• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality (Type 4) for every Link

Yep. I agree. Though one thing I wonder is would Wind Waker Link get it, since his whole shtick was that he had no connection to the “legendary one”?

Yep. I agree. Though one thing I wonder is would Wind Waker Link get it, since his whole shtick was that he had no connection to the “legendary one”?
I dunno, maybe? it's weird. Like, TP Link is the descendant of OOT Link and even meets his lingering spirit but he's somehow also his reincarnation so having no connection might just mean basically nothing, especially since he's always grouped in with every other Link and it'd be weird for him to have all the same characteristics that they all share while being completely unrelated in any way.

I dunno, maybe? it's weird. Like, TP Link is the descendant of OOT Link and even meets his lingering spirit but he's somehow also his reincarnation so having no connection might just mean basically nothing, especially since he's always grouped in with every other Link and it'd be weird for him to have all the same characteristics that they all share while being completely unrelated in any way.
Maybe he's the start of a new line of reincarnation, considering Spirit Tracks Link.

I'd add a limited or unconventional tag to it, since it's more like the essence of the hero and the legacy of the triforce being passed on, instead of Link's specific persona, which is different in every incarnation.

And the same applies to Zelda.

I'm down with throwing limited or unconventional to it. Doesn't apply to Zelda tho, unless I'm forgetting something her deal is just bloodline related as opposed to her spirit being reborn, all the Zelda's are purely descendants of the last one and not reincarnations like the Link's are (Only time reincarnation applies to Zelda is when Hylia reincarnated herself as the one from Skyward Sword)

Back