• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality questions

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
type 1 is easy enough

same for 2 and 3, but what about 4? Its seems to simply be a subcategory of type 8 and 3.

txpe 9 also is very similiar to 8, but i can understand that one.

type 7 tough, is also weird, being dead alone shouldn't be an immortality of its own, as it gives no immortality differences form either type 1,2,3 or 5. it does say that it tends to overlap, but what is its purpose?

Type 4 is more a subcategory than a real type of immortality I think. Maybe it's for the "God immortality who made who invulnerable for certain thing".

Type 7 is basically at least a fusion of immortality type 1, 2, and immunity to death manipulation.

I understand that, but whats the point of them?I dont think there is a need for all possible ways to get immortality. i mean, type 4 is plain out type 8

and there are several zombies with only type 2 and not type 1

I do not see why type 4 and 8 should be separated, I agree with you.

Which zombie character has only type 2?

This has been discussed to death. Type 4 depends a lot more on the verse specifically. So like in some verses if you're a God then you can only be harmed by someone in the same hierarchical standing as you. That's what is meant by it.

Hmmm, i suppose thats alright, but to prevent further inconvininces why not just put it there? That is ignoring the nlf of the statement anyways.

I'm not kidding when I say this has been discussed heavily. Making another thread about it is gonna just end up being redundant.

The type 7 one likely depends on the verse too however I assume that by already being dead you'd likely be immune to life manipulation or the likes of it which also gives a sort of immortality

Then why isnt there an immortality for non alive object like robots? Its the same thing. But i digress, i was just asking

Give an immortality to robots is like giving an immortality to a table or to a sword.

We inherited much of the immortality system from the previous administration, and given how many pages that currently use the different types, it is too late to do anything about it without a massive revision project that would require resources better spent elsewhere.

Of course, just wished to question if somone who has t, pe 4 is different from type 3 or 8.

On that note, can negating type 3 and/or type 8 negate type 4?

I suppose that it is possible, but it likely depends from case to case.

Back