining via Ray Field blasts?

Mind Manipulation? He's only communicated with people telepathically. Where this memory and mind control stuff coming from?

Cole can manipulate electrons. Sucker Punch stated his Thunder Drop works by absorbing electrons from the normal atoms in the air. The more he stays in contact with the wind, the more electrons he gathers and the more damage the move does. However, the link is dead, so I can't post it.

If not, then he can just be changed by to subatomic.

@Monkey

My brother got on my profile and added a bunch of stuff he was pushing a few months ago. Fell free to remove them.

I read from the infamous wiki that it is a Fantheory. So I'm very suspicious that two people on the verse had no idea and that the source for this info has disappeared.

As far as I can tell, that explanation only comes from the inFAMOUS wiki, but all other descriptions of the move (in game and from the pamphlet that comes from with the game) describes it as Cole building up power as he falls, making it so that the higher the fall, the stronger the impact. There's nothing that really implies he's absorbing electrons.

Okay, I thought it was from Sucker Punch. If it is a fan theory it can be removed as well.

Sorry for the trouble. Didn't mean to cause any grief.

LordAizenSama said:
I read from the infamous wiki that it is a Fantheory. So I'm very suspicious that two people on the verse had no idea and that the source for this info has disappeared.
Two people?

@PTSO

Well I tried doing the same for Prototype since Alex was immune to every virus/biological agent known to man except for the ones developed specifically for him, which he eventually gained immunity over, but I think a few admins said that's still resistance.

For the planet level range, I have no problem with it being there, but we have no idea on how he did it, so as such we can't definitively speculate how that can be used in a versus match.

As far as the electrons/subatomic/blah blah, I read on the InFamous wiki that thunder drop collecting electrons was just a theory, and since there's no official source confirming it, I think it's just that.

TeenAngel101 said:
Okay, I thought it was from Sucker Punch. If it is a fan theory it can be removed as well.
Sorry for the trouble. Didn't mean to cause any grief.
Don't let people on your account. :^)

@Rice

Well the Beast isn't really made out of flesh and blood, he's made out of an unknown lava-esque matter, so I'd imagine that'd give him an immunity to conventional diseases.

That's why I think "possible planetary range" works best for now

So where should we leave his matter manipulation at? He clearly can manipulate and absorb matter at the atomic level, and transmutate it into the strange matter he is composed off, but he can't absorb light to my knowledge. I need to double check the electron thing (I am currently replaying inFAMOUS 2, so I'll check to see if John can absorb lightning, though even then, I doubt that's enough for macro-quantum manipulation, since then we'd have many characters with inflated results).

Sub-Atomic is easily the most safe IMHO.

Now that this is out of the way, what else do we have left to do before we revise the pages. Second Son is still incredibly outdated.

They have 7-A and High 7-A calcs. And they should also have Matter Manipulation/Transmutation as well based on Eugene's feats of it, as well as their High 7-A calc.

I think atomic is safe. He did after all regenerate atom by atom, I don't think anything suggests he can manipulate matter better than he can manipulate himself.

As far as what the beast is made of, it would still be organic/bio based. He does feel harm when you attack him, so his skin, whatever its made out of, is similar to human skin. Plus he wouldn't have resistance to biological manipulation if it was magic based for example.

I guess atomic level matter Manipulation is good

Still, his body isn't composed of normal skin and blood, and he has shown to lack lack organs of any kind (when half of his head was blown off, we see his insides are composed of a lava-esque material, no brain or nothing), so conventional biological manipulation wouldn't work well against him.

Conventional yes, but for bio manip through other means, we don't know. Regardless of his components, all that he is, is still alive.

Can't absorb light? Wasn't light being distorted when there were those mini black holes? Or gravity holes at least? Also I disagree with John's body being flesh like considering it literally was only lava and magma. I find it doubtful considering his body is literally filled with that.

Also I'm pretty sure there's more credible sources than relying on that fan theory regarding electrons. So yeah discard the fan theory.

And I'm sure the reasoning behind the photon level thing with Fetch and scaling it to the Beast is because of comparisons. If Beast was the strongest conduit and can give anyone power and augment himself then that should be a possible ability.

Yup. So it was questionable from the start to do that unless Fetch had her powers prior to the Beast's defeat and the deaths of many. You'd have better luck with Cole and what David does with the drain neuroelectricity thing.

1. I already addressed it, the closest thing to a black hole in the series is a literal ball of black smoke. And it is like flesh, because he feels pain, which means he has a nervous system. That's like saying Heatblast from Ben 10 is immune to biological manipulation because he's a lava person. There are a ton of ways biological manipulation can be induced. We can't make a guess as to how he functions because he lacks certain properties.

2. What Gargoyle said

Back