• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important announcement to our community (Kek)

No problem.

Any staff and prominent members here with less than 100 edits in the VSB wiki should probably very quickly edit their user pages a lot of times in order to reach that high though. Just to make sure in case Fandom isn't able to accommodate all of our wikis at the same time in that regard.

Yes, and do so very quickly. I think that I will receive a user list to check through in the coming days.

It means you have 63 edits on the "Bob The Wiki Builder" whereas you have 133 in VSBW/JBW. It only shows how much edits you have on the wiki you are currently.

There is also the option to see your global edit count in VSBW, but that's besides the point.

so wait, if we're gonna have forums on another site does that mean we won't have to follow FANDOM's rules about talking on the new forums since we're gonna be in a separate place?

and would images we upload on the new forums not appear on the wiki?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
If I already have over 100 edits on VSBW do I have to get over 100 edits here on JBW and on FC/OC as well?
No, just on VSBW.

Yellowpig10 said:
so wait, if we're gonna have forums on another site does that mean we won't have to follow FANDOM's rules about talking on the new forums since we're gonna be in a separate place?

and would images we upload on the new forums not appear on the wiki?
We will still have the same rules, both for practical reasons, since everybody being increasingly toxic to each other is a bad way to keep the community together, and because the forum will still be affiliated with Fandom, so they will require it.

The current plan is that we upload images to the wiki and then link to them in the new forum, in order to save running costs and to protect ourselves from copyright concerns.

So, is there going to be some way to separate the JBW, FC/OC and VSBW forums from one-another? I'm assuming so.

Here is what it currently looks like. Further down the page there are headers for Joke Battles and FCOC as well. That is just the draft version though. We still have some work to do.

Well, I think that XenForo is likely better than what we have now in itself, once we get used to it. The problem is that it won't be as convenient/integrated to access.

So any news on what will happen to our edit counts?

Will forum-based edits be expunged entirely?

This isn't hugely important, just a little tidbit I'd like to get out of the way.

@Ehn

I do not know. Sorry. XenForo is customisable though, so we can add new features if we really need them.

@Crabwhale

I do not know. The new external forum seems to count how many posts we have made previously though.

Here is the script: https://dev.fandom.com/wiki/WikiaNotification

Yeah, I was going to update it earlier, but I was incredibly busy today and forgot.

I will be going to sleep now, so I will update the Community Corner now. However it would be appreciated if another staff member could take care of the script.

Thanks. Remember to use double empty spaces/lines between the columns though, or the text turns nearly unreadable.

Back