• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: A change in our wiki tiering format

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is to call to attention that our standard formats have been changed slightly to account for Sub-Tier Ratings. (A replacement project still WIP)

The new format replaces the bolded tier ratings, such as '''10-B''', to instead be replaced by a template, {{10-B}}, as that automatically adds both the appropriate tiering categories.

An example of this can be seen on this page:

DO NOT REMOVE THESE TEMPLATES FROM THE PAGES, I've heard multiple users claim they've done this, and from this point on they'll be in violation to the wiki standard (and essentially nulling any progress done by us in the replacement), the process of replacement even with the bot is slightly slow, and as such this may still take a few weeks to apply.

Also any new files made have to include the template, in order to be accounted for.

Last edited:
Also this doesn't include work-in-progress sandboxes, right?

It's better to do it through the template addition though, as otherwise it's kinda redundant :V

I have added these templates in the profiles I could found. It requires some work and I want to know could we removed page contents like [[Category:Tier X]] since they have already included in the template. Another question is that does [[Category:Varies Tier]] and [[Category:Unknown Tier]] get their own templates?

I have added these templates in the profiles I could found. It requires some work and I want to know could we removed page contents like [[Category:Tier X]] since they have already included in the template.
No, they're useful in their own right
Another question is that does [[Category:Varies Tier]] and [[Category:Unknown Tier]] get their own templates?
They do, yeah. We'll add them in the second round since they're more complex than other tiers.

I have double-highlighted this thread. There is a popup message for our members, and it is visible in the front page of our forum.

I have been drafted to this.

What do you mean exactly?
I was jesting, since people were announcing they were helping. Zark asked me to work on my created pages. I somewhat regret making so many of them, hah.

The recent changes page is currently spammed by people participating in this, which makes it extra time-consuming and difficult for me to patrol it.

Can everybody who are helping out announce it here, so I can ask Lucas (our current wiki manager) to give them Bot rights while they are helping out, please? Also, only experienced and reliable members should preferably do so.

So is this just about the 10-A, 10-B, etc categories? It's gonna be quite a while since we get that done with all 29568 pages on the wiki, hm.

I believe it is automated through bots but it's apparently a slow process so people are probably wanting to speed things up by editing verses they support.

Amelia is handling this via a script that quickly speeds up the editing, yes, and I asked Lucas to give her Bot rights.

Okay. Is that fine with you, Impress and Amelia?

I've asked people lessen the workload as much as they can, because the bot process is still gonna take a few weeks to do via a bot (since we're finding alot of pages that don't properly bold their tiering).

At least, all the major pages should be done beforehand

Okay. However, we still need instructions for in what manner the edits should be applied exactly. Should the tier categories at the bottoms of the pages be manually removed in conjunction, given that the new templates add them automatically on their own?

Also, it would be preferable if I get a list of the experienced members who are willing to help out with this task, along with links to their wiki user pages, given that I can then ask to give them Bot account status during the time that they help to apply this project, so the recent changes page turns considerably less spammed during my edit-patrolling.

Kay, now I have added the new template to every single existing and unlocked page in The God of Highschool. Very easy. Very tedious.
Okay. However, we still need instructions for in what manner the edits should be applied exactly. Should the tier categories at the bottoms of the pages be manually removed in conjunction, given that the new templates add them automatically on their own?

Also, it would be preferable if I get a list of the experienced members who are willing to help out with this task, along with links to their wiki user pages, given that I can then ask to give them Bot account status during the time that they help to apply this project, so the recent changes page turns considerably less spammed.
Confirmation on this would also be nice so I know I didn't **** everything up lol.

I mean it’s not necessary to remove them, except maybe code neatness, so either/or
Also, it would be preferable if I get a list of the experienced members who are willing to help out with this task, along with links to their wiki user pages, given that I can then ask to give them Bot account status during the time that they help to apply this project, so the recent changes page turns considerably less spammed during my edit-patrolling.
Yeah sure

I'm burnt out from irl stuff, but is there anything I can do to help so I don't feel like I'm not doing anything?

Back