• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: A composite hierarchies page

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Hello lovely VSBW community. Well, the number of verses added to our wiki is only going to grow this year. That being said, I think it's time we added additional information regarding our use of dimensions to prevent further confusion down the line. What I mean by this is, currently there are a few verses that have what those such as DarkLK, Ven, and A6colute call a "composite hierarchy".

Now a composite hierarchy is a cosmological structure that combines at least or more types of hierarchies. On this wiki, we use basic geometry to explain our dimensional tiering, however, there are series out there that use this approach, but go beyond. An example of this would be Umineko, where there is at least +5(6 timespace) dimensions in each layer and this continues to infinity, yet the difference between each layer goes beyond the difference between dimensions. Another example would be I/O, where a meta-world can have any number of temporal-spatio dimensions until the final meta-world, which is beyond all forms of time and space. Basically, in a composite hierarchy, the difference between these layers, planes, worlds, etc. is greater than the difference between physical dimensions.

Yet another example of this would be Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (Demon King Daimaou) where a story can cover through the solar system or all the way up to infinite-dimensional space and these stories, regardless of size, can be stacked on top of each other. At least in Japanese media, this is quite common among higher end fictions. Do you think this should be explained somewhere on our wiki? Maybe on our dimension page? Or a separate page entirely?

In Umineko, there's a speculative number of at least 5 dimensions added within each successive layer, so we can guesstimate the dimensions of the higher layers. The difference is quantitative vs qualitative. These "composite hierarchies" focus on qualitative superiority over the levels within it, rather than just a quantitative superiority, such as that with dimensions.

There's at least some qualitative difference between dimensions as well right? Or does "more than countably infinite" still refer to a quantitative superiority, due to it still being a number? Numbers = quantity. But I still think there's some superior quality between a sphere and a mere circle.

Well, I personally would not mind if you two would write a Composite Hierarchies page, with input from DarkLK.

Currently we only have explanations of the difference between dimensional levels in the dimension and Higher-Dimensional Manipulation pages.

This could probably help get rid of some misunderstandings people have about our wiki. We don't only use "muh deemenshuns" and that's it. Dimensions are simply the most convenient real-world example, but anything that shows off progressively greater levels of existence that function similarly is tiered just as highly.

Exactly my point. However, we should ensure that the majority of the staff accepts acknowledging composite hierarchies since we have to treat them a bit differently than a regular dimensional cosmology (refer to Umineko as an example).

Well, I agree with Azathoth, and think that such a page would be very useful. We could list it under the "Important" category, and provide a link in the front page.

Considering it is integral to understanding and indexing these higher tier verses, it should be paramount we have someone who understands these verses in this way to help specify what these composite hierarchies mean. Hop also agrees with Antvasima and Azathoth.

@Sera Loveheart & VenomElite

Are you interested in writing such a page? I could check through the grammar, and we could ask DarkLK for input/potential revisions afterwards.

I can't make the page right this minute, as I have work soon and Ven is still at work himself. But I'll write it later today after I'm off.

Back