• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important New Rule

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
When making profiles here and on VS, this has been a courtesy thing I have made sure to do, and I would appreciate users here taking the same initiative when they are making pages.

If you are making a profile for a character, such as one for Goku, and you use someone's fan art, render or recolor of the character, then please credit the artists.

The way you can do this is by making the caption of the photo "Credit to (artist's name)" and then linking the person's DeviantArt or wherever you got the photo.

This is just an act of kindness towards the people who's art we're using to improve our pages and show's that this site has recognition for their hard work and talent. Along with avoiding potential bad blood between us and others.

Doing this can also help out these artists gain further attention for their pieces and introduce users here to artwork they may really like. Plus if someone were to just use something you put tons of hard work, effort and love into without even crediting you, you certainly would not feel good about that.

All in all, this is a very simple act that can bring lots of benifit to this site and others if we do, and potentially cause harm if we don't do. So I kindly ask the community to follow through with this.

@Skodwarde Thank you very much.

@Paolo While I'm no lawyer, I'm pretty sure posting a fanart uploaded on the internet for a nonprofit wiki wouldn't cause legal issues and I've seen countless wikis do so without trouble.

However crediting artists is just a decent courtesy that can benefit others and prevent issues for the site all around. So I am kindly asking people to do that if using a fanart for their pages.

Though not a regular here, i'd say it's best to try and go this route of crediting others artwork.

I've been told multiple times and have seen multiple wiki's that have done this kind of act and they never got into trouble at all.

But like Ryu, crediting others of their artwork is better than not crediting them at all as it CAN lead to trouble with the artist if they one day were to search up something related to their art and next thing they know, they see it here and possibly start stuff up here, which can be quite tiring if something happened to here going by what i've seen from time to time here.

Trust me, i had an incident where the artist of the fanart that Fll used for one of his FC's messed up his page. The way it went was not so well for me and Fll that day (especially me for being one of those "BS days" on the week of BS i had that time). So i would go with crediting them by linking to their art profile page (ex. DA) or anywhere you can try to link them to as if possible. At least this way, it shows that we're acknowledging their art and ownership of it and also giving them more recognition for their art.

Thanks a lot for the support and input. @Cross

CrossverseCrisis said:
Though not a regular here, i'd say it's best to try and go this route of crediting others artwork.
I've been told multiple times and have seen multiple wiki's that have done this kind of act and they never got into trouble at all.

But like Ryu, crediting others of their artwork is better than not crediting them at all as it CAN lead to trouble with the artist if they one day were to search up something related to their art and next thing they know, they see it here and possibly start stuff up here, which can be quite tiring if something happened to here going by what i've seen from time to time here.

Trust me, i had an incident where the artist of the fanart that Fll used for one of his FC's messed up his page. The way it went was not so well for me and Fll that day (especially me for being one of those "BS days" on the week of BS i had that time). So i would go with crediting them by linking to their art profile page (ex. DA) or anywhere you can try to link them to as if possible. At least this way, it shows that we're acknowledging their art and ownership of it and also giving them more recognition for their art.
Thanks for the explanation

@Red thank you very much for offering the help but I added it a while ago.

oh so i think it's done this discussion so i will close this open if you want @ryu

@Red thank you, but I'll leave this open, at least for a little while.

This is a rather important rule, so I'll have this thread highlighted for a short while and have users here comment if they have any input and so they can recognize and notice.

Back