• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important announcement about notifications and other issues

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
As I am still getting reports that people are not getting notifications from threads properly, I wanted to clear it up. This is a XenForo thing and those who have used NarutoForums or other such forums before may already know about it. Once you receive a notification from a thread and you ignore it ( i.e. don't visit the thread to see the new comments) then it gets buried down there forever and you don't get notifications for that thread anymore (unless of course you later visit that thread to see the new comments). We are waiting to see if we can find a better plugin that can solve this problem.

What can be done?

I would strongly suggest to keep track of your watched threads list: https://vsbattles.com/watched/threads

Inkeddsg_LI.jpg

Here you can find all the threads that you are following and the threads that have received new comments after you last viewed them are written in bold. They are also sorted according to the time of last reply. Keeping track of this list basically means keeping track of all of your watched threads and you don't have to worry about missing a notification. Although, that doesn't mean you should stop checking your notifications altogether, since you still get notifications for whenever someone sends a message on your wall.

We have also updated the navigation bar on the wiki so that you can access important links on the forum easily and I'd suggest checking out those links if you haven't already. They are very useful. You can see what they are here:

Screenshot_20201030-084545_Firefox.jpg

Lastly, since people keep forgetting this time and again, I'd like to remind them about how our Rule Violations Reports thread is supposed to function efficiently.

xddf.PNG

Last edited:
You can also try to mark threads as read within the list itself rather than ignoring them. This allows for the new notifications to appear and you not having to check them.

Well, I do not think that we have created a specific announcements thread for this before.

I just want to mention that if anybody has problems with editing via the UCP system, please try some different settings, as there are 3 editing modes to choose from.

Here are the ones that work best for me:

Screenshot_20201031-082943_Firefox.jpg

When I go to Preferences, I don't see those listings. Is there another pages called Preferences? I checked Preferences under User Settings.

I was referring to the settings in the wiki, not in the forum.

In addition, you need to click on the "Editing" section.

Nvm, I just thought the forum also had a setting similar. My wiki settings already had that checkmarked. The "Warn me when I leave a paged with unsaved work."

Well, as you can see, I use the source editor combined with not enabling the 2010 editing toolbar, after testing different options and receiving advice from a Fandom staff member.

Back