• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In the matter of Speed Equalized.

Aparajita

VS Battles
Retired
How would this affect a character's perception?

If i, suddenly, gain the movement and combat speed of the Flash... wouldn't i be physically unable to process things around me? Unless of course, my reaction and thought speed is increased.

Now, if it is... that opens up other problems.

What about abilities that require "time", so to speak, to activate.

"As in normal humans, Banner's adrenal medulla secrets large amounts of adrenaline in times of fear, range, or stress, which hormonally stimulates the heartbeat rate, raises blood-sugar levels, and inhibits sensations of fatigue. Whereas this secretion simply heightens normal physical abilities in normal human beings, in Banner's case it triggered the complex chemical/ extra-physical process that transformed him into the Hulk." quoted from the Marvel Directory.

If the Hulk was "speed equalized" against, in the same scenario, the Flash... wouldn't his "enrage" happen much sooner?

LordAizenSama said:
speed equalised to me was always slowing down the faster char, to the slower characters speed.
Wouldn't that have the opposite effect?

The Flash is used to running at MTFL speeds... wouldn't that reduce his combat effectiveness?

well, that's what speed equalised is supposed to do?

also don't need to take it so literally, it's just fiction. should just take it for what it is, having equal speed in a match.

It is just to avoid a speed blitz scenario or out of criosity. Assume it doesn't change anything for the one who is affected.

Back