• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important information about illegal streaming links

Lol, I need to do it for people to see it, I already watched it at the cinema, but it doesn't have a link on youtube so I'm sorry. And please know that I am not a man who violates copyrights I sponsored more than $ 7000 for real license, and I have a netfilx account, prime video, live tv, spotify, joox and more than 80 anime figures, and I watch movies in the cinema every week.

Andytrenom said:
What if you're linking to an image from a pirate site, but not to the site itself?
It can be done by opening an individual page in a new tab and copy pasting the URL
I think the only issue here is directly linking to the site. Videos on youtube and google images on a singular tab or other images which don't open the piracy site should be fine. But it's always better to upload such images to the wiki imo.

Just to clarify, our main priority is to replace or remove links to sites that host TV series and movies illegally. Or those are our exact orders at least.

Replacing manga and comicbook links can come later.

It would turn harder to have proper scaling discussions without linking to the evidence when it comes to said manga and comicbooks in any case, yes, but we have technically not been forbidden from doing so yet, and it can be resolved by stating "please look up this issue at ***************", "please look up this chapter at *********", or similar.

I don't know if any content I've posted has this issue -Hopefully not, I usually try to use Youtube when possible & avoid Kiss & the like- but a Calculation Blog being invalid can cause problems for profiles, & source replacing can be an issue.

Obviously, video to GIF or uploading the content necessary for a Calculation Blog to the Wiki itself can be an option, but losing a link that may have been hard to find or access may be a problem, & a big delay where a blog is sourceless may also cause issues for profiles that cite it.

Would it be possible, for, in the event that a Calculation Blog or such contains such an unpermittable link, that the blog's poster -or other relevant user- be alerted of the necessity for the link's removal &/or replacement?

I think that alerting the blog owners seems like a good idea.

Ah. Is via their Message Wall acceptable &/or recommended, since, unlike a comment in a blog, that creates a notification for the user?

I have now received a reply that we should preferably remove the links to manga and comicbook hosting sites as well. Beyond the copyright concerns, those sites are havens for malicious ads and software, which is a major part of why Fandom wants to avoid linking to them.

Antvasima said:
I have now received a reply that we should preferably remove the links to manga and comicbook hosting sites as well. Beyond the copyright concerns, those sites are havens for malicious ads and software, which is a major part of why Fandom wants to avoid linking to them.
I use adblock so I never notice the malware ads, but makes sense to do so

I also use Adblocker, but I agree that a lot of watch Anime/Manga online for free as well as various Emulator providing sites have been infamous for virus infecting adds.

I also use a good adblocking program.

Anyway, I was told that there is no stress, but help with doing something about this problem long-term is very appreciated.

Qawsedf234 said:
Basically
  • A single image (from the wiki, blogspot, whatever) is fine (or a a small album)
  • A gif or YouTube video is fine (though most YouTube stuff gets taken down)
  • Any link, either direct or in support of using those sites are not allowed. So no Kisscarton/********* links, no ********/*********** links, and no Readcomics links. They need to be removed

So these two aren't okay:
None of them are okay.

*********** is officially defunct and has been shutdown, so thats no longer a concern at this point.

So you only have to worry about ********.

Well, it is encouraged to use single scans with evidence uploaded to this wiki as replacements, rather than removing the links completely.

Probably also suggest to not link to youtube if they contain full episodes, as the associated channels can get taken down. Yes, some channels already got taken down because of that (Everyone: thank you vsbw). They may even take down channels if they are just clips, but don't hold your breath on that.

Back